Olay Age Defying Protective Renewal Lotion

4.2

Active Ingredients: Octinoxate (6%), Zinc Oxide (3%); Inactive Ingredients: Water, Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Polyacrylamide, C13 14 Isoparaffin, Laureth 7, Cyclopentasiloxane, PEG/PPG 20/20 Dimethicone, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Steareth 21, Stearyl Alcohol, Sucrose Polycottonseedate, Behenyl Alcohol, Cetearyl Alcohol, DMDM Hydantoin, Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate, Octyl Salicylate, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Disodium EDTA, Steareth 2, Oleth 3 Phosphate, Fragrance

I'm only 24 and I'm writing this review to let other ladies my age know this is a great product for them too!

I bought this along with the Age Defying Night Cream (with beta-hydroxy complex).

A little background on my skin: I have dry-combination skin that tends to get incredibly dehydrated and flaky in the winter.

This moisturizer provides adequate sun protection with no white cast. I love that I can apply a moisturizer and also get sun protection in one step.

I'd say this moisturizer isn't moisturizing enough without layering a hydrating serum underneath, at least in the winter. It's fairly lightweight and the beta hydroxy complex does an amazing job of exfoliating and is in a ph range that will do so effectively (If you're familiar with Paula's Choice you know she's kinda anal about that stuff haha).

I can't comment on the wrinkle reducing proponent of this moisturizer. I have no wrinkles whatsoever. I get told all the time I look 17. I'm sure I'll appreciate that someday. However for someone with dry/combination skin, this has done an amazing job of smoothing my skin, reducing redness and irritation and clearing up acne, all at once. My skin has honestly NEVER looked this even.

I will say I've only been using these products for three days and I've already seen these results. I'll update if there are any changes but so far I'm incredibly happy and I think I've finally found my HG face regimen.

I'm so glad I (re)found this spf! I have a similar story to one of the reviewers here in that when I was a junior and senior in college my mother always would ask,"Do you have foundation on? Don't wear makeup it's bad for your skin." And I'd say no I don't have any makeup on--just spf 15. She'd squint at me skeptically. She'd always ask if I had blush on my cheeks too and the answer again was "no." I still remember on my graduation day my skin looked perfect and people commenting on it.

Well, at around 26 years old, I moved to the inner city that had a poorly stocked cvs and since I had no car, I stopped using this lotion and have used countless sunscreens, serums, you name it throughout the years. And now, at 35 years old I thought that my once perfect skin was simply due to being in my twenties and that I'd never see it again unless I get a glycolic peel or some sort of professional treatment.

I came across this olay product at $10 a bottle at CVS and bought it; remembering that I'd used it for a few years "back in the day." Wouldn't you know that after 3 days' use, my skin is evenly gorgeous, plumped, and the rose in my cheeks has returned. I don't know what is in this lotion because I've read the ingredient list and there's nothing spectacular in it that does what it's doing so miraculously, but it makes my skin beautiful. Yes, the lotion is runny and goes on shiny and wet, but after 3 minutes, it dries to a lovely finish. I will never stop using it!

The first thing you will notice is the heavy perfumed fragrance to this lotion. Squeeze the bottle carefully or too much will glob out on you.
I have been suffering with red, dry, flaky skin this winter and found it didn't help at all with dryness and made no difference to my skin.
Apart from the sunscreen, there really isn't much in the way of skin beneficial ingredients or ingredients to help with dry skin.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure

I usually use the Olay complete but the store was out so I decided to try this. It's cool doesn't break you out. I'm pretty sensitive in skin area especially as I've gotten older (37) . I'd use it again.

Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure

I originally used the older Olay Complete moisturizer for normal skin (the one that had Zinc Oxide). Then they changed the formula and I had to use the sensitive skin version. But it didnt feel as nice as the original one for normal skin.

Anyway one day I went to Target and was bored waiting for my mom to buy stuff so I looked at all the ingredients for different Olay moisturizers and saw that this one had Zinc Oxide as well as vitamin c and vitamin e so I decided to try it. I have been using it for almost a year now and I really like it! I was kinda iffy about using it since I am only 21 and it's for "age defying," but I love the light fresh smell and the way it goes onto my skin.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Other, Wavy, Coarse

Ok guys, this is my story. I was using Cerave for a long time, then picked up Olay Regenerist Night Cream, Olay Total Effects unscented day cream and a CVS serum comparable to Regenerist serum. I had been having break outs for a bit but they seemed to be worsening. That's when I thought I had a niacinamide reaction and had to stop using all of that. . But I was still looking for good creams. I called Olay and they sent me coupons to replace what gave me a reaction and due to reviews I picked up this and Olay Age Defying Classic Night Cream.

