Clairol Beautiful Collection Semi-Permanent Hair Color

3.6

May Contain All or Some of the Following Ingredients: Water, Ethoxydiglycol, Aminomethyl Propanol, Triethylsilylamodimethicone, PEG-50 Tallow Amide, Hydroxyethylcellulose, Fragrance, Panthenol, Aloe Barbadensis Flower Extract, Tocopherol Acetate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Extract, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Glycerin, Isopropyl Alcohol, Carbomer, Citric Acid, Lauryl Glucoside, Erythorbic Acid, Propylene Glycol, Polysorbate 20

on 6/18/2015 4:54:00 PM

I really liked this product, the price isn't bad but I think it should be slightly cheaper. (I bought mine at Sally's). My hair was pretty damaged when I used this but surprisingly it was really moisturizing and seemed to improve the quality of my hair. The results came out nicely, it looks natural, and even colored. I left the dye on for 25 minutes without any issues with it dripping. Although your hair does need to be towel dried before putting this on your hair. If you don't then it's much more difficult to apply and you use way more of the product. I used the color rosewood brown.

on 4/26/2015 7:21:00 PM

I purchased the black Clairol Professional advanced gray solution, washed my hair as directed and used the entire bottle. After the allotted time adding 5 minutes rinsed my hair. My gray is now a light brown color. I would not recommend this at all to anyone!

on 12/10/2014 10:52:00 AM

This is a review for advanced grey solutions color lever 2 rich dark brown.

I wanted to grow out my box dyed hair color to a healthy hair without using peroxide colors anymore. I heard about discontinued Loving care and that lead me to this product. I bought it, despite of reading many bad reviews. My natural hair is sleek, golden dark blonde but I've always been a snow white dark haired girl. As the roots were growing, I was using toners to my roots but nothing would really make a difference.

My plan was to use it only to my roots. I thought that the result would probably look like there's a dark film on my roots.

I left the dye only to my roots for 30 min's I guess. No heat, no cap, just waiting. I never thought it would actually work. It actually worked just as good as a box dye would! It COVERED my blonde roots and they were dark again. The color did turn out black brown, but I didn't mind about that because it fades. It looked natural, I love that it's ashy shade but not too much! When I rinsed my hair, my ends would turn green but that's just the problem with my hair. It washed off later.

Even more surprising is that it lasted so long! I washed my hair almost everyday just to see how it works. I didn't have to dye my hair for a month. It faded only little by little. I used maybe half of the bottle, and the next times I used it, it wasn't working so well anymore. Now the color has faded, but it looks like my blonde roots have slightly stained, I need to wait for longer.

There should absolutely be more colors like this! I am going to try lighter colors that are not in the advanced grey solutions- group and review them later.

Why is it working? Is it just a regular box dye, that has been mixed with water or..?

on 10/13/2014 8:48:00 PM

I have henna on right now (the real, genuine good stuff) and am trying to once again nurse my oft-abused hair into health, but didn't want it red. My natural color is dark brown. So I've been using aveda black malva over it to tone it down which just doesn't want to take on my roots. They were glaringly burgundy with near-black hair. So in order to not do anything hasty and put real, permanent in the most permanent sense of the word indigo on top of my henna, (though that's the best richest shiniest black EVERRRR) I've tried this out in the midnight black shade. It's the one that's for resistant greys (since it's for my red resistant roots)- advanced grey solutions. Gotta say I'm impressed! I'm not about to touch peroxide to my head for a good long while and it was this or indigo, and I can't commit right now to that. It's so easy to just squirt in (wear gloves obviously), I capped my head for about 30 min (I think I wasn't really keeping close track as there's no damage to worry about), I never put Vaseline on skin while dyeing since if that touches 1 hair that hair isn't getting dyed and it came off my skin just fine, when i got in shower I made sure to use the hose down low upside down as not to splatter tar all over, rinsed and rinsed, lightly shampooed to eliminate any residue that would cause post-dye bleeding, deep conditioned, and alas! Roots WAY better covered than with the black malva. I wasn't expecting the level of coverage from that of an oxidative demi or indigo or anything; it's just much better and the red tinge is barely visible in bright sunlight only. Will probably have another go to my roots and sleep in it, since I have short hair currently and there's half the bottle left. Probably letting the residue sit in there without shampooing it out for a few days would've taken to my roots better, but it was supposed to rain the next day! I don't want people to think I sweat grey. Until I can redye I'm using ion's black root cover powder (which is so new it's not on here yet) or color wow root touch up in black (THAT stuff is the bomb). Why oh why use a demi or perm that uses damaging developer when you can just use something like this?! (Unless of course you have very resistant greys, at which point that type of dye may be necessary; however if you're open minded I urge you to give henna/indigo combos a go since they are GOOD for your hair ... Way more so than this stuff is!) Very comparable to the adore plus I've tried in the past. Good stuff and would recommend many times over in lieu of oxidative dye if it can work for you. Think of it as a natural-colored manic panic!

