January 27, 2015 | 1170 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Vixen

rated 2 of 5 on 1/11/2015 10:45:00 AM More reviews by reeree55

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I absolutely LOVE this colour. It's versatile in both winter and spring seasons. I've tried countless Revlon polishes and picked this one up because of the price point. Unfortunately, I would not purchase this polish again. I cannot stand polishes that chip easily and this polish does. The first time I used Vixen, I had done my nails less than a day earlier (WITH Seche Vite fast dry top coat) when I noticed that three fingers had noticeable chipping. I tried again (to give it another shot) and the same thing. I've never had such poor formula from a Revlon polish, so I'm not sure if my bottle was the exception, but it's not worth the hassle. I'd recommend Essie's Carry On (a little cooler on the purple side) - slightly more expensive, but incredible lasting power.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/27/2014 2:10:00 AM More reviews by Olom

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Like others reviewing before me, I bought "Vixen" as a cheaper alternative to Chanel's "Vamp" nail polish (Revlon's dupe was around CDN $5 at Wal-Mart. Chanel, I heard, is over $20).

I wore two coats of this polish on my fingernails (although one coat is sufficient if you don't mind those streaks). I didn't apply a top coat to it so, like many other nail polishes out there, it began to chip after 2-3 days (which is actually considered good in my books). Anything after two coats though, the colour tends to look more deep purplish (think eggplant) than that sexy reddish-purple you see on Google images of women sporting this polish.

Two complaints I have on it: it is too runny for my liking and it stains my nails after removing it. I'm not sure how long this stain remains on nails since I already painted over it with a different polish. Overall though, it is a very nice product for the price. I kind of want to buy Chanel's "Vamp" though to see if it is really that great which obviously defeats the purpose of me buying this Revlon one instead.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by classicsoul

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the original "vamp" colors for we women who don't want to spend the $$/can't afford Chanel Vamp. I just bought a second bottle of this polish because I wanted to get a pedicure and I'm so tired of picking deep burgundy colors at the salon only to have 2 coats applied and the color immediately looks BLACK and the burgundy tone gets completly lost.

I had not worn Vixen in about 6 years but I got some earlier today and went to the salon. The color is just as perfect as I had remembered. It's got a burgundy, opague richness and its dark, but not too dark. It's vampy, but classic and refined. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by roxycat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

EXCELLENT NAIL POLISH! The quality is comparable to OPI, better than Essie.

WEAR:
I was in a hurry and slapped two coats on without a base or top coat, thinking that I would remove it and reapply it properly later that night. But I didn't! NO TOP/BASE COAT NECESSARY! This is shiny on its own, plus I have worn this polish by itself going on four days and I am only now starting to see minor tip wear... and I use/wash my hands a lot.

PACKAGING:
I love that this comes in a classic Revlon bottle. I love when brands maintain their own style and do not change their packaging to cater to passing trends. This sets them apart, standing alone as a strong, timeless brand.

HG. I highly recommend this and will definitely repurchase whenever I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by EricaMorganB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love revlon vixen. It is a deep vampy wine color. It looks wonderful with my pale-ish skin tone during the fall. I will say though, it does streak. You get what you pay for though, and for a mid-range drugstore polish it does pretty well.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 3:27:00 AM More reviews by Fessyfare

My favorite nail polish color. I love the way it looks on my nails. Its a bit messy and takes 3 coats but it doesnt chip after 3 days so that's nice. I just wish the brush was better. Would probably make the application process a bit easier. Will definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 11:56:00 AM More reviews by meeschka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is a beautiful, creamy, vampy red color. i love it. application is smooth, though i need 3 coats minimum in order to not have streaks. classic revlon color. i definitely do NOT agree that it is a dupe of chanel vamp. chanel vamp (or rouge noir) is *way* darker. vixen is more of a medium vampy red. gorgeous. i have a few backup bottles so i wont ever run out :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by veggienurse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This polish is what opened me up to the world of Revlon nail polish awesomeness! Not only that, but it is my absolute go to fall polish color! It is a beautiful dark dark burgundy. Looks perfect on my pale skin without being too vampy. LOVE!! Wish Revlon had more colors though because their formulas are usually perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by diorbeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Vixen is a lovely dark red black with a creme finish. I have used Chanel Rouge Noir for years and decided to try this in a 3 for 2 offer and I can't see the difference between the two (but I still love Rouge Noir aswell). Application is really smooth with the long brush, and I love the classic packaging. It lasts a long time and looks gorgeous on short nails.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by hslivonia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product, Revlon is my new polish. I wash my hands all day at work. Love!