Avon Rare Sapphires

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/26/2005 2:05:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

I love this fragrance. It reminds me of being in a beautiful garden in the woods on a sunny day surrounded by citrus and fig trees, with gardenias blooming and wafting. The top has some citrus but it is not strong or sharp. I detect fig and gardenia in the middle and cedar, a bit of amber at the base. It's somewhat similar to Versace's Crystal Noir, but it's fresher and lighter. It does not have a typical Avon smell at all, like Sweet Honesty or Soft Musk, for example. I would have no idea it was an Avon Fragrance from just wearing it. The cedar at the base is fresh and green, which blends well with the fig and gardenia notes. The amber is subtle but there. Very well crafted!

I first tried this from a sample vial when I was on a weekend vacation in the mountains, and it just really goes with an outdoor environment, with fresh air trees, and sunshine. It is such a shame Avon D/C this, but they D/C most things I love, so I'm not surprised. Still available online.

on 2/22/2004 7:44:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

The best of Avon's "Rare" perfumes. The main notes are an unusual but glorious combination of cedar and gardenia. The cedar tempers the richness of the gardenia, and the gardenia (and supporting florals) cuts the sharpness of the cedar and prevents it from smelling hamster-cage-y. Dries down to a sensual ambery musk but not the cheap-smelling "Avonnade" that usually anchors their fragrances. I really liked this one a lot. Shame it's gone, because I really used to get a lot of compliments on it.

Excellent perfume. Beautiful bottle. It is a spicy, grapefruit with mixture of exotic powder upon drydown. Cheap price. I am sad it was discontinued. Course Avon discontinues all the good products.

Popular Fragrances