August 2, 2014 | 1332 users online

Lipstick - Smashbox - Debut

rated 2 of 5 on 6/24/2010 3:27:00 PM More reviews by GoldieHawk

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This was a Smashbox.com "curtain call" discount purchase, so I don't feel as bad about the money I spent on this lipstick, and generally speaking, I like S/B lipsticks, but this one just doesn't do it for me. The color is a warm caramel shade that is completely wrong for me. Another one that might as well go on the swap list. Very similar to the LORAC "pure poetry" that I just reviewed as well. Not a fan of the color, but S/B lipsticks are otherwise awesome.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/25/2009 11:09:00 PM More reviews by Ayiti

This will be my new everyday lipstick as well. I agree with the reviewer below that describes the color as "mocha". I'd say it's a mocha meets a muted toffee bronze with minimal shimmer: very subtle and very beautiful.Semi-matte, yet never drying in my experience. I'm a LLL with yellow undertones and it's great against my skin, but my guess is this is the type of shade that can look good on almost any skintone. Great staple.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/22/2004 10:17:00 PM More reviews by jkovitz

Smashing Debut is my HG lipstick! HArd to describe, it's a brownish mocha malt-y lippie with a almost shimmery sheen that transforms the color in the light. Really pretty, sexy color. No problem with dryness.