July 30, 2014 | 1118 users online

Blush - Lise Watier - Happy Face Cheek Gel

rated 5 of 5 on 10/8/2008 3:49:00 PM More reviews by Carybear

I LOVE this stuff. Its the best Gel Blush out thre, and comes with a cute round sponge to use, should you wish to apply it that way. I like to mix it with Lip Smacker's Dr. Pepper lip balm( a little on the back of my hand so it smooths on better and is better blendable) and apply it to my face. it looks fresh, dewy and natural. Good stain for lips. I buy it every 2 months.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2008 3:22:00 PM More reviews by bbqbunny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is my favourite cheek stain so far. It's far cheaper per fluid ounce than Smashbox O-Glow, Benefit Benetint, and even The Body Shop Lip & Cheap Stain. It's really easy to apply, and I prefer just using my finger tips - something you can't really do with liquid stains like Benetint. It's super long-lasting, and you can use it on your lips too. I use it every single day. Love.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2007 6:48:00 PM More reviews by user24678

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I purchased this product in the Sunny Face colour (sort of a bronzing colour). I was looking for a cheek stain in a more neutral, natural colour than my bright pink Body Shop Lip And Cheek Stain. This is NOT the type of product I was looking for. The woman at the store sold it to me as a blush, but really, it's more of a bronzer. It hardly shows up even though I'm unbelievably pale. When you apply more coats and it finally does start to show up a little bit, it ends up looking like dirty finger prints because it applies so blotchy. You can tell it's something ON your face rather than looking like colour in your cheeks. Absolute garbage and expensive as well. I returned it and am back to using my Body Shop stain because it applies soooo much nicer and the price is a lot more reasonable.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/29/2007 4:59:00 PM More reviews by s70princess

I am a huge fan of berry-coloured cheek stains so when I came across this at the store, I just had to get it. I admit, I didn't really like it the first time I used it because I applied it to my cheeks with my fingers it stained my fingers very badly. Luckily, this product comes with its own sponge (but it is so cute that I don't want to use it!) so I decided to try using a cotton make-up remover pad as an applicator, and voila, it works perfectly!! I found using a cotton pad as an applicator gave a really even application on me ... cotton pads are also cheap and disposable ... also doesn't suck up very much product, I really only need a little drop to cover both cheeks in a healthy berry coloured flush! The best part is this cheek gel is translucent and dries completely matte ... none of that yucky sticky tarte cheekstain kinda feel. Lise Watier happy face is really one of the only cheek gels that lasts all day on me ... I have a huge problem with powder blushes fading on me, so I also like using this as a base with my pink-based powder blushes and it lasts all day. True, this only comes in one shade ... but it is the perfect shade for me, so I definitely give this product a huge rave.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/13/2006 7:55:00 PM More reviews by LLeechok

I have been using this product for atleast 6 years and I think it's great. It spreads easily on the face and creates a nice natural flush. I have highly sensitive skin that is prone to acne and this has not caused any breakouts or irritation. The tube looks small, but I only have to buy a new tube every six months; and I use this everyday. Great product!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/26/2004 12:51:00 PM More reviews by rschon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I really love wearing blush, but always have problems with any powdered version b/c it makes my face break out and the application looks fake. I really like gel blushes b/c I get a really nice flush look w/out break outs but they are sooo hard to find in Canada at the drugstore. Clinique makes some really nice gel blushes, but the pink ("shell pink") is fuscia... really, really bright against my PPP skin & blonde hair and is hard to tone down. HF Cheek Gel is awesome b/c it is a wine coloured pink that (w/water or moisturizer) can be toned down. The only down side of this (and any gel) is that your fingers get stained (really have to wash it off to get it off).

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/16/2004 10:41:00 PM More reviews by djsaphira

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I left home to go to college and I forgot my best blush, Benetint. So naturally I needed an alternative. I first want to say that Lise Watier makes very good products, and her prices aren't bad, but this gel blush was not worth the $20 CAD I paid for it. For off, there isn't much product. Secondly, the colour isn't really a red, but more of a plum (which I don't like for my complexion). Thirdly, the consistency is very thick (like MAC disc. Cheek Jam), and it was very hard to get an even application. I will stick to Benetint, which looks more natural and won't irritate my skin my I apply it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2004 2:13:00 PM More reviews by dmartin

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

A sweet friend gave this to me as a gift-I gotta say that I love the sponge for application purposes,as the freakishly dark color of this right out of the tube is a bit scary. On the skin, it's a nice rosy flush,not too red and not shimmery. Very nice for those 'natural' makeup days. Seems to last all day too,and blends in very well.
I am a PPP with red/blonde hair,combination skin, and green eyes.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/3/2004 10:44:00 PM More reviews by nushu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have been using this blush for ~3 years now. I still love it and think that it gives me the most natural flushed look. I used to use Origin's Pinch Your Cheeks but i find Happy face much easier to blend and the packaging is much better. Origins has a metal tube that will crack over time and use but this one is in a plastic flexible tube. My HG blush!

rated 2 of 5 on 3/1/2004 2:56:00 PM More reviews by supah_stah1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I recently bought the Sunny Face (rather than the Happy Face), which is the same thing, only in a different bronzy colour. I have very little to say that's positive about it. For way too much money ($20), you get a tiny tube of tint for your face. I tried to use it over foundation like a blush, but since it's a gel, it made my foundation smear and gob up. I tried to use it under a very sheer foundation, and then you can't see it, because this cheek gel is so sheer itself. If you wear it with nothing else, you may be able to get it to look decent, but I personally have to wear a foundation. Also, if you put a lot on to get more colour, it starts to look patchy and streaky. It's hard to make it blend nicely if you use a lot, but you might as well not use it if you don't. Anyway, it definitely didn't provide that sunny glow I was hoping for. I will NOT buy this again. It's way too expensive to not work well.