July 25, 2014 | 1970 users online

Treatments (Face) - Jason Natural Cosmetics - Vita-C Max One Minute Facial

rated 3 of 5 on 7/21/2007 4:55:00 PM More reviews by yossarian

Age: Unknown Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Wow. Jason really tried to put one over on the consumer this time. Got a new bottle of my beloved Vita-C Max One Minute Facial (now called Vita-C Max Instant Facial) and noticed even though the formula smells and looks the same there are some significant formula changes.

The Original One Minute Facial:

Helianthus Annus (Sunflower Oil), Octylpalmitate, Complete C Complex (**), Lecithin, Squalane (Vege), Camellia Kissi Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vit. E), Aloe Barbadensis Oil, Cannabis Sativa Seed Oil (Hemp Oil), Dextrine Palmitate, Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose Oil), Lupinus Albus & Triticum Vulgare (Alpha-Lupaline), Macadamia Ternifolia (Macadamia Nut Oil), Thea Sinensis (Green Tea Extract), Polysorbate 80, Polysorbate 20, Vitis Vinifera (Grapeseed Extract), Cyclomethicone, Sorbitan Oleate.

Newer Version:
Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Cyclomethicone, Polysorbate 80, Sorbitan Oleate, Silica Silylate, Ester-C Calcium Ascorbate, Ester C Sorbitol (and) Glycerine (and) Calcium Ascorbate, Polysorbate 20, Behenyl Alcohol, Sucrose Distearate, Rosa Canina (Rosehip) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vit. E), Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Benzyl Alcohol, Natural Menthol, Natural Vanilla Flavor, Fragrance.

Notice the new version has added irritating menthol, a ton of cheaper fillers (silicones, triglycerides etc), and removed a whole bunch of the fabulous high end natural ingredients that made the original so fantastic. No more camellia oil, hemp oil, macadamia oil, evening primrose oil, green tea extract, aloe, squalene for example. I've yet to try the product myself but please note the changes if you are a fan of the old formula in the original bottle.

31 out of 31 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2007 3:08:00 PM More reviews by 800256

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I use this 2x per week right after the shower. It has this slight cooling refreshing feeling to it. I love this stuff because you do not have to wait around for long time for it to dry. I leave this on for 3 min. max and wash off. I have seen an improvemet as far as my skintone being more even . I should also note that I use this in combination with Dr. Moore Toner Cream.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/13/2007 12:55:00 AM More reviews by Jberg

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This did not break me out and the product smells good. However, I would not buy this product again. I did not see a difference in my skin after using for 3 months and will not repurchase. I wanted to use a vitamin C product due to recomendations but this is not the one.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2006 10:37:00 PM More reviews by keellly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

this is about $30CAD, is oil based, has little granules that provide a nice scrub but nothing special, i don't really notice any difference while using this, but will continue to use it as i believe vitamin c is good for the skin. doesn't break me out but doesn't really fade scars or hyperpigmentation either. (the cellex c that i used to use definately gave improvements to skin tone). at least it doesn't break me out. i have oily acne prone skin w/ hyperpigmentation & acne marks.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/31/2006 5:11:00 AM More reviews by mimimakeup

Sorry, I really have not seen the benefits of this product! I have used this product a good number of times and find that there have been no visible results. The pump dispenser has a tendancy to clog, which is frustrating. The texture has a slightly oily/gel texture with some fine scrub particles which you apply to the skin and leave for around 1-2 minutes. The smell is pleasant, but on washing off the product, I am left wondering what was supposed to have happened!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/19/2006 5:01:00 PM More reviews by L_auber

This is one of my favorite products! Everytime I use it it leaves my skin soft and pink (healthy) - does not make me break out and I have combo skin. The perfect pick me up before going out is using this, it will leave you tingly and refreshed! AAA+++ :-D

Thank you to MUAers, that's how I found this in the first place! Love Jason's products.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/17/2006 9:16:00 AM More reviews by agingfast

Leaves an unpleasantly oily residue which in my case caused clogged pores. I didn't experience any positive effects whatsoever, even temporarily. And I got to pay somewhere in the $30-plus range to do it. Maybe things are different for someone who's skin is dry as the Sahara - at least that's who I hope all the positive reviews are coming from. Has menthol, too, so watch out if you're sensitive at all. This is dearly-priced citrus-scented cooking oil spiked with menthol.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/29/2006 5:54:00 PM More reviews by farmermax

This is a fantastic product. I have tried so many products on my 41 year old, blemish prone but dehydrated skin this summer, trying to find the perfect balance. I find this product makes my skin oily if I use it during the day so I use it before I go to bed and follow up with Clarins 'Orchidee Blue' oil. I hardly recognised my skin at first using this combination, it looked so calm, slightly pink instead of red and almost glowing. I highly recomend incorporating this product in to your skincare routine.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/14/2006 8:42:00 PM More reviews by camassia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had a bad experience with a vitamin C product in the past, but purchased this because of the the great reviews here (even though I'm not sure that we're all reviewing the same thing). This came in a squeeze bottle and is thick and oily with granules in it. You rub it into your skin, leave it for a minute or two (it feels cool and tingly), and rinse. A moisturizing but not oily residue remains, leaving my skin feeling soft, smooth, and calmed. I use this in the morning in lieu of a moisturizer and follow with a light sunscreen. This works well for my dry skin, but I would not recommend it for those with oily or combination skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2006 12:20:00 PM More reviews by Pbokhors

This is an excellent product - I use it mainly after cleansing before going to bed since it can be slightly greasy, but gosh, it works ! I leave it on for 5 minutes and my skin is clear, smooth, radiant, less lined and the next day, I look rested. I love it !