October 25, 2014 | 1253 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 3 of 5 on 10/3/2014 10:21:00 PM More reviews by flowerpan10

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

There are way better foundations at the drugstore than this but it's not so bad that I feel the need to throw this out. I have the color 400 neutral which seems to be a good match for my light/medium skin tone. I used to have very oily skin that broke out like no other and when I first used this I thought it gave zero coverage & looked really oily after application. After switching my skincare routine to Epiduo & getting really dry skin as a result I decided to try this again & I am very pleased. Yes, it's light coverage but I believe it's perfect at evening out my skintone even if some blemishes are still visible. For everyday wear it's really good as it's not so cakey that you feel trapped in your makeup. I do prefer Covergirl's Ready Set Gorgeous Foundation as apposed to this especially since the coverage is Medium-Full at $7 where this Almay is $12 for light coverage. I wouldn't repurchase this or really look into any more Almay products as their foundations other than this turn orange on me (smart shade my ass!) & their stuff seems so cheap, but as stated above this isn't so bad that I would throw it out.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/20/2014 10:29:00 AM More reviews by MeloraRabbit

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my usual face foundation. It was recommended to me by a dermatologist after I started reacting very badly to my old fav for years, Bare Minerals (I can no longer use bare minerals at all. I get red, itchy, rashy and I break out)
Although this product looks "ok" on my skin and feels pretty good. It doesnt make my skin look "healthy" or "dewy" or "glowing" at all. Therefore I am still searching for my HG face "foundation" or "BB Creme"
Almay Belmish Heal Foundation
Pros:
*Inexpensive, easy to find at drugstore
* Light weight feel
* doesnt break out skin
*Matte finish
*Light to medium coverage
*No SPF (a "pro" when using at night)
*Contains Salycilic acid

Cons:
*A bit chalky/ ghostly at times
* a bit hard to match skintone for my light/neutral skin tone.
*Doesnt last long
*No SPF (A "con" when using in the daytime)
*Contains Salycilic acid

rated 3 of 5 on 8/20/2014 3:32:00 AM More reviews by munchkin123

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

Almay is by far my favourite brand for foundation, so I might be a little biased.
I used to wear this when I had terrible acne, and while it didn't significantly improve my skin, it didn't clog my pores or make me break out more either.
Typically I would apply 2 layers for full coverage. During a normal day some would wear off as this isn't a long wearing formula so I'd need to use the clear complexion matte powder at around lunch time.
Only downside is if you use it long enough it will dry out the non-oily parts of your face and your skin may start to peel slightly.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/30/2014 6:58:00 PM More reviews by composure

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I found this at the drugstore for $4, couldn't go wrong. I picked up "Buff" and "Neutral", and I mix them to create the perfect shade. This product has great coverage. If I feel like my skin is misbehaving, I apply this on my face and I instantly feel more flawless. Now the downfall, because of its full coverage, I find that if I use too much or wear it for too long, I break out. I have highly acne prone skin that tends to be very oily. Though I set my makeup, I still will get a bit oily after 3 hours.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/28/2014 10:09:00 PM More reviews by SueAri

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My skin is acne prone, this product didn't cause me more breakout (it didn't clear my skin either). It has a light/medium coverage depending on how many layers you apply. I like it since many full coverage WILL cause a lot of breakout and clog skin even if you wear it only a couple hours.

I like the foundation. It works for me and I would buy it again.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/9/2014 6:31:00 PM More reviews by nanamisan

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm going to have to update this review as I continue to monitor this product. For the record my skin is awful, oily, dehydrated and flaky, blackheads, whiteheads, large visible pores, bumpy texture, Rosacea (self diagnosed Lol). That's what I have to work with. I was looking for a liquid foundation that would not cause breakouts and this came up and I bought it on amazon. It's the older style pour bottle and I'm not sure if that's the same formula as the new pump bottle. In the interest of full disclosure I use neutrogena glycerin bar for acne prone skin and olay complete spf 15 sensitive lotion (discontinued version).

Day 1: love it, skin was matte all day, coverage was a bit cakey due to my flakey skin but nothing I can't handle. No breakouts or irritation. Product felt like a thin slightly greasy liquid going on but dried matte which is rare for me. I did not use powder on top, and I did use moisturizer underneath because like I said my skin has been flaky. After day 1 I was all about this foundation.

Day 2: almost the same as day one except at the end of the day I had developed a couple micro pimples where my nose and cheek meet. Fine, I just got my period, understandable.

Day 3: more micro pimples on my cheek, and in between my eyebrows. One on my nose. Weird, I rarely get nose pimples. These pimples popped easily. Fair enough. Maybe this is purging? The product contains 0.6% salicylic acid which is something I never use as it always dries me out like ridiculously so I have avoided it like the plague. But my skin is not dry. The rest of my skin seems okay.

Day 4: pimples are drying up but more teeny pimples have appeared sporadically all over my face. These pimples are tiny whiteheads and are not red or irritated. The skin around the pimples is clear, smoother, plump, not dry, not flakey, and clogs seem to be surfacing..? Are clogs surfacing or are clogs forming? Hard to tell.

Day 5: same as day 4 but worse. One irritated pimple by my mouth. Teeny pimples from yesterday are gone and new ones have formed. Breaking out on my neck and chest too but I didn't use the foundation there so what's the deal? I also recently changed my shower soap. Deciding to stick with the foundation a little longer.

