Nature's Gate Herbal Unscented Body Lotion

3.2

Not tested on animals

Water, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Seed Oil, Glycerin (Vegetable Derived), Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride (Vegetable Derived), Cetearyl Alcohol (Vegetable Derived), Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Cetearyl Glucoside (Vegetable Derived), Glyceryl Stearate SE (Vegetable Derived), Sesamum Indicum (Sesame) Seed Oil, Sorbitan Stearate (Corn Derived), Xanthan Gum, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Prunus Armeniaca (Apricot) Kernel Oil, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Persea Gratissima (Avocado) Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Extract, Hedera Helix (Ivy) Extract, Viola Tricolor (Pansy) Extract, Commiphora Myrrha (Myrrh) Resin Extract, Salix Alba (Willow) Bark Extract, Panthenol, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Allantoin, Cetyl Alcohol (Vegetable Derived), Maltodextrin, Potassium Sorbate, Glyceryl Undecylenate (Vegetable Derived), Citric Acid (Vegetable Derived), Phenoxyethanol.

on 11/1/2014 1:36:00 PM

Very heavy formula that takes millennia to sink in, whether you apply on dry or wet skin. After all that, moisturizing effect is so so. Ain't nobody got time for this.

on 11/30/2013 2:16:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

Despite the negative reviews, I really like this lotion. No scent and although it does not absorb immediately, I like the highly moisturizing and dealing feeling. Most lotions you have to use a lot but not this one.

It's pretty moisturizing but not very; this is light not rich. I tried using this on my face and got an intense stinging/burning sensation that made my whole face red!

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Other, Straight, Fine

Ugh! I usually make my own products including body butters and lotions. But I've been extremely busy recently and the site I usually buy from had just raised their shipping prices again. So I decided to go back to using store bought lotions. For daytime, I re-started using my favorite daytime lotion, Alba Unscented, with great results, but my favorite nighttime lotion, Trader Joe's Midsummer Night's Cream, isn't available where I live now. So I tried this out hoping it would replace my TJ's Cream. It DID NOT! This takes forever to even soak in, and when you finally get it to absorb, it doesn't even moisturize that well. You'd think it would since I can feel a layer of almost plastic like film being washed off my skin in the morning, but it just doesn't absorb into the skin. It's a shame because I love the brand, love that it's unscented, and love that it's available 5 minutes away from me. But the product itself is a let down. Rats. I guess I'll keep searching.

on 6/27/2012 1:58:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Ditto on what the reviewer below me said, actually I almost wrote those exact words!

This new forumula is horrible, it doesn't moisturize, it leaves white streaks and doesn't absorb at all. I'm still on the hunt for a fragrance free lotion that does A GOOD JOB of moisturizing, sorry Natures Gate, this isn't it!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

They changed the name of this to "Fragrance-Free Moisturizing Lotion For Sensitive Skin." The formula claims to be new and improved as well.

Frankly, I can't see anything that has improved with the new formula. It just doesn't seem to absorb well into the skin. It leaves these white streaks all over that take forever to rub in. It feels like it leaves a sticky film over my skin. I can actually feel this stuff rinse off in the shower the next day! Gross! So, it never truly soaks into the skin... And I just feel that it doesn't do the best at moisturizing either.

I wish they would bring back the old formula. (It was a little greasy, but at least it eventually absorbed into the skin and moisturized.) I wouldn't repurchase this newer formula ever again.

on 8/23/2011 10:39:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Other, Not Sure

I liked this lotion a lot, but then they made a "new and improved" version which has a sweet, putrid, cinnamon like odor. Gross. Won't repurchase.

on 5/7/2007 3:01:00 PM

I found 2 18oz. bottles of this on ebay and it was such an amazing price I just had to get it. The reviews here actually got me interested in this lotion. I looooove the smell upon getting out of the shower and smoothing it into my skin but an hour later my skin doesn't look dry but my hands do not feel moisturized. Then towards the evening my legs are a bit ashy. I shouldn't have to but I am going to add some avacado oil to this lotion to up the moisture factor, as I have to finish up these 2 huge bottles. I'm going to finish up and never look back... I'm still on the search for a wonderful hydrating lotion.

on 4/10/2007 11:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

This lotion was a staple of mine for over 10 years...then they changed the formula (and the packaging). Lower quality, less natural ingredients now, and the results show it. Won't re-purchase unless they bring back the original, which I would have given a 5.

on 10/5/2006 10:34:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This lotion makes my skin really soft. I found it for about $4 at a Kroger in Toledo.