Maybelline Colorama - Pink Cadillac

Price: $

Price: $

on 7/15/2008 9:00:00 PM

This is one of my first nail polish purchases and so I can't compare it to the more popular brands like OPI, China Glaze, Essie etc.

This is a really light pink colour. Good if you work in a conservative enviornment. With one coat, you can only see a sheer pink tint. With two coats, it's more of an opaque colour. But bear in mind that you can still see the white ends of your nails under the two coats. So I would not recommend this if you are use to something more noticeable because this is definitely not noticeable unless you put your hand in front of someone's face. But I still like it because it makes my nails look nice and clean and gives it that little bit of colour. In terms of wear, I have had it on for about 3 days now and still no chips. Even if there were chips, it won't be too noticable because of the light colour. I find that there are no streaking as long as you apply thin coats.

It's a small bottle but I don't think I'll be purchasing it again because I don't think I can use it all and I would like to try other colours from other brands.

on 9/2/2004 2:47:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium

This particular shade in the Colorama line is a very sheer, slightly shimmery pale pink. I'm not a fan of very sheer colours, and after applying seven (yes, seven) coats, I can still see right through the polish. That said, it doesn't look too bad (just not my particular style), and the polish still hasn't chipped after five days, so I would definitely recommend this if you like sheer pinks with a touch of shimmer.

on 5/1/2004 5:17:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love the color, a moderately sheer, shimmery pink shade. Application was non-streaky for a sheer polish, and it has lasted three days with no chipping. This makes me want to get more of these cute polishes. They were dirty cheap, so I can get tons of colors!

on 2/20/2004 5:01:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

SUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuper sheer light pink. Basically looks like some kind of frost on the nail. It's not sheer enough to really be a sheer and not thick enough to really look like a color. It's like watery in application or something..doesn't apply evenly. I don't like this one. It's not for me.