October 2, 2014 | 1949 users online

Fragrances - Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab - Morocco

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by candystripelegs

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Tabu's little sister, for sure, but without the civet or rootbeer smell people always comment on. It's a lot gentler too, stays close to the skin. Even though the scent decription doesn't list it, I get a tiny bit of vanilla. Tiny, tiny...I am not a huge fan of vanilla scents but this is just fine. Morocco is a bit more floral but during drydown but they both have that warm, spicy feminine smell that is all at once mysterious, comforting and sexy. Lasts all day on my skin. Very nice!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/19/2013 6:57:00 PM More reviews by JaneWayne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I want to bathe in this stuff. I liked the notes listed for this, but honestly, I cannot tell them apart. I do get a soapy sandalwood and something, but it smells nothing like I thought it would. Definitely sweet and spicy, but it's quiet, it stays close to the skin. It smells heavenly mixed with a bit of aged Dorian...actually, it mixes well with a lot of scents! This is great for those that love woodsy, spicy scents but are afraid of wearing them in the summer.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2013 3:46:00 AM More reviews by DreamCatcherGirl

One of my favorites from BPAL!
To me, it doesn't smell like this description really. "Arabian spices wind through a blend of warm musk, carnation, red sandalwood and cassia."
It smells fabulous though! Like a warm sexy vanilla with a hint of spice. Once it dries, it gets sweeter.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/11/2012 11:11:00 PM More reviews by darkeyedfran

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have an imps ear of this and I LOVE it! All I need is a tiny bit, the residue from the wand on the inside, for this scent to work! This is considerably lighter than my other BPAL scents and it smells exactly like a chai tea latte on me. It's so yummy! i'm seriously considering buying a bottle of this with my next order because it's not sickeningly sweet but it has that perfect balance of warmth, sweetness, and spice that makes you want to curl up and fall asleep. love this scent!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2012 3:22:00 PM More reviews by awesomeness2

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This review is for MOROCCO, which is formerly known as OLD MOROCCO per the BPAL forum.

Based on the description, it's not at all what I expected. There is something very comforting about this fragrance, and I'd call it a comfort scent.

I get a bit of powder, then it morphs into the carnation, which is warm, lovely & just a tad spicy. It's a bit sweet, maybe with vanilla? Definitely more vanilla than sandalwood or musk. It feels like a soft blanket, rather than an dry land. Definitely reminds of Cavalli's Oro by Maurice Roucel, but a bit simpler and softer.

Definitely one of the best in the BPAL range. I still think ZOMBI is my favorite because it is unique, but MOROCCO is a close second, that's for sure.

This was highly recommended to me by a well-regarded blogger, and she was right. I also highly recommend it for sampling, which I would say is a MUST lovers of soft carnation scents.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2011 10:22:00 PM More reviews by lemonlye

The Lab's description is pretty accurate for this one: "The intoxicating perfume of exotic incenses wafting on warm desert breezes. Arabian spices wind through a blend of warm musk, carnation, red sandalwood and cassia." It's sweet and foody in a cookie-dough or rice-pudding kind of way, but not cloying in the least. I'm averse to cloyingly sugary scents, so that would certainly be a deal-killer. The spices and musk render it into more of a skin-like sweetness--skin with a lick of delicious rice pudding. Comfy and sensual and subtle. Not at all the crazy syrupy strong scents you sometimes get from BPAL--but I do love that house even when such fragrances don't work on me.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/22/2011 1:44:00 PM More reviews by Fyankevich

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

My friend sent me an imp of Morocco and I'm really enjoying it. It's warm and cuddly vanilla with a dash of delicious Arabian spice. This is lightly sweet and creamy. This is the ultimate comfort scent, really lovely. This is lighter than most Bpal fragrances I've tried and just really beautiful.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/22/2010 12:28:00 AM More reviews by ohtokio

This used to be an exact replica of MMU's Sands of Morocco. When I reported this on the forums, the next batch of Morocco that went out had a strong note of cedar added.

The "old" Morocco that did not contain the cedarwood can now be found at Bath and Body Works under Twilight Woods.

These perfumes are not "original" creations. If you're buying them, you're getting ripped off.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/27/2009 10:02:00 PM More reviews by GlennaGirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is an interesting fragrance. I'm not sure whether I'll buy a vial of this, but I might. It's spicy yet sweet, but not cloyingly so. It's not head-shoppy AT ALL (I have gotten a head-shop vibe off quite a few BPALs). Just...not at all. It's welcoming and comforting. I like it...might buy it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/8/2009 5:46:00 PM More reviews by ianastar

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have an imp of Old Morrocco and Im not sure how much they differ.

This smells an awful like Dior's Poison to me. This is the second imp in a week that Ive tried that has reminded me of Poison -- I cant think of the other off the top of my head right now.

It spicy, but not in a cinnamon spicy way, more like a warm spicy floral note. My mother would love this as she can't live without her Poison. Reminds me of something very Gyspy like....another reason my mother would love it...shes very Bohemian

Probably just not for me though.