August 28, 2014 | 1519 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Catfight

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/28/2013 4:06:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

CATFIGHT is a MLBB pinky mauve matt shade, and on me it has a slightly bronzed look to it (I'm around a n10/15). It's proven to be a very wearable shade; it can be worn all year round, and it goes with all of my preferred eye makeup looks. It's the only lipstick that I ever used up, and is something that I'd class as a HG product.

The formula is long lasting too - I'll still have colour on my lips up to six hours after application, and there isn't a lot of transfer onto cups etc. I have dry lips, but have not yet experienced any flaking or chafing after I've been wearing this. I also love the square tube - it won't roll of my dresser when I'm getting ready.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/1/2013 10:00:00 AM More reviews by BuffyDaLipGlossEater

I paired down my makeup bag over the years, and this is one few lipsticks that has stayed.

It's one those 'your lips but better' shades, without the gloss or shimmer. It's a great natural shade for me, since I'm a bit on the cool side, and I like pairing it with a cool toned blush ( like Dame or Well Dressed from MAC) for a nice all-over cool toned rosy look. It also looks sexy paired with a smoky eye.

It can be a bit drying, so I like to apply a bit of lip balm beforehand so it doesn't dry out my lips.

I would definitely repurchase this if I ran sout.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/14/2013 11:35:00 PM More reviews by kstone1964

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I find it very strange: the other NARS lipstick I own is semi-matte and and very creamy. This however is so dry when I did a swipe on my hand it flaked off. I adore the color. It like the shimmer. It's almost as if this one didn't pass inspection (?). I am returning to Sephora via mail. 4 years ago in Dallas I could have gone to one of the many stores. I had to drive 1 1./2 miles to get to one in a JCP in Savannah.
Anyway. IF the formula was creamier I'd keep it.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/29/2013 9:17:00 AM More reviews by alyssian

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this product as a gift and at first I was so excited to use it. The shade was a pretty hue of rosy pink and it had good lasting power (however there were times when it left my lips dry so I had to apply lipbalm underneath). Problem was that after I kind of gave it a break for two to three months tops, it became solid hard that I even had a hard time using a lip brush on it! Quite bit disappointing, I must say.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/12/2013 11:32:00 PM More reviews by orkira

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was my first Nars lipstick purchase. I bought this on Saturday and returned it today. I wore it twice and both times it felt dry on my lips and chapped them. The first time I wore it w/out lip balm. The second time I wore it with lip balm underneath and it still chapped my lips. I love Nars lip glosses and had been wanting to try their lipsticks but after this I'll stick with their lip glosses only. The tube it came in though was cute!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/31/2012 1:17:00 PM More reviews by Beauty4Ashes

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Catfight is a mauve-soft-purple-pink shade. It applies easily and is not drying at all. The finish is a semi-matte satin and I find it long lasting. This is a good, safe shade for the office and lovely to wear just about anywhere. I can see this appealing to many and working with many skin tones. I'm a NARS Syracuse and it's flattering on my deep, warm skin tone although it's probably best on cooler tones. I love to pair this with NARS Chihuahua lip gloss on top. I prefer to wear this in the spring or summer months.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2012 2:09:00 PM More reviews by Audny

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

My first Nars lipstick ever and I love it! Since I have bought some more but this one is just the best for me.
I will be honest it is a pain to use, as many stated it's quite a dry formulation it doesn't slide on your lips. i wouldn't try to apply it with a brush because it wouldn't transfer on the lips.
If your lips are well moisturized and not chapped it looks gorgeous.
It was a mat finish but not chalky just very sofisticated. On me the colour is a cool dark pink with hints of blue/purple, for fair skin it's a beautiful colour.
Because the formulation is so dry it's very long lasting even if you eat or drink it will still last 4 to 5 hours without touching up.
The packaging is so cute, a little squared nars tube with that tipical rubber feel it doesn't get as dirty as the eyeshadows but don't leave it in your purse just like that.
The price is high (25 euro) for such a little lipstick for me in Belgium (i have to buy it from France) it's in the same price range as the Chanel, Lancome and others but there you get more product.
Because i love the colour so much, it lasts on me a lot longer than others I would definetely buy it again.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2012 8:48:00 PM More reviews by lxGossipGirlxl

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is a matte, kind of a more darker pink, mauve color and i really like the color
Here's the downside: It is SO dry. If you wear this with chapped lips then you will die. And i don't think it's that pigmented either.
But i like the scent of it, im pretty sure you can't really tell, but I can smell this really light lime scent of, which doesn't really bother me but I wouldn't repurchase this lipstick again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/7/2012 7:57:00 PM More reviews by twocentsworth

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I am having a new love affair with Nars lipsticks. Catfight was one of four that I had a friend get me from Sephora. Of the four, it is probably my least favourite mostly because of the formula.

I agree with everyone else that the formula is very, very dry. I find it impossible to put on my lips by itself. To use I have to put on something like clear babylips, then catfight and then more babylips.

The colour in itself is quite nice and looks lovely with my fair skin/blonde hair. I often find it hard to wear neutral/browny lipsticks because they wash me out. I don't know how better to describe it but this one is pinky/mauve but with a definited beige-y undertone. It was more neutral and darker than I expected from the tube & website. It suits me quite well. It is understated and elegant and it definitely wasn't bad. Even so, I would probably not purchase again unless they changed the formula and I suspect that there might be similar colours in the Nars range that suit me just as well with a better feel.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/9/2012 10:53:00 PM More reviews by mskitte

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

My absolute fav lipstick of all time. As in, can't live w/o it.

It's a cool mauve pink. Sophisticated & just the right point between natural & made up. Gorgeous on me, a pale Asian.

Yeah it can be drying, but I don't find that a problem. (Just exfoliate/moisturize more!) I think anything more moisturizing would decrease the incredible lasting power of this. I have found no other lipstick to last as long on my lips.

Please don't ever discontinue this...