November 24, 2014 | 1257 users online

Lotions/ Creams - DHC - Acerola Body Gel Moisturizer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/22/2012 1:23:00 AM More reviews by greenreed

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After epillating, I tend to get ingrowns, so I do not use regular lotion. I tried this gel instead and it is soooo much better. Weightless moisture for the warm months as well, and does not leave you sticky.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2007 11:42:00 AM More reviews by princess_eab

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this as a body moisturizer in the summer. Since it's expensive I only use it on my arms and chest to counteract sun damage, but it's so cooling. I need a heavier lotion on my legs after shaving-- this would probably work, but it's pricey. I'm addicted to all the acerola products and this is no exception. It has a high glycerin content so it holds moisture in nicely, and you can probably layer this under heavier lotions if needed.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2007 11:21:00 PM More reviews by riversiren

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I love this for summer. If I were 20 again, I would probably use it year 'round. It's clear, goes on quickly, absorbs quickly and if it smells, I can't tell. If you don't like greasy, creamy, oily moisturizers--definately give this a shot.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/27/2005 6:57:00 PM More reviews by lb2569

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I would use this mainly in the hot summer, as it doesn't moisturize enough for me to use in the cooler months. I use it only on my arms & upper chest, plus overnight on my hands underneath another moisturizer. I'm only in my mid-thirties, but the skin on my arms & hands was looking more lined & older-looking (probably from sun damage -- I know, shame on me). After using this for 1 - 2 weeks, I notice that the skin is definitely less lined & firmer looking. I also can tell that the freckles on my arms (I think also a result of sun damage over the years) are slightly lighter too. I wouldn't call this a miracle product, & the difference is not dramatic, but these are subtle changes that contribute to making you appear older or younger looking overall. The price is fairly steep too, but as I said, I don't use it on my entire body. Plus I bought two bottles on sale to stock up a little until hopefully it goes on sale again next summer. Unless I found something that does the same thing for me for less money, I would purchase this again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2004 1:34:00 PM More reviews by baksino

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

super light weighted gel. i rec. it for hot summer weather days if you have normal-oily skin. if dry, don't get it, i don't think it's the right kind for dry skin. moisturize very nicely and sink right in for me. feels very refreshing.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2004 1:08:00 AM More reviews by bluelena

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I like to use this on days when I know I'll be out in all the heat and humidity. Moisturizes without that greasy, lotion-y feeling. It's pricey, though, so I use it sparingly.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/24/2004 1:17:00 AM More reviews by ECMac25

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Very nice gel moisturizer - would be an excellent lightweight summertime moisturizer especially.

DHC claims that this formulation contains antioxidants like Vitamin C derived from the acerola berry, and should help with firming skin and even fading discoloration.

After three weeks of using this on a daily basis, I can't say that I see any different in skin tone/texture, but I do like how cooling this feels going on - it's very refreshing, yet it doesn't dry out my skin. It's very much like using those Aloe Vera after-sun body gels. It moisturizes just enough - I like to layer it together with DHC's Ceramide Body Cream.