October 22, 2014 | 1851 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Nature's Gate - Herbal Unscented Body Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 2:16:00 AM More reviews by daz4

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Despite the negative reviews, I really like this lotion. No scent and although it does not absorb immediately, I like the highly moisturizing and dealing feeling. Most lotions you have to use a lot but not this one.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2013 6:17:00 AM More reviews by berrycurious

It's pretty moisturizing but not very; this is light not rich. I tried using this on my face and got an intense stinging/burning sensation that made my whole face red!

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2013 3:04:00 AM More reviews by DuchessofGrapes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ugh! I usually make my own products including body butters and lotions. But I've been extremely busy recently and the site I usually buy from had just raised their shipping prices again. So I decided to go back to using store bought lotions. For daytime, I re-started using my favorite daytime lotion, Alba Unscented, with great results, but my favorite nighttime lotion, Trader Joe's Midsummer Night's Cream, isn't available where I live now. So I tried this out hoping it would replace my TJ's Cream. It DID NOT! This takes forever to even soak in, and when you finally get it to absorb, it doesn't even moisturize that well. You'd think it would since I can feel a layer of almost plastic like film being washed off my skin in the morning, but it just doesn't absorb into the skin. It's a shame because I love the brand, love that it's unscented, and love that it's available 5 minutes away from me. But the product itself is a let down. Rats. I guess I'll keep searching.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 6/27/2012 1:58:00 PM More reviews by pinknika

Ditto on what the reviewer below me said, actually I almost wrote those exact words!

This new forumula is horrible, it doesn't moisturize, it leaves white streaks and doesn't absorb at all. I'm still on the hunt for a fragrance free lotion that does A GOOD JOB of moisturizing, sorry Natures Gate, this isn't it!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 4/4/2012 5:37:00 PM More reviews by alisha_the_kitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

They changed the name of this to "Fragrance-Free Moisturizing Lotion For Sensitive Skin." The formula claims to be new and improved as well.

Frankly, I can't see anything that has improved with the new formula. It just doesn't seem to absorb well into the skin. It leaves these white streaks all over that take forever to rub in. It feels like it leaves a sticky film over my skin. I can actually feel this stuff rinse off in the shower the next day! Gross! So, it never truly soaks into the skin... And I just feel that it doesn't do the best at moisturizing either.

I wish they would bring back the old formula. (It was a little greasy, but at least it eventually absorbed into the skin and moisturized.) I wouldn't repurchase this newer formula ever again.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2011 10:39:00 PM More reviews by ravenlocks

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I liked this lotion a lot, but then they made a "new and improved" version which has a sweet, putrid, cinnamon like odor. Gross. Won't repurchase.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/7/2007 3:01:00 PM More reviews by NantanYah

I found 2 18oz. bottles of this on ebay and it was such an amazing price I just had to get it. The reviews here actually got me interested in this lotion. I looooove the smell upon getting out of the shower and smoothing it into my skin but an hour later my skin doesn't look dry but my hands do not feel moisturized. Then towards the evening my legs are a bit ashy. I shouldn't have to but I am going to add some avacado oil to this lotion to up the moisture factor, as I have to finish up these 2 huge bottles. I'm going to finish up and never look back... I'm still on the search for a wonderful hydrating lotion.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/10/2007 11:09:00 PM More reviews by karamg

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This lotion was a staple of mine for over 10 years...then they changed the formula (and the packaging). Lower quality, less natural ingredients now, and the results show it. Won't re-purchase unless they bring back the original, which I would have given a 5.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/5/2006 10:34:00 PM More reviews by Cissyl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This lotion makes my skin really soft. I found it for about $4 at a Kroger in Toledo.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/18/2006 6:45:00 PM More reviews by MerryBerriesNCherries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this a few days ago at my local health food store, I'm on a natural products binge. I like that the ingredients aren't scary looking (what is Methylchloroisothiazolinone anyway?!! lol) which probably means it's better for you in the long run too. It seems to be moisturizing enough for most of my body (doesn't work on eczema though, but then again NOTHING does so no points off for that) as people always tell me I have baby skin. Another big plus as far as moisturization goes is that I'm EXTREMELY picky about lotions/creams on my hands, I cannot stand anything filmy (BBW, Jergens) nor can I stand anything that leaves my hands feeling dry. This is not filmy at all yet it seems to keep my skin quenched enough. My only complaints are the price (it cost me $6.75 for 18 oz) and the smell. Unscented stuff always has a wierd smell, funny isn't it. I personally can't stand it, I GAG. I cannot repeat what I said the first time I put this on, I breathe through my mouth until it soaks in and the smell is gone. I would repurchase unless I find something better, but my health food store is small and my choices are limited.