Review:
First of all, my box looks a little different and it says "classic" on it. At first I thought it's the same thing, maybe the other one was just older, but when I checked on here, I realized the ingredients *are* different. At first I thought it was a typo, but both creams have the same issue. Maybe Olay added "Classic" so people would know it's the old product, yet they added Acrylamide/Sodium Acryloyldimethyltaurate Copolymer instead of Polyacrylamide. That worries me because I specifically looked for the products I found with good reviews and extra chemicals is an issue since I'm clearly sensitive to products. Olay has gone from classic trusted to chemically laden and I don't like it.

This cream feels good, doesn't stink like hell and goes on well. However, I did notice a few more whiteheads than normal after the second day so I'm trying to find out which product (if any) did that. I am singling them out using just one at a time to find out. A few whiteheads is better than what I had before, but everyone deserves reaction free products and clear skin and I won't use a product if I know it's doing that. I will update with the news. But feeling a little skeptical.

UPDATE: I never found out if this is breaking me out or not, but I did find out that I react to some -siloxanes, which this has in it. I stopped using it a while before I found out though, it just didn't seem to be that great.

I use this along with the Olay Age Defying Renewal Cleaser (see other review). I have 4 words to describe this moisturizer. I love, love, love it! Both the cleanser and matching lotion have changed my skin. I swear I've noticed even a few unfortunate icepick and bumpy acne scars disappear. It's just smoothing and refinining my skin like nothing I've used before. I enjoy it so much that I usually wear it in the evening too, even though it has some SPF in it. It never irritates my skin and actually helps clear it, so why not right? Plus the whole Age Defying line smells like soap and rose (at least to me) so it's such a pleasure to use morning and night.

I also love the price and availability of it too. Here in Canada there's never really been a problem finding it in drugstores but I did just notice that Olay has repacked a lot of their line, so I'm guessing that might be why its been hard for some of the Americans on here to find it. None the less, it looks like it's a product that Olay feels is worth repackaging, so I'm thinking it's probably here to stay. Thank god! I would would seriously cry if it was ever discontinued!!

Great stuff! I agree with a previous reviewer- I haven't seen this on the shelves for a while. Perhaps Olay brought it back? In any case, I'm a long-time devotee to the daly renewal cream with BHA. It works amazingly well for my very sensitive, acne prone skin. This is similiar- it sinks right in, provides a smooth base without making me oily. It's reasonable, especially on sale. No breakouts. I will continue to repurchase!

Hair: Blond, Straight, Other

I have been using this for over 10 years (I pray they never stop making this) I will tell ya I am 42 & no joke pass for 28 all the time - I believe that this has kept the wrinkles away - I even get carded sometimes for lottery :) Nothing makes my skin more soft or smooth than this product - I have strayed and even bought super expensive stuff and nothing works like this miracle...
I love it & will use it forever!

I have had this bottle staring at me for awhile, from time to time I used it whenever I had run out of whatever moisturizing I am currently using. I just found makeup alley, and decided to read the reviews of this product. Reading all of the reviews I got really excited, and thought that I have been a dummy for having had this in my house all this time and not really using it. So I immediately washed my face and put on my L'Oreal Skin Genesis Serum (currently testing this), as I do before I apply a moisturizer, then happily applied this Olay Renewal lotion in hopes this would make my skin as amazing as all the reviews from others claimed, this was NOT the case. I didn't apply any makeup, just hanging around the house, about a half hour later I looked and the mirror and my face was so shiny and oily looking, I blotted some of the oil away and thought maybe I put too much on. A few hours later i touched my forehead and it was sooooooo oily feeling. So I washed my face and applied my regular moisturizer. I am so disappointed! I was hoping I had finally found MY secret to amazing skin. I am thinking that maybe I should try it again without my serum underneath to see if maybe these to products just hate each other. So I will update my review once I try that, fingers crossed.

Popular Face Skincare Products