October 21, 2014 | 1732 users online

Bronzers - Bonne Bell - Sunblush Bronze in Golden Fresh

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2009 7:58:00 PM More reviews by pinkdiamonds29

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

When I was 12-13 years old, I thought wearing this bronzer made me seem older, wiser, and "chic". Oh, how naive I was. Don't get me wrong, this bronzer isn't that bad: wears for about 5 hours, provides a nice glow if applied correctly on the right skin tones, and comes with a lot of product. I just think it to be too shimmery, which brings me back to being "child-like", something you'd give to a little sister or niece. This colour only looks great on a marginal spectrum of skin tones, and the packaging is horrible. I rarely use it simply because the plastic bottle is so hard to squeeze, and when I do get some out it's way too much.
Recommend?: No
Buy again?: No
Price:? Purchased at Dollar Tree (a buck!)
Colour purchased?: Golden Fresh

rated 4 of 5 on 7/23/2008 12:17:00 AM More reviews by cherrybark

this is almost exactly the color of my skin so it blends in very well. i use it blended from the cheekbones, chin, brow bone, and a little on my nose and work it it in slightly to the rest of my face and i really like it because it gives me that dewy glow for nights out. i put a tiny bit of my rose blush on my cheeks afterwards to give me a slightly flushed look. but it's a great addition to any makeup bag. another thing is i don't wear foundation or concealer so i don't know how it blends with other makeup and also the small, clear .42 oz. tube is he one that is very easy to use and is not stiff at all. it's very sheer so if it looks like it matches your skin it probably won't be too noticeable as a bronzer but it will give you that nice hint of dewy shimmer which is always nice. I don't use this daily just special occasions...

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/17/2006 1:53:00 PM More reviews by lb2569

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Well, they must have changed the packaging by the time I bought my tube, because I have no trouble at all squeezing it, & it seems pretty soft to me. I actually like the small, convenient, little tube -- hygenic too. This makes a nice golden highlighter on my warm, pale, skin. I like it especially on top of my cheekbones & browbones over my bronzer. Gives just a bit of subtle golden shimmer that adds a little "golden fresh" glow to my face. Very nice!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2005 7:09:00 PM More reviews by Cosmeticqueen

Uh.. Not sure what I think about this stuff. I like the "idea" but not really the product itself. The packaging is straight impossible. Can't wait til I start running out and REALLY have to squeeze that concrete tube. My goodness, what were they thinking? "Hmm..maybe if we make this tube extremely thick and hard... It'll be easier for our customers to squeeze!" lol
The sheen it gives only lasts on me for about five minutes too. Unless I layer it like made. Which I do sometimes because the color is really pretty. <3

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/7/2004 8:26:00 PM More reviews by subdriverswife

Aside from the terribly stiff, hard to squeeze tube, this product couldn't be more perfect for me. I'm an uber pale, warm PPP w/ brown hair/eyes and this works wonderfully for me either mixed w/ liquid foundation for a glow or applied on my cheeks as a blush for a nice, natural, barely there glowy blush. Will keep repurchasing and hoping they change the packaging.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/22/2004 12:05:00 PM More reviews by madmargeS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

I won't buy this again unless they make serious changes to the package! The color is perfect, but the package is impossible! It's a squeeze tube with an applicator tip kinda like Sally Hansen's Lip Quencher. Anyway, the Bonne Bell SunBlush stuff comes in this rock hard plastic container that takes a lot of effort to squeeze. My hands hurt for two to three days after I got this stuff! (I already complained to BonneBell-I'm not the only one!)
Good product, bad packaging.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/20/2004 9:35:00 PM More reviews by DianaS

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Golden Fresh is basically the colour of my skin. In fact, it's the most Diana-toned liquid highlighter I've ever tried. If you've tried Becca Gold SSP but found it too dark or orange, this would work wonderfully for you.
The packaging is great in theory - a little squeeze tube with a round Colour-Juice-style tip. However, the tube is really hard to squeeze. It would be easier to control the amount dispensed if the tube had a little more give.
This product is more shimmery than I'd usually wear on my cheeks during the day, but it'll be a great cheek wash for evenings. I think I'll use it more often as a wash on my lids. continued >>

rated 1 of 5 on 4/16/2004 2:54:00 PM More reviews by kjbassick

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I could hardly get any out without leaning on it with my elbow...and it didn't look like anything on my face - no trace of anything...and I tried using more to see if I could see an effect...still nothing...took it back. Couldn't even justify the $3 to keep it.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/26/2004 9:48:00 AM More reviews by blissgirl

I have been a Gel Bronze fan for years - it's a staple for me. So I figured I would try this. The tube is so hard to squeeze - it's very weird packaging for this product. When blended properly, it looks like a nice highlighter. Very similar in effect to BeneFit's HollywoodGlo - but MUCH cheaper.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2004 6:06:00 PM More reviews by peppermintgirl

I wanted to get ready for spring and summer so I bought Bonnebell's new Sunblush Bronze. They have three shades. I chose the less orange of the 3. It was also the lightest it's called Golden Fresh.

I only gave it a try thinking maybe this is the latest technology in bronzers. YEAH RIGHT! You will look like you spray painted yourself with a can of gold spray paint.

I barely put a half dot on and ten billion tons of shimmer appears like someone came running and popped me in the face with a gold shimmer poof. Worst of all the shimmer seems to sit inside your pores just making them look bigger and more noticable.

Why is the bottle hard as a rock? You get an arm work-out trying to get a little dot out.
When you get a sun tan does the sun sprinkle shimmers on your face?

I guess i'll waste it on my legs or shoulders it may not be as dramtic there. Needless to say I still need a good bronzer. Oh yeah $3.17 plus tax. You may as well go buy a can of gold paint you get more for the money. continued >>