Mary Kay Oil Mattifier

3.8

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

This did absolutely nothing for my oily skin.
It did not help with anything, it felt somewhat heavy on the skin. My makeup did not wear well on top and I was very shiny. I also broke out when using this

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I recently got into Mary Kay facial products, so I really wanted this to work for me. I have oily skin that is a total oil slick two hours after I get to work in the morning. But...it did absolutely nothing. My face was just as oily as it would have been had I not put this on. And I already use a mattifying foundation and cleanser/moisterizer for oily skin as well. Won't buy again.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

I tend to get really oily in my t-zone so I have to blot through out the day. I heard this brand was really good so I went online. I wanted a primer that would control oil. So I thought this product was perfect. I was completely wrong. It broke me out, it does not control oil, or make foundation last. Did not work for me it was just a waste of $15.

Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

This product did absolutely nothing. Two hours after I applied this I was as oily as ever. I used it under my foundation to make it last longer but it did not help one bit. I have oily skin and I thought this would work wonders but it does not. If you have oily skin don't bother with this look elsewhere.

I purchased this product in early 2013. I've probably been using it for about 6 or 7 months now. I absolutely love this product. I use this after I apply my primer, but before the application of my foundation and it lasts for about 6 to 8 hours. When you use the oil mattifier you don't need a lot, just a small amount on the areas of the face that you want to keep shine free.

Skin: Combination, Other, Cool

Hair: Black, Curly, Other

I pulled this out of my stash. I have been struggling with an oily nose and nothing worked. I put this on and my nose stayed dry until I removed my makeup over 12 hours later. I will purchase another tube.

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

I know this product works well for some people, but for me (very oily skin), it did very little if anything. In fact seemed to irritate my skin some, as I have super sensitive skin. Most likely this product works best for people with very specific spots on their face that can get oily, but overall do not have super oily skin all over the face.

My MK rep is not pushy at all but if I mention any skin issues - there is always a product that offers a solution. And she is always right!!! Greasy skin? Shiny face by the end of the day? This Oil Mattifier is the solution. I love it. It really works.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

First, it seems as if my makeup gets a bit powdery looking when putting this on so I only use a little bit. Almost like I've put too much on. When I first put it on, it works, but around 2-3 hours later I am oily again and am having to blot. I'm not too oily, so I can tell it still has some sort of effect but still. Not even near 8 hours. When you first put it over your oily foundation, it becomes matte almost instantly so that is a plus. I just wish the bottle were a bit bigger. Since I tend to get oily very easily, I can use a small bottle like this up in a month or 2. I don't think I would buy it again and would rather buy another brand, but if you need something cheap (try buying it off eBay) that works for up to a couple of hours, then this is something you should try.

EDIT:// If you use this with a good oil control makeup, it DOES work. I really like this product now. I've changed my rating to a 4. Before I was using this with MK Full Coverage makeup and you would think it would work, however, after using it with Revlon Colorstay is works even better than using similar brands together. I still have to reapply a couple of times a day (around 3) but it's better than having a water slicked face. It does make my face a bit dry, but I think that has to do with the foundation brand I use. If you use one that doesn't go on like paint, it actually blends in very well and just makes your face look a bit matte, which I like.

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

After reading the glowing reviews for this product, I was super excited to buy it and try it out! Sadly, this product didn't reach my expectations for two main reasons: a) it didn't control my oil that well, and definitely nowhere near the "at least 8 hours" the product claims (I was shiny no more than 1-2 hours after applying this & my makeup) and b) it made my foundation (Diorskin Nude) look cakey when I would apply it over the mattifier. I'm assuming the ingredients in the mattifier do not play well with my foundation, so I'd end up w/my makeup looking more obvious than I'd like. However, everyone's skin is different, so I would still recommend trying it as there a plenty of other people here who've had good results with it.

Popular Primer/ Correctors