Wet 'n' Wild Glassy Gloss- Berry Glaze

4.5

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/11/2006 10:52:00 PM

This gloss is aptly named, because it does impart a glassy shine to your lips. It is the shiniest gloss I own, and I have glosses from MAC, mark, Dior, etc. At 0.5 oz (14.5g), this gloss is a generous size too. I find the slant tipped squeeze tube more sanitary than the usual gloss packaging with the doe footed applicators, as you aren't constantly introducing bacteria from your lips back into the unused gloss. I'm not too fond of the taste of this gloss. It tastes like cough syrup to me. However, it sure does look good! Brazen Berry Glaze (#318A) is a MLBB color (I have pigmented lips). There actually isn't much berry in it. In the tube it looks more like a dark rose color with some shimmer. On the lips the shimmer isn't that apparent but it deepened my lips' color a notch and added a *really* glossy shine. I picked this tube up at Rite Aid for $2.99. I made the mistake of reading the ingredients on the box (the gloss comes in a rather useless and environmentally unfriendly clear hard plastic box that opens at the base), which gave me pause as to the predominance of non-natural ingredients. I've taken a good number of college level chemistry classes (both organic and inorganic) and I truthfully don't recognize most of the stuff in this gloss. Hope the FDA is monitoring this stuff, as lip glosses do get ingested into the body. A lot of chemicals can soak through the skin and your lips has extremely thin skin, and plus, it's easy to ingest some when you lick your lips, eat, drink, etc. Here's a list for you to ponder:

Ingredients: Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Polybutene, Cetyl Octanoate, Diisostearyl Malate, Glyceryl Behenate/Eicosadioate, Mica, Fragrance, Cholestryl Hydroxystearate, Benzyl Alcohol, Benzyl Benzoate, Titanium Dioxide. continued >>

on 12/10/2005 10:45:00 PM

I loooove this gloss. The texture is great (not too sticky, not too thin) and the colour is subtle and pretty. The thing I like the most is the smell, which is blueberry and reallllly yummy smelling. I'm nearly done the tube, which is impressive considering that it's only two months old and in rotation with several other glosses.

on 9/9/2005 11:52:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Cool

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

My favorite gloss. Almost finished with the tube. Very unusual for me since I have so many. Not sticky like the other WNW glassy gloss. I happened to like the Blueberry smell and flavor. Goes on sheer with a faint shimmer. Stays on well. Prefer Urban Decay 'Disco Inferno'.
continued >>

on 6/14/2004 5:05:00 PM

This is okay. It's not as sticky as the other WnW glassy glosses. It smells nicer, with a fake berry scent rather than that rancid thing they have going on with the older ones. It looks blue in the tube, but goes on clear with some glitter. I'd prefer more glitter show up, but otherwise it's a really good buy.

on 4/29/2004 10:48:00 PM

This is an exceptionally good facsimile of Urban Decay's 'Disco Inferno' gloss - the only difference being that Berry Glaze is slick and smooth rather than gritty, packs even more shine than its more costly counterpart, tastes of blue raspberry rather than toothpaste and can be had for a mere two dollars. Sweet. The gloss looks blue and glittery, but once applied is clear and glassy with subtle blue glitter. I love how this makes my lips look and feel, and it's SO cheap. The other glassy glosses are all worth a look too, but this one is my favorite.

on 3/4/2004 7:08:00 PM

Very cute gloss! A clear with blue shimmer. The texture is not as sticky as the original Glassy Glosses, which I like. I actually love the scent! (gasp!) The older ones smell so gross I couldn't stand to wear them, but Berry Glaze smells like blueberries!

Popular Lip Glosses