October 23, 2014 | 1791 users online

Treatments (Eye) - Bobbi Brown - Hydrating Eye Cream

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2014 3:24:00 AM More reviews by SueJennex

I use this strictly as my eye primer before using my concealer . Works great for this purpose.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2014 5:03:00 PM More reviews by julia178

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I have been using several of BB's skin care products - cleansers, toners and serums - for years but this eye cream is not one I would want to use regularly. I received multiple samples of the Hydrating Eye Cream over the years and did several test drives of it and I never ended up buying it. When I applied it to my eye area in the morning, I was hoping for a nicely hydrating effect just as its name promises, but I felt it did nothing. I don't expect miracles like erasing of fine lines, but other eye creams have a slight plumping effect and make my eye area look smoother and I find this cream simply underwhelming. I don't mind paying more for products that work well for me and do what they claim, but I find that many drugstore eye creams perform better than this, and at a fraction of the price. Retail $50 for 1.7 oz.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/29/2014 9:43:00 AM More reviews by Canadianpetite

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Had a sample from Sephora who suggested warming the product between my fingers. It took a long time to soften up before I could put it on my eyes. The cream just sits on my skin like a film even after I let it absorb for 10 minutes; sometimes the cream balls up. It is like soft wax. Since it doesn't get absorbed, I can't see this taking care of fine lines and nothing will take care of my kind of dark circles. The packaging is aesthetically pleasing but not hygienic since germs from your fingers spoil the product every time you dip in and also the oxygen changes the cream each time the jar is opened. If you're looking for topical hydration and as a primer for concealer/corrector, this could work for you although there are less expensive options out there. I will not be purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/9/2014 8:02:00 AM More reviews by OhAlejandra

Yes, this product is expensive, but a little does go along way. One the girls that work at sephora presented this product to me, and when she put it on it felt amazing. She also stated that it works well under concealer and works as a primer, so she convinced me and I bought since my concealers always crease. I have really bad dark circles, and the only thing I can do to fix it is wear makeup =\ anywayss I love this! I would def repurchase! My concealer last all day without creasing! I use it only as a primer and my concealer goes on smoothly. Yea it's pricey but worth it. I don't know of any cheaper moisturizer that feels like this one. I def recommende. I also have dry skin, so it works well for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/30/2014 5:02:00 AM More reviews by bigbadpanda

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Just for reference, I'm 23 years old and don't have any sort of skin sensitivities or acne.

This product is great for hydration, which is what I was looking for. I apply some in the morning and then apply makeup after it has set in. It takes a bit to set in but when it does it makes my under eye feel nice and soft. It makes my concealer go on easier as well.

I definitely don't think this does anything else but hydrate. My dark circles are the same and I don't have any wrinkles so I couldn't say that it helps with that issue.

I do wish this came in a tube rather than me sticking my finger into a pot over and over again but oh well.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2014 3:56:00 AM More reviews by Kellybearxoxo

First of all I should make it clear that I'm 18, and I am not looking for an eye cream to take care of wrinkles or anything, this is actually my first eye cream. I wanted something hydrating and not for aging and also something that would maybe help with my genetic eye bags. I want to make it a point that if you're wanting to get rid of lines with this eye cream you will def. be disappointed. This is a hydrating eye cream and that's about it, but it does its job wonderfully. The hydration seems to have made my genetic eye bags way less noticeable which makes me super happy, I found out about this eye cream from a woman on YT, and just as she said it gives the perfect mix of hydration absorbed along with a bit of hydration on the outside that stays for the entire day that just feels... idk silky xD I love it though!! I use it twice a day and my eyes really do look a lot better after using it =) it's jar does look fancy which I enjoy lol but I do think a pump would be more hygienic. It's also pretty pricey, but you don't need a lot at all so the jar will last you awhile I promise.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/7/2014 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Burgandy1973

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

First time using this eye cream and have no reactions so far and my skin is super sensitive and dry like no tomorrow..... Wanted to change my skincare routine since I am now 40 went to Bobbi Brown products since I have liked them in the past.... Use to wear Clinique but they have changed their formulas and it broke me out and made my skin burn...Loving this eye cream as my under eye area is really dry..... Pricey as is all of Bobbi Brown products are but so far it hasn't made me break out which is awesome....

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/12/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by PianoGirl1985

Don't waste your money ladies. First of all, it is a jar packaging which means all of the so-called state of the art ingredient will loose their potency with every single use since every time you open this jar the air gets in. Second of all, this cream is not worth the price tag AT ALL. It is not moisturizing enough, it does not erase any lines or make the undereye area smoother than any other (and better) eye creams. It just does nothing.
If you want a natural moisturizing remedy just mix primrose oil, vitamin E and argan oil together and you got yourself a long lasting, moisturizing cream for fraction of the cost.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/12/2014 3:22:00 PM More reviews by allnaturalforme

I got a sample of this from sephora with a 500 pt beauty reward, the makeup palette was awesome, but the eye cream was horrible, it literally did nothing, not even hydrated a tiny bit, it sat in a thin film on top and didn't even penetrate. Worse than any regular old moisturizer you could use as an eye cream...

Update August 2014: I have continued trying other eye creams and recently found one I love, Amazonia Complete Eye Revive

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/2/2014 10:48:00 PM More reviews by HollyWould123

I surprised at the very negative reviews on this product. At a glance, it seems most of these are a result of an allergic reaction. Since there seems to be so many people reporting this, I would definitely obtain a sample of this before purchasing it in case this happens to you.

Personally, I did not have any negative reactions to this whatsoever. I applied to my entire eye area at night before bed after cleansing before moisturizing. There is no scent I noticed and the formula itself is pretty lightweight. I felt it gave my eyes (especially the eyelids) extra hydration and made them velvety soft for my morning makeup application. It's not a miracle product, but it's definitely a nice, moisturizing eye cream. I'm not sure it's worth the price tag. I'm a bit new to eye creams so I do not have a whole lot to compare this to. I would gladly use this again, though!