October 23, 2014 | 1107 users online

Polishes - MAC - Wizard

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2013 10:44:00 PM More reviews by EUSHANNASIA

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

One of the coolest layering polishes I've ever used. It's a complex color--in the bottle, it looks like sort of a weird, sallow beigey color with a bright purple shimmer. The purple shimmer is the best part of this polish. It's a bright pinkish purple that reminds me of the reflection of pink neon lights on a rainy street. This polish makes me think of city nightlife. Going out, dancing, being wild. It has that nostalgic factor for me. You can use Wizard on its own, but it's quite sheer and MUCH more fun to layer it over other colors anyway. I think that's really what it's meant for. You won't get full opacity even if you use 4 coats. I really love the way the purple shimmer transforms creme polishes. I just tried layering it over a warm medium green creme (Zoya Shawn) just for kicks and the result was super cool, kind of a muted green with a prominent pink flash. I haven't tried it myself yet, but I imagine it would look really HOT over black. There are lots of sheer, pale French colors with pink shimmer/duochrome available... but I think the purple leaning in this one's flash makes it singular. If you happen to come across it (it's pretty rare now) get it.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/30/2004 3:46:00 PM More reviews by KateTheKitten

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A very very sheer pinkish color -- you have to use several coats for it to really show. Subtle, but pretty, but not too different from many other sheers available.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2004 3:04:00 AM More reviews by meToo

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Mac nail polish is the best and the new lacquer formula is even better than that! Cute bottle, too. Wizard is a sheer....well, really, the only way I can describe it is when you look at your nails, all you see is a hint of orchid colored irridescence. A sheen of pinky purple when the light hits it just right. This will be a fun top coat, or even by itself. (Wish I'd waited on that EL $18 Orchid polish from last year. Darn)I mostly wear sheer polishes because I need to have my nail beds visible due to medical reasons. But who wants boring when you could have a sheer with interest kind of look? continued >>