Smashbox Debut

Octyldodecanol, Polybutene, Phenylpropyldimethylsiloxysilicate, Polyglyceryl 2 Tetraisostearate, Ethylene/Propylene Copolymer, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Cetyl/PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Ozokerite, Capric/Caprylic Stearic Triglyceride, Silica, Dicalcium Phosphate, Hexyl Laurate, Stearalkonium Bentonite, Ethyl Vanillin, Propylene Carbonate, Tocopherol (Natural Vitamin E), BHT, Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Methicone, Commiphora Myrrha (Myrrh) Resin Extract, Gardenia Tahitensis Flower, May Contain ( /-):, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Carmine (CI 75470), Red 7, Red 7 Lake, Red 6, Red 30 (CI 73360), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 27 Lake (CI 45410), Red 22 Lake (CI 45380), Red 28 (CI 45410), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Yellow 5 Aluminum Lake, Yellow 6 Aluminum Lake (CI 15985)

on 6/24/2010 3:27:00 PM

This was a Smashbox.com "curtain call" discount purchase, so I don't feel as bad about the money I spent on this lipstick, and generally speaking, I like S/B lipsticks, but this one just doesn't do it for me. The color is a warm caramel shade that is completely wrong for me. Another one that might as well go on the swap list. Very similar to the LORAC "pure poetry" that I just reviewed as well. Not a fan of the color, but S/B lipsticks are otherwise awesome.

on 1/25/2009 11:09:00 PM

This will be my new everyday lipstick as well. I agree with the reviewer below that describes the color as "mocha". I'd say it's a mocha meets a muted toffee bronze with minimal shimmer: very subtle and very beautiful.Semi-matte, yet never drying in my experience. I'm a LLL with yellow undertones and it's great against my skin, but my guess is this is the type of shade that can look good on almost any skintone. Great staple.

on 2/22/2004 10:17:00 PM

Smashing Debut is my HG lipstick! HArd to describe, it's a brownish mocha malt-y lippie with a almost shimmery sheen that transforms the color in the light. Really pretty, sexy color. No problem with dryness.

Recommended for Medium Skin