October 24, 2014 | 1702 users online

Eye Shadow - Cover Girl - Eye Enhancers in Real Java

• Price: $

rated 4 of 5 on 12/10/2005 3:45:00 PM More reviews by kissesox

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this color. I agreed with the reviewer who wrote that this is a more earthy, red toned Mink. I mix this with both Mink and Champagne. It looks really nice with my coloring. I find earth tones like these look good with my hazel eyes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/28/2005 6:47:00 AM More reviews by Kalamity10

I love this color! It is kind of a deeper, more red toned Mink. Kind of a "light earth" color. I bought Milani Java to fit in my palette, but it didn't work with my skin tone but this does. Only complaint? They haven't put this into the new pan form! So, I use at home and it stays at home, or I could crush a little and turn it into a mini-pigment and make it to go. This is a neutral color (literally, according to CG's categories), I have to be very careful with browns as I am cool toned.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/25/2005 7:41:00 PM More reviews by lovelyliisa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I'm glad this works so well for others but it looked AWFUL on me. The plummy brown colour made me look like I had a serious case of pink-eye! Definitely not what I was hoping for. Texture and pigment are decent though and you sure can't beat the price. I really like these shadows for trying out fun colours but I won't get this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2005 1:26:00 AM More reviews by paleviolet

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this the day I dyed my blonde hair brown, and it's so gorgeous! So shimmery, deep and complex, no one can tell it's not a highend. I want all the CG eyeshadows!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/24/2004 4:32:00 PM More reviews by BarbItalia

Have I finally found my everyday wash?! I have small brown eyes and light olive skin; browns look horrible on me, make me look sick or tired! Greys and blues make my brown eye color POP, but don't look natural. Java Bean is just as described below: shimmery lt. brown, with a touch of plum. On my skin, it's so unique! Not brown, not plum...hard to identify, but lovely! I brushed it on lash to bone, blending there, over L'Oreal eye shadow base (which really allows your eye shadow color to show better). SO PRETTY, my eyes looked natural and bright all day. I love it...can't wait to try it wet for evening, and layer it. Blue eyes, brown eyes - go buy!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/8/2004 7:22:00 PM More reviews by Yelena1981

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Awesome eyeshadow! It's labeled a "pearl" finish, which is basically just a shimmer. It's a warm to neutral bronzish brown with plum tones, sort of like MAC Sable. The plum tones make it really interesting and sexy, and not just a boring brown.

The pigment is good, although the packaging is the cheesy Cover Girl type. Great shadow, and I picked mine up for $2 and change! Makes my blue eyes really stand out!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/26/2004 3:45:00 AM More reviews by Whammy

I have been trying to find a neutral shimmery color for awhile.
I tried Tapestry Taupe, too blah. Tried Mink, a little too warm. MAC Club pretty, but too many tones. This color honestly can't be categorized, it's so neutral! I love it. By itself, as a base,
as a bronzy highlighter. FINALLY!