MAC All eyeshadows

4.4

on 7/3/2015 2:20:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I have a few of these shadows, and I must say that the pigmentation is excellent and the lasting power is at least 10 hours - and colors stay true. It's nice to know they don't end up like a muddy mess on my eyes. I also have their Cool Toned Palette and that's beautiful too.

on 12/28/2014 7:39:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

I agree with the hit or miss thing about pigmentation here, not all of them are worth the hype. I have almost filled two 15 pan palettes and there are some truly beautiful colours there but will stop at that. I prefer them depoted since it's easier to spot and more organized. Furthermore the packaging can be returned back to MAC for free goodies.

Performance and pigmentation-wise from my collection:

- Worth the hype IMO and would recommend by all means
All matte2; blanc type, typographic, copperplate, fig 2, handwritten. Also Satin taupe, jest, haux, sketch, woodwinked.

- Could take them or leave them
All that glitters, cross-cultural, quarry, smut, wedge, nocturnelle, contrast, trax, sumptuous olive.

- Found underwhelming
Shroom, Ricepaper, grain, shale, beautiful iris, beluga.

on 12/28/2014 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I've found them hit and miss. In general, I've found MAC Eyeshadows aren't that creamy or blendable and don't compete well at that price range. I've found many are dry and patchy, Especially those Mattes, they're too sheer and patchy. Matte2's are MUCH better, you're pretty safe getting one of those. I don't recommend "collecting" the range but if you take it slow and sample first you can seek out the better shades. Amber Lights, Woodwinked being a few.

****
GLUTEN ALERT:
Many MAC products seemed to irritate my sensitive skin and make my eyes puffy and pink and sore. Then I found out that nearly all MAC eyeshadow formulas contain WHEAT, BARLEY, and products made from Gluten Cereals in them. If you ,or a friend are Coeliac, or need to be strictly Gluten free, then at the moment only the Matte2 eyeshadows are safe that I know of.

GLUTEN FREE:
MATTE2

CONTAINS GLUTEN:
FROST
MATTE
SATIN
VELUXE PEARL (high levels)
VELVET

UNSURE:
LUSTRE
VELUXE

This is as far as I know. Mac could change this at any time. I check the ingredients list on the box carefully EVERY time before I purchase ANYTHING now. Even if you are buying a shade that was previoulsy "safe" Mac could switch in Gluten without telling customers of the change.They haven't made a committment to go entirely 100% Gluten-Free like Tarte and NARS.

on 8/13/2014 9:16:00 PM

Not too bad for $10. I purchased digit and blackberry and was so unimpressed :( I had to keep layering the eyeshadow to even get the right color. it was like see through. I heard soo much hype about how "creamy" and "blendable" they were that I was just dissapointed. I will be purchasing other colors in the future but for now I'm incredibly unimpressed

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

I think MAC eyeshadows are hit or miss, but the hit ones are really worth it!

I have a lot of eyeshadows that swatch more heavily than MAC in real life, but for some reason don't show up at all in photos! I used to look at all the MU gurus online and think "Their e/s is really visible and vibrant. The colors are rich. How come mine aren't like that?" Until I tried MAC, took a bunch of photos and immediately saw the difference.

Their "hit" eyeshadows are pigmented, can be blended with minimal effort and last a long time. They have a huge selection of shades you can surely find the one for you among their collection.

I honestly dislike the packaging, I find it bulky.

So far I got 16 MAC e/s:
Carbon, Blanc Type, Texture, Sable, Twinks, Brun, Brown Script, Quarry, Blackberry, Fig 1, Nocturnelle, Sushi Flower, Print, Typographic, Knight Divine and Deep Truth.

And my top shades are Blanc Type, Brun and Brown Script.

I do think, however, that I'll be trying out other brands...with UD, NYX and MUG on top of my list ;)

on 1/29/2013 9:22:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

MAC shadows are very good - albeit pricey. Some shades are must-haves while others are just "meh". Many finishes to choose from, matte, veluxe, velvet, satin etc.

Check out the huge selection online - not to mention the plethora of limited edition collections.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine

MAC's eyeshadows are the best I have ever tried.
Pretty long-lasting, even without a primer. The variety of shades is unbelievable! Definitely try them.

The only thing that can actually turn you off is that they're quite pricey. But it's definitely worth it, trust me.

Would I buy this product again? 'Yes... Yes. Yes!'

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

I agree with the comment below this one. After seeing the countless legions of MAC devotees, I was really anticipating great eye shadow. I was left disappointed. I think the pigmentation is not great, and the hype not worth it at all. Urban Decay, Lorac, Lancome, etc are far better for the color payoff, buildability, and no fall out. Sorry girls, I can't agree. No need to go there...mine is on my swaplist..

on 2/21/2012 11:21:00 AM

After readin so many reviews declaring this brand the Holy Grail of eyeshadows, I must say I was so let down. I have cheaper, retail store-brand shadows that are more pigmented and last longer. So dissappointing....

on 2/10/2012 2:51:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love mac e/s they have such a wide variety of colors and they are all very pigmented. They are also easily blendable and apply very smoothly. Will buy more!

Top Rated MAC Products