Bobbi Brown Powder Blush - Peony

4.4

on 4/15/2015 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

One of my all-time favourite blushes. I was originally scared that the color was too bright and I would look like a clown since I'm pretty fair (NC15). However, if you apply with a light hand, the color isn't too bright or unnatural at all. Peony is a warm pink that makes me look lively even when I'm having a cold or otherwise feeling unwell.

The blush feels silky and it's finely milled. It's very pigmented, so the product will last long. I've been using it for around five months four times a week and it hardly looks even used. The longevity justifies the price. I like that the product comes in a thin and small packaging because it's perfect for travelling. A mirror would be nice, but a brush would be wasted on me because I never use them anyway.

I'll definitely buy a new one when I'll ran out.

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other

I found bobby brown peony blush ok but not amazing like I was expecting it to be. After so many positive reviews all over the Internet I was really expecting something solidly good, but this product is pretty average. It feels cheap but maybe that's because of all the dupes out there. It is VERY highly pigmented (almost ridiculous). If you don't have a very very light hand then the MAC clown look comes out which is not nice. The packaging felt very cheap to me and rather basic for the price point. I honestly don't understand why people love this blush. It will last a long time due to the pigmentation but that's not necessarily the most important thing. It is not nice to use. It's a little cakey on the skin and doesn't create a nice flush. As a comparison my favourite blush is a softer pigmented Becca mineral blush (A-maz-zing!) it beats this a million times over -and then over again. I will not repurchase.

on 10/23/2014 4:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Kinky, Fine

I have (2) of these that came with my beloved DESERT ROSE blusher / bronzer / countour powder. I LOVE Desert Rose and it has been discontinued.

I use the Desert Rose all over, blending the redness out of my face (I do not wear a full face of foundation, I just dab on a bit of concealer). It is so light and beautiful it looks and feels very natural, not like you are wearing a face full of make up

The Problem: This Peony is lovely and came in a size LARGER than Desert Rose, and I use a tiny pop on my face, a teeny tiny pop on my cheeks after I smear Desert Rose all over my cheeks, blending down my face, around my face, temples, neck.

SO.....this will technically last forever

Its a great pop color, may be great for darker skinned gals, but for a light skinned gal any more than a pop of color would look clownish

Not sure why BB did not make a HUGE Desert Rose bronzer / blusher with a tiny Peony for a pop of color.

It came in a duo............

on 8/5/2014 4:38:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I had this blush now for over 7 months. I'm a warm caramel shade and it looks AHHHH-MAZING on deeper skin tones. It really gives you a fresh-faced look without every looking like a clown. I use about two good swipes of blush on each side for my desired look.

Packaging is pretty basic--there's no mirror in the compact and it's on the higher end price-wise. Maybe because I've had it for so long and it's drying, but I have to really swipe my blush brush a few times on the product to get the desired color (unlike Nars, which is hyper-pigmented)

Would probably buy this blush again, but would love to know about what powder-formula dupes are out there!

on 4/15/2014 10:40:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I love Bobbi brown blushes, they stay long on my skin. But i do not like this blush on my skin.
it is a bright blush, not a natural blush on me. On my skin it looks like i feel the heat so much that i look like i nearly pass out. Or a blushing colour when i had too much to drink which is not cute. BUT i do love Bobbi brown blushes. I would recommend Pale pink and Nectar.
Nectar is my Holy Grail blush and pale pink is a really really great one, i would def buy them two again when they finish. but not this peony one

on 3/7/2014 5:03:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

So i finally gave in and purchased this after an online artist recommended this to me for a pop of pink on my cheeks. For ref i am NC30-35 at the moment and will tan to NC40 on my forthcoming holiday.

This is lovely - but only if you like pink and that brighter 'pop' look. You only need a tiny amount - i will probably use a bit more when i tan - otherwise you will look like a clown lol.

I apply a pinkey bronzer first to contour ann then use this on the apples of my cheeks for a pop of pink. It is matte so good for all you ladies who prefer this kind of texture. I personlly don't mind matte or shimmer but i do wish that there was a tiny bit of shimmer to this. Also i wish that BB Blushes were a little cheaper as it is expensive for the amount you get.

On the whole this is ideal for olive or tanned skins - i personally wouldn't recommend this to anyone lighter than NC25 as i think it would just look silly. But if you have a very light hand then it may work for you.

I am very pleased with my purchase and can see myself using this quite a bit. especially when i have a tan and on days where i want a fluch of girly pink x

on 2/14/2014 4:55:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

The colour is not as scary pink as it looks! Actually it is quite nice, not too bright. I think it even has a peachy undertone (or it might get absorbed to my foundation). It is very pigmented too so only a dab will do. I think it is as pretty as Dior's pink blush (no. 829) so I use both interchangeably without people knowing I change the blush.

The package? I don't like it for the same reason I don't like Mac's blush package. It looks cheap, no mirror no brush (am I asking too much?)

on 1/12/2014 4:14:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

This is my FAVORITE blush, and I am a blush snob. I was looking for a blush that I could use everyday and then layer for a more dramatic look for special occasions. THIS IS IT. I will never buy another brand ever.
I have very oily cheeks (and eyelids...>_>) and this will last all day. Usually I need a touch up if I have dinner plans, but as I said OILY cheeks.

on 10/5/2013 9:27:00 PM

Love this blush and color. It gives just the right color - don't be scared how bright it appears.

on 7/31/2013 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure

I loved the color etc. However, if anyone is looking for a $3 cream version of this, look no further than the jordana color tint blush stick in 02 pink adore. This, paired with jordana's "Over the Taupe" eyeshadow, totally gives a peony and python look!! I love the jordana cream stick. I am dark (so I am a pigmentation snob) and this was amazing! Of course I love the bobbi brown blush, but at a fraction of the price, jordana is a better alternative!

Popular Blush Products