Day 6: washed my face and it seemed kind of red and flakey. Used chella exfoliating mask which burned. Was the mask burning? Was the foundation irritating? Skipped moisturizer as the mask left a film. Foundation wore well outside at a BBQ and through a night of drinking. Lol. But I developed a painful under the skin bump on my hairline. Could be sweat. Could be the film from the mask. Could be my shampoo or my dry shampoo. I also developed some scalp pimples the past few days. Hard to tell what's breaking me out at this point. Sticking with the foundation.

Day 7: A few new tiny pimples. The ones from yesterday dried up except for the hairline one which came to a head already. after I washed my face it seemed nice and clear, pores smaller, not irritated or flakey. Skipped moisturizer and foundation because I stayed home, but I ended up with a few more pimples by the end of the day. I used BeFine Cucumber clay mask to dry up my super oily skin.

Day 8: used st Ives apricot scrub mixed in with my face wash in the morning. skin kind of flaky, but seems to be clearing up except for a new cheek pimple. This day was similar to day 2.

Day 9: same as day 8 except I had a pimple under my chin that went away by day's end and the cheek pimple flattened.

Day 10: skin on forehead is looking less bumpy in the light. Will update later.

Update 7/21/14 I have used up half the bottle and have come to the realization that this product does break me out and does clog my pores, unfortunately it took me a long time to realize because it did clear up some acne, but it caused continuous acne as well as regular cystic acne which I barely ever get. I think it's due to the cyclopentiloxane ingredient but I'm not sure. For now I'm giving my bottle away and looking forward to clearer skin after a very pimply summer. I will say that I wish this product worked for me as I love the coverage and the oil control :( oh well.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2014 5:45:00 PM More reviews by SiouxsieYo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a case of a product that is a pain to work with, but can have good results. Like most people on here, I didn't see much improvement with my acne, but I only break out during "that time of the month", so I didn't expect/care much. I just wanted something at a drugstore price point with a pump dispenser that didn't seem to make my breakouts worse. In that regard, I feel the product works well enough.

The main issue is that this stuff is pretty light coverage and it needs to "set". The best method I've found for applying is by patting on the face Mary Greenwell style so it doesn't move around and simultaniously builds to a slightly thicker layer. Brushes with this are a no go. After that, just let it sit for a couple minutes and then pat/stipple the rest of your face makeup as much as possible. I've found that it feels less heavy/cakey/pliable as the day goes on, and I've actually gotten compliments on my skin while wearing it. If it immediately felt the day it does after it sits for a couple hours, I would be all about this foundation. The issue is working with it as a medium.

So, I *probably* won't repurchase (I have a feeling it will actually be a good summer foundation, and my repurchasing decision is contingent on that.), but for those of you who already have it/are just as determined as I was to get a pump dispenser foundation with acne medication at a drug store price point, just follow my application tips above. It will at least render it "finish the bottle" worthy.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2014 8:55:00 PM More reviews by jessiherrick

I have SUPER sensitive skin, and this foundation (or liquid makeup as it says in the bottle) not only keeps my from breaking out, but helps me when I do (usually hormonal). at first, I hated it and thought it gave zero coverage, but at the time I was using the Real Techniques Buffing Brush to apply it and it just sort f moved it around on my skin. I now use my fingers and it works WAY better. seriously love this foundation. I would say the only downfall is the price, which is cheaper than high end foundations but is more expensive than most drugstore. I will definitely keep repurchasing regardless.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/25/2014 1:42:00 AM More reviews by misscaandy

I am sad to say that I no longer get along with this foundation. I've been using this foundation for almost 2 years now. I have sensitive, acne prone skin and it didn't do anything to help my acne; but it didn't cause any as well so it's fine. The color selection isn't so great. I have an asian yellow undertone and use the shade 200 (which is a bit too pale for me), but any shade higher is either to dark and/or oxidizes to orange. This used to be my HG foundation because it lasted, didn't cause more breakouts, and I just felt as if I had a bond with it (I sound crazy). Anyways, recently I've been noticing that I'm breaking out real bad (clogged pore and whatnot). I didn't change anything in my skincare/makeup routine so it seemed quite odd. I assumed that it was my moisturizer so I discontinued that, it seemed to help a bit. I didn't understand what was going on, it's weird how all of a sudden, this foundation clogged my pores. Yes, I have hormonal acne, but I'm used to white heads coming out and being able to squeeze the puss; not have a million skin-colored bumps on my forehead. I stopped using it for a couple of days and it seems as if my skin has gotten a bit better. Almay may have changed/added something to the ingredients, I don't know. I have to break up with this foundation and search for a new one now, sigh.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/14/2014 4:53:00 PM More reviews by jm7286

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I'm sad to say that in addition to crappy, greasy coverage, this foundation seems to have broken me out in HORRIBLE cysts and pimple clusters. I got it on clearance; maybe it was expired, but this is the second Almay foundation that has disagreed with my skin. (I used Almay Lasting...the breakout wasn't as bad, but it still happened. My reaction to CC has been a nightmare, though.)

I use salicylic acid daily and without trouble, so I was surprised how awful this was for my skin.

(Caveat--I have severe hormonal acne and it's that time of the month.)

All that said, be wary. Revlon Colorstay isn't great and no foundation really is if you have severely acne-prone, sensitive, big-pored skin, but I will be going back to that and will have to continue to look for something to mix it with so the coverage isn't so cakey.