Burt's Bees Lemon-Lime Lip Gloss

3.2

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/13/2011 10:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

I love Burt's Bees and natural products/businesses, and I really wanted to like this stuff, but it's nasty. First of all, it smells strange, like an old wax smell with a tiny bit of lime. Second, the texture is awful, It's SO thick and dry that it's hard to smooth on your lips. Once it's on your lips, it's super thick and sticky. They need to reformulate this gloss ASAP!

on 12/7/2008 1:47:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

i bought this at cracker barrel the other night for $4 . it's 98.64% natural. i really like it alot. i isn't as much as a lip gloss. it does give a little bit of shine, but nothing exceptionally shiny. i would buy this again. i love the smell lemon-lime and it tastes like lemon-lime too to me. it really moisturized my lips too ! which is a huge plus!:) good job burt's bees.

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This is really more of a balm than a gloss - it adds a little bit of shine, but it's quite minimal. It's a bit less moisturizing than the Burt's Bees lip balms. I think this is because to give a bit of shine, it sort of sits on your lips instead of sinking in.
I mainly bought this because I really love lime. The smell is sort of lemon-lime + sugar. Someone earlier said that it smells like Sprite, and that's about right. There is no flavor.

I actually really like the cute little glass jar it comes in, but I don't have long nails.
All in all, I'm not wowed by this product, but it's decently good as these things go, and relatively inexpensive. I don't think I'll re-buy this one, but I might convince myself to try the raspberry.

hate the smell. difficultly getting product out and the pot is cute but not exactly sanitary... i like the raspberry better. Def. will not repurchase.

on 9/15/2007 3:37:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is a nice gloss. I'd actually consider this more of a balm, though. The packaging is cute in a vintage sort of way. It smells just like Sprite to me. Also, it is moisturizing. It leaves a very subtle shine to your lips without any glitter or shimmer. It's always in my bookbag for a quick pick-me-up, because of it's energizing scent. Again, Burt's Bees gets my kiss of approval.

Wonderful scent, cute packaging, and that's it. First of all, I have long nails and this is impossible to get out w/o getting it under my nails and everything. Adds a nice shine for about 20 minutes, then dulls away. Upon initial application, it kind of sits on my lips, and when it disappears, it leaves my lips dry, chapped, and flaking. I'm never buying another burt's bees lip product.

on 3/26/2007 5:22:00 PM

I really like the lime scent, though the lipbalm is flavorless. I find that disappointing. It gives good moisture, without greasiness. If you have long nails, you can't get the lipbalm out of the glass jar. I didn't realize how much I liked this product until it was confiscated from me at the airport (airport personnel classified it as a "hazardous liquid" although it is a balm). : (

Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure

I have the Burt's Bees gloss in Cherry, too, and I prefer that scent to the Lemon Lime. Maybe I got a bad jar of it (with all-natural products, shelf life is shorter) but mine smelled more like Pine-Sol or kerosene (i.e., a VERY strong, bitter lime smell). I do like the Burt's Bees gloss formula, though. My secret is to apply a generous layer-- a thin coat won't do b/c the grapeseed oil base is very light-textured and absorbs quickly. I apply this liberally at night and wake up to find it mostly absorbed and lips feeling great. I am getting used to the scent, but again, not something you want if you're into sweet "yummy" smells.

on 12/3/2006 5:29:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

I like the smell, but like other reviewers found this lip gloss lacking in many areas. It's hard to get out of the pot. You can only get out a little at a time. It feels like there is nothing on your lips and moisturizes at a minimum. I keep reapplying and there really is no change. It's a minimum shine and my lips still lean towards the chapped side. I won't be repurchasing this again because I need to find something stronger to prevent chapped lips!

on 9/13/2006 9:31:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I wanted to like this.The loved the scent.That was it.It was too thin,not moisturizing at all.It actually made my lips dry.I want my $3.49 back.LOL!

Popular Lip Glosses