October 20, 2014 | 1463 users online

Liquid - Neutrogena - Visibly Even natural look makeup [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2009 1:51:00 PM More reviews by lovelovelovets12

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Alright, well i have normal skin,no dryness whatsoever,and a bit oily on my nose and chin. I have this in 'natural buff 50',and its for light to medium skin tones. I am in love with this foundation.It does not last as long as I like it too,but I am going to get a foundation primer real soon and see how that works.I am thirteen years old, but I have tried ALOT of foundations(Almay Clear Complexion,Neutrogena Healthy Skin, Maybelline Mineral Powder, Maybelline Mineral Power Liquid, Mary Kay Medium Coverage; just to name a few) I have moderately-kinda-severe acne, but its gettin there.This has medium to full coverage, and is buildable. I set this with Maybelline Purestay Compact Powder foundation. It has SPF 20, which is a plus. It has improved my skin tone, too!!! Much more evened out now. It has Essential Soy which helped do that and Essential Soy is actually good for acne. ;)
    I use this everyday with Ecotools foundation brush, and to spot cover MAJOR blemishes with Ecotools concealer brush.
    The color I got is for cooler toned skin types, by the way.
    Go buy it! I absolutely LOVE it! :]

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2009 11:41:00 PM More reviews by graysuit

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I like this product. I use a primer first, so this stays on all day. It has a nice coverage and goes on smoothly. I use a foundation brush when I put it on. I use to use Lancome and Clinique, but because they can be pricey, I had to turn to a drugstore brand. I tried Revlon, Covergirl, and Maybelline, but they dryed out my skin. I am happy with this product. Some reviews are negative, but this foundation works for me:)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/7/2009 3:15:00 PM More reviews by daleyfam

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a super foundation for the price! The shade matches better than some of the department store brands I have tried. The finish is perfect - it does not dry my skin or leave it feeling greasy or tacky - it feels GREAT. I use a primer, and then I use a brush of finishing powder over the foundation. Love it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2009 2:51:00 PM More reviews by lalaland

This foundation traumatized me! I vowed never to purchase another drug store foundation! Well, that is not fair, but it did make me more cautious when purchasing cosmetics/skincare. I was using Lorac's Breakthrough Foundation, changed to Tarte's Recreate Foundation (love it), and decided to purchase a cheaper foundation to use everyday. I trust Neutrogena and purchased this foundation, thinking it would be better for my skin than the others (I am BIG on using products that are good/better for my skin and not just for the aesthetic payoff). It burned my skin so bad and made it itch. I thought it was because I was wearing a sweater that day...WRONG! The foundation literally burned my skin. I knew I was sensitive, but GOODNESS, it made my cheeks peel like crazy!!! I know that not everyone will have this reaction, but OMG, please test it out if you can. I will never be cheap again when it comes to my skin, not saying that drugstore makeup is bad, just buy what works for you!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/28/2009 6:27:00 PM More reviews by micahleech1986

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product at Walgreens because it was on sale for a super cheap discount. It looked like a fairly good match and I was intrigued by the idea of visibly even natural makeup. This product was a huge let down for me. I could spend hours moisturizinv and it would still find a way to expose the dry patches on my face, not only that but it actually make's my skin flake, YUCK!! While I really like the color, I found it to be too watery and not very even at all. I've tried it twice alone and once I mixed it with my HG Revlon Colorstay for normal/dry skin. It helped a little but I was still so incredibly disapointed. I like makeup that really does look even on your skin and doesn't accentuate your flaws- sadly this foundation is not it. If you have dry skin stay away!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2009 5:03:00 PM More reviews by Peri

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I bought this recently, as I'd been using Shiseido and other pricey foundations and wanted to give a cheaper one a try. Neutrogena's colors are always good for me, as they're yellow-and-golden based, rather than pink and orange, so that's a plus, as is the convenient, simple packaging. I bought this in Softest Gold and while the color is pretty good, I'm not nuts about the texture. It accentuates my dry skin and it's not super bendable at all...even with a sponge. I guess I'll still be searching for the perfect drugstore foundation.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2009 9:53:00 AM More reviews by Alexine

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Wow! This foundation is a keeper. I've been using Chanel's Teint Innocence and have recently run out. I can no longer justify spending almost $50 USD on foundation that doesn't last me a year, so I decided to try the Visibly Even make-up, honestly because it was on sale for 50% off at CVS. I'm pretty dry, so I was concerned that this may dry me out, but so far it hasn't. The coverage is sheer, the color--Softest Gold--works better for me than Chanel's Cameo, and the finish is very natural looking. I do like the finish to be a little more radiant, but for the benefits and the much lower price tag, even when not on sale, I'm willing to sacrifice a little glow.

My one complaint is that I thought I scored because it was on sale, but in looking at the foundation, I found out why it was on sale: it expires in March 2009. I will continue to use it past the expiration date, provided it doesn't develop a rancid smell. I use an SPF 30 moisturizer, so I'm not concerned about the SPF in the foundation.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2008 3:02:00 PM More reviews by Ladybug68

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I've tried many different brands of liquid foundation, and this is the BEST one I think I've ever used. It goes on so easily, and I love how it feels. It also stays on nicely, and it looks great!

I also like the way I'm able to control how much I get out of the bottle -- I hate foundations with a pump, where you end up with too much sometimes, and you waste the product.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2008 12:48:00 PM More reviews by ecogbill

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Not terrible, but not great. I purchased this foundation after running out of my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, and because I've been looking for something with more coverage. I've now made at least 3 trips to the bathroom to make sure my face doesn't look too cakey. Perhaps I'm used to the smooth coverage of the LM products, so this seems too thick and unnatural-looking...

I'm going to keep using it and update if anything changes!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/13/2008 12:50:00 PM More reviews by jenni1965

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I am very fair and love this foundation. I am early 40's & skin in getting drier, although I still have a small amount of T zone on occassion. I use Natural Buff 50 and I thought I'd share my regime with you as it produces a wonderful and natural clarity & glow & I get a lot of compliments. Apply the Natural Buff 50 with a damp sponge (make sure you squeeze sponge in your towel after wetting, you do not want it wet wet). You must apply with sponge for the most natural look. Do not rewet the sponge, only do this one time. Turn bottle over onto sponge while holding it on top of bottle and turn back right side and use the "dot" for forehead and one for each cheeck and one for nose/chin/eye area, blend with a light touch. After doing whole face, I then invert bottle over one finger and with dab over my eyelids and underneath eyes, being careful to blend around corners of inner eyes and in brow area, use dabbing motion with fingertip. I do this instead of concealers as they age the eyes as they get into creases, etc. I then use neutrogena Mineral Sheer powder in the Light to Neutral 30 shade. This is key. I just brush the product all over the face, including right over closed eyes, don't worry about too much. Just be light with the brush and wisp/sweep all over. It looks very natural and produces a glow without frost or glitter. It sets the foundation, adds layer of additional coverage w/o being heavy & makes skin glow. I then follow with the Netur. Mineral Sheers blush in Pure Plum 50 which I absolutely love. I agree with others that the brush system of the mineral sheers product leaves a lot to be desired but I am always pressed for time and it is wonderful for timesaving. Shake it a bit and the product comes out and if you get a streak or too much product it is VERY SIMPLE to brush out what you don't want with a different brush. That is what I love about this product; natural and easy to blend. The blush with these two other foundation/mineral products looks so natural, it looks like the glow when you come inside from a cool fall day. None of these products set in creases or make your eyes look crepey - which is key as you age. Good luck & hope you have good luck with products as I have.

7 out of 7 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No