on 5/28/2013 1:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium Brown, Neutral

Hair: Black, Other, Coarse

I got one bottle of this to use as a rinse until I could apply demi permanent color to my thick dark brown shoulder length texlaxed hair.

I wanted to go JET BLACK and I got this in the color JET BLACK! I had texlaxed my hair 2 days prior to applying, and my hair is pretty porous. So I prepooed, shampooed, deep conditioned, then I applied this to my hair and left it on with heat for 30 mins & without heat for 5.

My color was SO RICH!! My hair was so soft. It looked amazing and I loved it! My hair did feel a little waxy, but it could've been my leave-in interfering with the dye. After about a week however; the dye faded without me even washing my hair or sweating it out...

So overall the color was very rich, but the lasting power was poor (like most rinses)

I got this product to test out a color on my hair. I have long, thin, very very fine brown hair. I used the Advanced Gray Solution formula in Mahogany Red Brown even though I don't have gray to cover. I loved it. It did not leave any waxy residue on my hair, or did it dry it out, or leave it corse. It comes out shiny, smelling good, very soft, and perfect. I leave it on for 45mins - 1 hour. I rub it into my scalp and then put it up in a cap. I wash my hair daily so this only lasts about a week for me, but my hair looks amazing the entire time.

on 10/12/2012 2:53:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

This product is a true semi-permanent, non damaging color that washes out and could in no way wreck your hair. That I think is fantastic. Although, for me it didn't really work to deposit the color (prob due to my hair.)

My hair is highlighted and this colored it about as much as a toner would. It made the blond pieces I tried to darken with the light ash brown just a warmer shade of blonde--I might try using this after a clarifying shampoo next time, or leave it on longer and see if I get more color deposit. My hair was a nice texture afterwards, and I bet it would be great for other hair types (black/brown/red/light brown, graying hair.) it's very subtle on hair that's been lightened blonde.

on 9/15/2012 10:47:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

I had been using several different box semi-perm colors and they all dried hair out and were too red. I bought a bottle of this at Sally Beauty Supply. It blends my grays nicely and medium warm brown looks very natural on me. My own natural golden highlights show through.

The Clairol web site says it only last for approximately12 shampoos. I can shampoo once a week and use dry shampoo between. (It makes the color last longer.) My hair stylist commented that my hair was soft and nicely colored! I just bought 6 bottles on sale at Sally. Should last me about 6 months or more. It's very easy to apply and one bottle covers my thick, shoulder length hair.

Skin: Very Oily, Deep Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

I used this faithfully in jet black to cover my grays. It covers very well but it only lasts a week! No exaggeration here. I even leave it on longer than the instructions tell you and it still doesn't last but I'm stuck with it because I am allergic to permanent dyes and this one is so gentle.

Every now and then I try one of the reddish shades and it takes well on my dark hair which was suprising to me.

on 8/10/2012 7:28:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Medium

My mother bought this for my daughter who wanted to change her hair color but didn't want it to be permanent. My daughter's hair is light brown & had never been colored before. They got the jet black color which should have had no problem with coverage. Her hair is shoulder length. She followed all the directions & after processing, it was barely dark brown. Since she had another package, she wet her hair down & tried it again & still ended up with brown hair--definitely not anywhere near jet black. The color did not even last a week & all that week it was actively coming out of her hair--staining the towels after her shower. This was really the most awful stuff I have ever seen. After this experience, I took her & bought her the Ion Color Brilliance Demi Permanent in blue black & it worked great.