November 27, 2014 | 956 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Single Eye Shadow - Beanie [DISCONTINUED]

This product has been discontinued

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2009 4:04:00 AM More reviews by atsugari

If you love taupes you like this one. It's a taupe similar to MAC Sweet Sienna but more cool toned. A must have if you like taupes that are more silver purpleish with micro shimmers. My HG and very economy friendly.

Packaging comes in a sqaure pop open container with a plastic window. Only gripe is I wish they had a palette for me to put all my NYX singles in that would be perfect.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2009 1:18:00 PM More reviews by RainbowsUnicornsAndHGfdn

Click 'continued' for photos.
Like most NYX shadows, this is soft, finely-milled texture, applies evenly, so buttery you can beautifully blend it with finger/Q-tip/cheapest brush. Lasts all day with a primer underneath (I recommend Urban Decay Primer Potion or Too Faced Shadow Insurance), otherwise it can crease on oily lids within several hours.
The color is way different than what you see in the pan; in the pan it's a taupey grey but once applied, a strong plum magically pops out of nowhere. Also the silver shimmer is overwhelming, from certain angles you don't see any color, only a silvery blob of glow. I can see how this shade could work beautifully on some people, so I'm not labeling the shade as ugly in any way - my disappointment lies in the misleading color you see in the pan, as compared to how it really looks on skin.

continued >>

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/24/2009 1:48:00 AM More reviews by jessawess1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

This is absolutely gorgeous! It like a silver, greyish, with a little hint of light purple. I used this with Urban Decay Primer Potion and it stayed on all day. I seriously couldn't quit looking at my eyes..they have the right amount of shimmer so they still look amazing but also subtle..i would definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/27/2009 2:16:00 PM More reviews by snow23

friggin beautiful. mix of taupe and silver with a violet lavenderish sheen

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/13/2009 2:07:00 PM More reviews by Leylani

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is a very complex color, and many of you earlier reviewers have done a very good job at describing it. So i just say: it is a lilac/lavender/purple/silvery/taupeish/beige. Ok, i dont think that description covers it. And im so happy to have this one in my collection, i absolutely love it :-)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/4/2009 8:39:00 PM More reviews by liz91

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I see I'm not the only one who loves this shadow! I was looking for a dupe (in color, not texture) of MAC's paint in the color Shimma since it's been discontinued. That color really brings out the green in my hazel eyes. (I am an NC25, for reference.) I ordered Beanie online hoping that it would duplicate Shimma, and it does! It is a beautiful silver/taupe/purple. It duplicates Shimma even more if worn over a white or pink base. I agree with other posters who say this shadow is very soft, almost too soft. I actually broke it up and put it into one of my MAC pro pans so it would fit in my palette, added some 91% isopropyl alcohol and a binding agent (from Coastal Scents), pressed it, and this improved the texture immensely. It's no longer so fragile. This color looks great on the lid with Graphology (a dark grey/purple by MAC) in the crease. I think Beanie is a must for anyone with green/hazel eyes. And you can't beat NYX's prices. I will probably buy several backups of this just in case it ever gets discontinued.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2009 12:18:00 PM More reviews by 1lostinparadise

Love it! Beautiful, silvery taupe with a hint of purple. Very versatile shade. Another NYX keeper. If I can help it, I will never again spend $15 on a single eyeshadow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/6/2009 9:47:00 AM More reviews by tracyveronika

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

This is *exactly* the color I was looking for. It's mix of purple/silver/brown that really works for cool complexions. I think it's subtle, it just makes your eyes look smoky without being overly obvious. Love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/21/2009 8:27:00 PM More reviews by bobbictx

this color is nice, but too sliver looking. I expected it to look more purplish, but on my skin, it appears to be quite silver. It's also much more frosty than I expected.

It's a nice color, but not what I was expecting. It might be better mixed with a more purple-brown color for some skintones.

I probably would not purchase again just because it will probably last me forever, unless I can find a way to mix it with just the right shade.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2008 6:55:00 PM More reviews by haleyhay

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't actually own this color, but I couldn't find the actual colors I owned to review them. NYX shadows are really good, they have amazing pigmentation. I think in general $4 an eyeshadow is kind of expensive, but if you compare them to other shadows which are similar they are much more expensive. So the price is worth it. You can sometimes also find them on sale, I was able to find some for $1. They are long lasting and come in so many pretty colors. They are a great buy.