August 29, 2014 | 920 users online

Primer/ Corrector - Mary Kay - Oil Mattifier

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2013 3:59:00 PM More reviews by DMlover

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

This product did absolutely nothing. Two hours after I applied this I was as oily as ever. I used it under my foundation to make it last longer but it did not help one bit. I have oily skin and I thought this would work wonders but it does not. If you have oily skin don't bother with this look elsewhere.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/8/2013 3:32:00 PM More reviews by MartinaBee

I purchased this product in early 2013. I've probably been using it for about 6 or 7 months now. I absolutely love this product. I use this after I apply my primer, but before the application of my foundation and it lasts for about 6 to 8 hours. When you use the oil mattifier you don't need a lot, just a small amount on the areas of the face that you want to keep shine free.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/10/2013 9:01:00 AM More reviews by seroled

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Other, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I pulled this out of my stash. I have been struggling with an oily nose and nothing worked. I put this on and my nose stayed dry until I removed my makeup over 12 hours later. I will purchase another tube.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/1/2012 12:25:00 AM More reviews by indemake

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I know this product works well for some people, but for me (very oily skin), it did very little if anything. In fact seemed to irritate my skin some, as I have super sensitive skin. Most likely this product works best for people with very specific spots on their face that can get oily, but overall do not have super oily skin all over the face.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/2/2011 9:40:00 PM More reviews by Lgrieco

My MK rep is not pushy at all but if I mention any skin issues - there is always a product that offers a solution. And she is always right!!! Greasy skin? Shiny face by the end of the day? This Oil Mattifier is the solution. I love it. It really works.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/18/2011 3:50:00 PM More reviews by xSaLYU

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Green

First, it seems as if my makeup gets a bit powdery looking when putting this on so I only use a little bit. Almost like I've put too much on. When I first put it on, it works, but around 2-3 hours later I am oily again and am having to blot. I'm not too oily, so I can tell it still has some sort of effect but still. Not even near 8 hours. When you first put it over your oily foundation, it becomes matte almost instantly so that is a plus. I just wish the bottle were a bit bigger. Since I tend to get oily very easily, I can use a small bottle like this up in a month or 2. I don't think I would buy it again and would rather buy another brand, but if you need something cheap (try buying it off eBay) that works for up to a couple of hours, then this is something you should try.

EDIT:// If you use this with a good oil control makeup, it DOES work. I really like this product now. I've changed my rating to a 4. Before I was using this with MK Full Coverage makeup and you would think it would work, however, after using it with Revlon Colorstay is works even better than using similar brands together. I still have to reapply a couple of times a day (around 3) but it's better than having a water slicked face. It does make my face a bit dry, but I think that has to do with the foundation brand I use. If you use one that doesn't go on like paint, it actually blends in very well and just makes your face look a bit matte, which I like.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/8/2010 2:59:00 PM More reviews by c2yoshi

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

After reading the glowing reviews for this product, I was super excited to buy it and try it out! Sadly, this product didn't reach my expectations for two main reasons: a) it didn't control my oil that well, and definitely nowhere near the "at least 8 hours" the product claims (I was shiny no more than 1-2 hours after applying this & my makeup) and b) it made my foundation (Diorskin Nude) look cakey when I would apply it over the mattifier. I'm assuming the ingredients in the mattifier do not play well with my foundation, so I'd end up w/my makeup looking more obvious than I'd like. However, everyone's skin is different, so I would still recommend trying it as there a plenty of other people here who've had good results with it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/15/2010 12:54:00 PM More reviews by sherryrenee0423

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

Love this product! I was having a huge problem with shine when I apply my cetaphil spf 50 moisturizer or my shiseido spf 36 lotion. I would put my alima mmu over the sunscreen and by the time I was done, my brush was clumpy and needed to be washed. This helps SO much. I put this on after my sunscreen/moisturizer and it makes my face look matte and ready for the mmu application. It also helps with oilys throughout the day. By the end of the day when I use this I look like I have a little glow instead of shine and oil city when I forget this product. Will definitely repurchase! I wish more people knew about this product.

EDIT: I had to stop using this product because the silicones clog my pores. I am so sad!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/8/2010 3:44:00 PM More reviews by iheartMUA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

I cannot speak enough good things about this product. I cannot wear a lot of MK cleansers and face care items because it breaks me out, so I didn't have a lot of faith in this product. As a matter of fact I put this in a box after I realized I couldn't wear the skin care line and just happened to find it a few weeks ago. I am trying to use up ALL of my makeup/skincare stuff that I can instead of buying new since I have so much...

So I put this product on after washing my face in the morning. I don't moisturize in the morning be/c I am so oily. I put this on just like it says, sparingly, pretty much all over my face, and then proceed with my foundation and I LOVE this stuff. I do not have to blot AT ALL during the day (in contrast to having to blot three to four times daily before this product) I could not believe it really...and am SOOO impressed.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/19/2010 7:56:00 PM More reviews by Naturalchick27

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is the only product to keep my skin looking presentable during the day. Nothing else works. I have tried high and low end products and still end up looking greasy after 4 hours. This stuff works so well. After a few hours, my forehead does get a little shiny but after touching up with pressed powder or a blotting paper, I'm fine for the rest of the day. Highly recommend this product for combo/oily skin girls.