April 19, 2014 | 1652 users online

Polishes - Revlon - Vixen

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2014 5:07:00 PM More reviews by classicsoul

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is one of the original "vamp" colors for we women who don't want to spend the $$/can't afford Chanel Vamp. I just bought a second bottle of this polish because I wanted to get a pedicure and I'm so tired of picking deep burgundy colors at the salon only to have 2 coats applied and the color immediately looks BLACK and the burgundy tone gets completly lost.

I had not worn Vixen in about 6 years but I got some earlier today and went to the salon. The color is just as perfect as I had remembered. It's got a burgundy, opague richness and its dark, but not too dark. It's vampy, but classic and refined. Love!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/20/2013 3:15:00 PM More reviews by roxycat

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

EXCELLENT NAIL POLISH! The quality is comparable to OPI, better than Essie.

WEAR:
I was in a hurry and slapped two coats on without a base or top coat, thinking that I would remove it and reapply it properly later that night. But I didn't! NO TOP/BASE COAT NECESSARY! This is shiny on its own, plus I have worn this polish by itself going on four days and I am only now starting to see minor tip wear... and I use/wash my hands a lot.

PACKAGING:
I love that this comes in a classic Revlon bottle. I love when brands maintain their own style and do not change their packaging to cater to passing trends. This sets them apart, standing alone as a strong, timeless brand.

HG. I highly recommend this and will definitely repurchase whenever I run out.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by EricaMorganB

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love revlon vixen. It is a deep vampy wine color. It looks wonderful with my pale-ish skin tone during the fall. I will say though, it does streak. You get what you pay for though, and for a mid-range drugstore polish it does pretty well.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 3:27:00 AM More reviews by Fessyfare

My favorite nail polish color. I love the way it looks on my nails. Its a bit messy and takes 3 coats but it doesnt chip after 3 days so that's nice. I just wish the brush was better. Would probably make the application process a bit easier. Will definitely buy this again.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/14/2013 11:56:00 AM More reviews by meeschka

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is a beautiful, creamy, vampy red color. i love it. application is smooth, though i need 3 coats minimum in order to not have streaks. classic revlon color. i definitely do NOT agree that it is a dupe of chanel vamp. chanel vamp (or rouge noir) is *way* darker. vixen is more of a medium vampy red. gorgeous. i have a few backup bottles so i wont ever run out :-)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 7:48:00 PM More reviews by veggienurse

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This polish is what opened me up to the world of Revlon nail polish awesomeness! Not only that, but it is my absolute go to fall polish color! It is a beautiful dark dark burgundy. Looks perfect on my pale skin without being too vampy. LOVE!! Wish Revlon had more colors though because their formulas are usually perfect.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2013 8:02:00 PM More reviews by diorbeauty

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Vixen is a lovely dark red black with a creme finish. I have used Chanel Rouge Noir for years and decided to try this in a 3 for 2 offer and I can't see the difference between the two (but I still love Rouge Noir aswell). Application is really smooth with the long brush, and I love the classic packaging. It lasts a long time and looks gorgeous on short nails.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2013 2:01:00 PM More reviews by hslivonia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Love this product, Revlon is my new polish. I wash my hands all day at work. Love!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/31/2012 3:37:00 PM More reviews by cleogirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

To start off, Revlon nail polishes can be dirt cheap when on sale. Sometimes as low as $2.99 at Shoppers here in Can. As for this specific shade, its a very deep, dark, velvety burgundy that applies like a dream. 2 coats is perfect and the shade is very classy but vampy at the same time without being black. The formula wears very well, I've got strengthner, base coat, 2 coats of this + a top coat and there are still no chips after 3 days. Love this!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2012 11:07:00 AM More reviews by spaflam

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Wow - I can't believe it took me this long to remember to review Vixen. A gal-pal at my old office - back in 2008 used to wear this Chanel-Vamp-Knock-Off-ish shade and I liked it and tod her - so at Christmas 2008 she gifted me a bottle. (For free this is just great). When used with a good quality base coat and top coat (I am partial to CND Stickey and Seche Vite), it wears OK - not nearly a nice as OPI or Essie - but cheaper and a fun, deep rich color. Can streak - so apply 2 thin coats and use caution.