April 16, 2014 | 1398 users online

Fragrances - Comme des Garcons - Leaves Series Lily

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2013 8:58:00 PM More reviews by JaneWayne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have always loved Lily of the Valley, the actual flower. I have never been one to find that 1) worked with my chemistry, 2) Actually smelled like Lily of the Valley (henceforth LoV, I am lazy). This doesn't smell like cat box on me and it is pretty darn close to the flower. One thing I like is that it is not loud. A few LoL fragrances gave me a dragon tail of L'eau de Motel 6 soap.I have been using this sample for a couple of weeks,am wondering if it is this light and lovely in the spray version.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/3/2011 12:55:00 PM More reviews by alba75

This perfume is like watercolours: wispy, limpid and airy. In the beginning it bursts with floral green and then quietly dries down to simple lily-of-valley. The perfume is not cloying.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 6/14/2010 7:43:00 PM More reviews by hera54

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was on a quest in finding the perfect lily of the valley scent. I didn't want anything powdery, sugary, nothing with gardenias or tuberose. I wanted a green/ herbacerous, citrusy, lily of the valley very much like the discontinued Lily Dior.

From luckyscent the description sounded like something that I was looking for "Lily of the valley takes a trip to the land of green (and likes it!). An absolutely gorgeous combination of the much-loved lily and freesia flowers, together with the extremely smooth notes of green syringe (lilac leaves) and dog rose buds"

It's a good thing I sampled it cause I was close to purchasing this perfume based on its description. To me this doesn't smell remotely close to Lily of the Valley. It's too sweet to be a true lily of the valley, the freesia's sweetness is very pronounced but finishes with a raw, non lily green note.

This fragrance might be for you if you are trying to find a different interpretation of a lily fragrance but not if you're on a hunt for that just picked lily of the valley scent.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/25/2010 12:22:00 AM More reviews by foe

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Would I buy this again: yes...if only CdG hadn't discontinued it (at least from what I hear)! And I initially had a love-hate relationship with Lily. The very first time I tried it, all I got was this overpowering acetone note...literally nailpolish remover. When she saw my gagging reaction, the SA was all, "Um, I don't think it's supposed to smell like that." Hahaha. But I kept at it and that ultra green acetone note (that some people apparently love) turned into a beautiful lily fragrance, maybe one of the best up there with DK Gold, FM Lys Mediterranee and SL Un Lys. Along those lines, I'd compare CdG Lily with the SL -- and I actually think it's better for, like, half the price (then again, the SL is actually in production, so...). I love to douse my clothes in this fragrance and I can't stop sniffing my shirt when I do. Dabbing it (instead of spraying) is a horse of another color: I get much more lily of the valley. I actually like both applications but prefer spraying. In short, if you're a fan of lily and can get your hands on some of this stuff, go for it. If not, still get it and then contact me and I'll take it off your hands...:)
EDIT: Okay, so CdG apparently brought this fragrance back. Yeah! But in the meantime, I finally tried on this sample I received months ago: Exceptional Because You Are (by, I'm assuming, Exceptional). And it it SO reminiscent of Lily...sweeter and without the sharp green topnotes, it's actually kinda nice! I have no idea about the price but I imagine it's cheaper than Lily, too. So if you were looking for a great LOTV but were disappointed by Lily, do check this one out! I might be looking more into it myself...

rated 5 of 5 on 4/12/2010 3:32:00 AM More reviews by supermarky

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I was tipped off to this scent at just the point that there was only 2 bottles left in the universe for purchase, as far as I can tell (and I looked all over!) glad I nabbed one of them.

Simple lily and yeah, the longevity is not superb. It doesn't fade to "oblivion" but becomes a delicate skin scent. I'll have my love affair with it this week, reapplying copiously, then I'll have to archive it. But that's what I always do!

(Update: I found another one on ebay, so can live a bit more lily livered a life for awhile longer)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/21/2008 10:46:00 AM More reviews by iodine

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

RIS and was preparing to place on my wishlist because I loved the clean floral on me. By the time I ck's product reviews, it was GONE!
Too bad, it would have been lovely if it had lasted longer than a couple of minutes.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/23/2008 9:04:00 AM More reviews by sherrie09

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is a lovely lily of the valley fragrance, one of the nicest I've ever tried. It has a freshness and greenness and an uplifting quality that improves my mood. I know it seems light and summery, but I enjoy lily of the valley most in cooler weather - it lingers longer. Notes from Luckyscent: lily of the valley, freesia, green syringa, dog rose buds.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/16/2008 8:47:00 PM More reviews by Quarry

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

After nearly four years of sampling (over 700 fragrances), this may be as close to a Holy Grail as I've gotten, and it kills me to read it's going to be discontinued. Freesia. Lemon. Lily of the valley. I would never have guessed this combination would ever work on my skin and fill me with delight.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/5/2005 11:02:00 PM More reviews by BasiaS

To my nose this is almost 100% lily of the valley, potent at first but quickly fading into oblivion. I love smelling the actual flower as it brings to mind the memories of my grandmother's farm where I used to spend countless summers. Besides that, the fragrance has very little appeal for me. Not terrible, but not exactly an interesting addition to the otherwise-impressive CdG family of fragrances.

rated 2 of 5 on 8/21/2005 4:32:00 PM More reviews by mzplacedinphilly

Wayyyyy to overpowering for my taste. Felt like I was drowning in lilies. Also left a synthetic taste in my mouth which is typically reserved for aquatic fragrances. I could see why this would appeal to some, just did nothing for me personally. A tad too harsh.