November 28, 2014 | 1335 users online

Shampoo - Garnier - Fructis - (Colored hair formula)

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/6/2011 3:12:00 PM More reviews by gc2011

I have used this shampoo and matching conditioner daily for over 3 years and it's the best I've used, salon or drugstore brand, period.

I have whole-head color as well as highlights and this keeps the color bright and shiny, and doesn't weigh down my fine (but thick) hair.

My stylist says I'm on to something good and recommended I keep using it - and she's used salon-only brands for years.

Highly recommended. If you want to preserve your haircolor investment, this is the product for you.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2011 6:21:00 PM More reviews by rachellll2014

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Pretty good shampoo, lovee the smell :) but for some reason, a week after i colored my hair, it turned extremely light (i dyed it dark brown) could be due to the sun or different water (went to dad's house for a few days after coloring my hair). But anyways, its a good shampoo and its really really cheap! (Like, $2!!!) good buy :)

rated 4 of 5 on 5/18/2011 2:20:00 PM More reviews by fieryrose13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I dyed my hair fairly regularly for about four years or so (recently dyed it closer to my natural color to give it a break), and I used this shampoo and its conditioning counterpart pretty much the whole time. I love it, though I had to take one lippie off for the new scent formula. I wish they'd at least offer the option to buy the original scent - I liked it so much better!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/17/2010 8:13:00 PM More reviews by kaxel

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I have completely average hair - it's not fine, frizzy, flat, curly, dry or oily. It pretty much always does exactly what I want it to do. Yes, I am lucky. My only special need for shampoo is color protection. For years I used L'Oreal Color Vive but this is suddenly getting harder to find where I live, so one day I just grabbed this Garnier off the Target shelf instead. I think I paid $2.12 for it. I am very pleased with it. Right before this I had been using some Paul Mitchell shampoo that didn't work worth beans. The Garnier leaves my hair feeling clean (can go 2 days without shampooing). It also feels soft and silky (not dry like with Paul Mitchell). And all for under $3. I'll keep using!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2010 7:53:00 AM More reviews by neveranaddict

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

This shampoo does not nourish my hair but it makes it greasy. Because it doesn't cleanse it too well it doesn't make it shiny either. I have curly fine dry hair and I thought a little nourishing will do no harm to it, but Garnier Fructis for Color Treated Hair is by far the least of my favorite drugstore shampoos.
Other Garnier shampoos are better but this one is as cheap as its price.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2010 1:14:00 PM More reviews by tabbyblu

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

First of all, I do not dye my hair. At all.
I have primarily blonde hair with red in it. The blonde part is considered "fine" and falls flat. The red strands are coarse. So therefore my hair takes on a sort-of wave that easily ends up frizzy in this Dallas heat and humidity.

Yet my scalp is oily, and I have to wash my hair everyday to keep it shiny and make it manageable.

I try everything. And I mean everything. At my age I coast through shampoos/conditioners and hope for the best, beating back the frizz with shine products and heat from curling irons. I do prefer that my shampoo be reasonably priced as I don't want to spend a fortune on my hair, plus the expensive shampoos do not work better than the cheap ones, I've found.
On a whim, I bought this shampoo although it's for color treated hair, as my girlfriend who streaks her hair told me products for color treated hair are more moisturizing. I'd never purchased one for dyed hair before.
OH. MY. GOODNESS. In the shower my hair foamed up nicely, rinsed clean, and when I blow-dry it, it dries fluffy and soft and shiny, not frizzy. And when I put product on it, I can use less than usual as it's already behaving from the shower and shampoo. And I don't have to beat it to death with heat from a curling iron to smooth down the frizz.

There are a lot of bad reviews, so maybe it just doesn't (ironically) work for hair that's dyed? Or maybe I finally just got lucky since I usually get the short straw on shampoos, expensive *or* cheap.

rated 2 of 5 on 5/10/2010 11:17:00 AM More reviews by ladyofshalott

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

This shampoo gets my hair clean, but it also strips the colour out of my hair. I am naturally blonde, but I dye my hair dark brown. I have used other shampoos before that are for "colour-treated hair" but this one does nothing to protect my coloured hair. Don't buy this if you colour you hair dark--you won't be happy with the results.

rated 4 of 5 on 5/1/2010 10:40:00 AM More reviews by jill28

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Other Eyes: Blue

I found this bottle lying around my house and even though I don't have colour treated hair, i decided to try it because I was low on shampoo anyway. My results: very soft, managable hair. Didn't notice any build up or drying effects but I only used this once. I won't repurchase since I don't have colour treated hair but I will try some of the other garnier fructis products!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/26/2010 6:10:00 PM More reviews by Trine16

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this product last summer when I was bleached blonde and working as a camp counselor. It kept my hair from looking yellow or brassy, and kept it healthy too!
I'm using it at the moment since my mom happened to pick it up, and I find it's not doing much for my current light brown hair... I also find that the conditioner part of the pair is making my hair feel pretty greasy - which I actually don't remember happening in the summer.

I'll come to the conclusion that its a great summer shampoo/conditioner set...but your hair won't need it in the cool , winter months.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2010 3:42:00 PM More reviews by ador

I generally like Garnier products, but this one is the pits. I color my hair, but it's not very damaged. I thought I'd try this just to help my demi-permanent color last a little longer. It has totally dried my hair out and frayed the ends. It makes my hair feel strange, dried out and gross. Needless to say, I will definitely not be respurchasing or even using the rest of the bottle. Such a waste...