April 23, 2014 | 1967 users online

Brows - L'Oreal - Brow Stylist

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2012 2:13:00 PM More reviews by ickythump

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I actually really like this product a lot. It gives you a nice natural eyebrow and I love that it comes with two different pencils that blend nicely together. I wish that the pencils would be longer though! I'd recommend it and I'll be repurchasing.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2011 8:21:00 PM More reviews by kathrynb23

I brought this in Blonde, I'm asian, with natural raven hair, I dont have sparse eyebrows. Before you question me about getting blonde instead of dark/brunette, let me just say this was for my mom, who has minimal to no eyebrows at all.
It looked really nice, subtle and natural for my mom without making it look like her brows were tattoed on. One day I used it for myself, and I really really liked how good it looked. It didn't make my brows look fuller(The colour is too light to give my brows that full effect), it made them look more shapely and neat, which is what I prefer.
Definitely would repurchased and will be looking at more blonde brow pencils in future. I got this in the bargain bin, but I'll probably would pay full price since its actually really good!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/21/2010 12:30:00 AM More reviews by KimberlyDoll10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this is medium-dark brown. It is a very close match to my eyebrows. However, I dont like this pencil because 1) the tip is worn down and dull and it flakes off very quickly with my other sharpener I use, which is a waste of product and 2) it rubs off very easily onto other surfaces. One time I laid my head down on my hand and I saw this had rubbed off. I was paranoid it left smears on my forehead so I went to the bathroom and checked. It hadnt luckily, but still, dont want to use something that will leave marks if something happens to touch my face. I dont even use a lot of it!

CoverGirl's EyeMakers work just as well for the same price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2010 4:31:00 PM More reviews by alison_k

I purchased this in Dark Blonde (even though my hair and eyebrows are light brown with a hint of gold) as I look silly with very dark or red toned eyebrows. These pencils are quite soft and waxy, I do prefer a harder pencil otherwise I get clumps of product clinging to my brow hairs. The color of the lightest pencil is perfect for me, even though it is an odd greeny gold looking color. I wouldnít buy this again as I really donít like the texture but other than that this pencil isnít too bad. continued >>

rated 3 of 5 on 8/28/2009 10:30:00 PM More reviews by evolxlove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have these in a set of Black and Brown. I find that I have to blend the 2 pencils incredibly well to get a good color match for my brows. Most of the time I will use only the Brown pencil with a shadow on top to set it. The Black pencil is gray and ashy on it's own. They are not considerably pigmented, which I think is a good thing, because they're meant to enhance the brows, not appear drawn on. However, they don't have the greatest staying power and are better described as dry, hard pencils. As a set, I think they're OK, but I wouldn't repurchase these brow pencils.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/9/2009 3:10:00 AM More reviews by mochio

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I needed something for my brows. This comes with two different colors for defining the brow in a more natural way than monochrome tinting. The pencils are soft and need to be softened. It takes me longer than usual to fill in my brows using this. However, it can be clumpy which i don't like, possibly the formula isn't that smooth. Wouldn't buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2007 5:58:00 PM More reviews by Myfugitive

I have the 2-pencil set...one of them is a dark blonde to light brown, and I don't care for it at all! It looks GREEN on my brows....so fake! I use the other one, for med brown hair and it works really well, but as with any brow pencil I use, I always have to remind myself to use a LIGHT HAND....a couple thick dark strokes and you'll be wiping it off. Also, unlike my eyeliner pencil tip, I like my brow pencil tip to be slightly worn/dull.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/27/2006 8:38:00 PM More reviews by tiebears

I have this brow stylist in dark brown. I really like the consistency and texture of the pencil, and I like the brush attached to it. The only thing that makes me want to try other brands is the lead inside the pencil breaks off easily, I would be sharpening the pencil and continually have broken off ends. Eventually, I just leave the lead attached (barely) to the pencil, and use it wiggly like that. My mother has the same brow stylist, and hers is like this too. Maybe we got the two bad ones, but in any case, I don't want to be paying L'oreal and not get L'oreal quality (or what it should have). So, I am looking out for other brands.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/18/2006 2:53:00 PM More reviews by aeroxy82

I have this is the dark brown set, it comes with two pencils-one 'lighter dark brown' and 'darkest black brown'. the first, lighter color, is a joke. it has very red undertones and is in no way a version of 'black' brown. toss it. the other is pretty much black, but a sheer version so its not harsh at all. it pretty much matches my brows, which fade into obscurity after the halfway point, so thats nice. it feels good and is not too waxy, but the fact that i have to buy that other pencil with it is not good in my book. im just using this while im broke, otherwise, its back to my MAC Stud pencil.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2006 9:10:00 PM More reviews by cjenn

Since they started making my beloved Wet n' Wild #649 pencil much darker???? Go figure, I have been on the lookout for a natural looking brow color that would also define my sparse brows. I grabbed this in dark brown, but I don't see the point of including two pencils, one to highlight and one to fill in the actual color. The dark brown pencil by itself is way too dark for my med. brown hair, but when mixed with the so-called highlighter pencil, it evens out. Not a bad product and has the quality I have come to trust from L'Oreal. However, this is a very oily and soft textured pencil, don't leave it in a hot room. Keep it in a cool place. Will update later to see how this fares over the long run and thru humidity.