September 30, 2014 | 1776 users online

Misc Beauty Tools - Make Up For Ever - Glitter

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/9/2012 2:52:00 AM More reviews by gvmullins

I have found the perfect shade of gold glitter, FINALLY! This is the THE gold glitter ladies. (it's #1 in the line, in case you want to order it) Not too brassy, coppery, orange, yellow...its a realistic 14 karat soft gold. Ive been using the MAC gold glitter for a while because there's literally nothing better out there, and it's way too copper. It's not even gold! Frustrating. Until that is, I found my perfect coveted gold glitter in this awesome product! :-D

Additionally, the size of the glitter pieces aren't too big or small. This is important to me. Big pieces = drag queen/halloween look, small pieces = shimmer, not glitter. I have a gangload of gold shimmer, I don't want another one, thank you! This line of Make Up Forever glitters is perfect, and the shades are rich in pigment and pretty versatile as well.

I dip my brush in the glitter and then lightly tap the brush 1 inch over the area I'm applying so that it lightly falls on and creates a delicate dusting of glitter that is definitely eye catching. Note, you will need some kind of primer or sticky foundation to make sure this does not migrate, since it's loose glitter. I just use m foundation or concealer to get it to stay put. If I want to create an especially striking look, I'll be more generous with it and press it right onto my eyelid, sometimes doing it wet. I did this for New Years Eve and got many compliments!

LOVE!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/10/2010 6:32:00 PM More reviews by lleux

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Um, I love this stuff. I forgot the name of the glitter that I own but it's a holographic silver type shade and it's really, really pretty. Yes, chunky loose glitter is extremely difficult to work with and can lead to embarrassing fallout, but just a little bit sprinkled here and there on your lids can look really adorable. Sometimes you just need that excessive use of sparkle when the MUFE diamond powder or similarly formulated shadows won't do it for you. I'm always very sparing when I use this and make sure that I have something sticky on my lids, like a base or other such product, so that it adheres without shivering off of my eyelids.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2009 3:02:00 PM More reviews by lauralikes

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Other, Other, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this stuff is decent glitter, not the best (i love mac reflects) but not bad at all.
i have #14 which is a coppery/bronze and use it on my friends with blue eyes. it's not veryyyy finely milled so i use it on sticky bases (mascara, lipglosses or lipsticks or on top of a really emmollient product).
they're fun to play around with but dont count on it to be like a crazy cool eyeshadow because it will barely stick.

rated 1 of 5 on 2/3/2008 4:35:00 PM More reviews by effi33

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This stuff is aweful! I keep searching for the perfect glitter, so I keep trying different products. I bought this in Multicolored White 3 and Black 10. Both of these proved to be pretty useless to me. The black one doesn't work as either the eyeshadow or eye glitter. It doesn't work as an eyeshadow since this stuff is terribly grainy, sandy and falls of the eyelid as soon as you apply it. As a glitter it's useless since it doesn't really sparkle that much! In fact, you can barely see the sparkle. In addition, it doesn't apply evenly and sits in chunks. I was so disgusted it I just tossed it into the garbage.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/27/2004 10:19:00 AM More reviews by minimac

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I have this in a white shade that shows up as a bluish-violet sparkle. Love, love, love it. First found this eight years ago and it lasts so long that I've only had to repurchase once. I tap it on with my finger over eyeshadow, on cheekbones, or just under the eye beneath the lower lashes. Everyone comments on how pretty and slightly ethereal/cyber it is. It really snazzes up an evening look. The white shade is particularly special because you can't see the pieces of glitter (since they're white), only flashes of sparkling blue and violet. This lessens the 'tack' factor associated with glitter. Packaging isn't great - a small pot that you need to prise the lid off, and you need to dip a finger or brush in the pot. My best friend had the blue shade, which looked incredible on her African/Caribbean skin, and it opened in her handbag, covering the entire bag with blue sparkles. Still, this is one of those great 'word of mouth' products that I love having in my makeup arsenal to whip out for parties etc, and I'd definitely repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2004 3:14:00 AM More reviews by Spastik_Kitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I purchased these in red, silver, blue, purple and fuchsia. Some of them are very fine grained and the others are still fine but a touch larger. I found that they aren't too gritty on the skin and stay very vibrant. You do need somthing to help stick them on though (like most glitters).

I would recommend these if they weren't so expensive.