September 23, 2014 | 2006 users online

Lip Liners - MAC - Whirl

rated 4 of 5 on 9/21/2014 5:47:00 AM More reviews by Naeou

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Brown

Gorgeous!!! I wanted the Kylie Jenner pout so I went into MAC just to try it out, but after I tried it on I was sold! I'm a thrifty shopper so usually I would hunt down a cheaper dupe but I became so obsessed with it I had to get it right then and there, haven't left the house without wearing it!! It really does help make lips more pouty. I think this color looks better on people with yellow/warm undertones, since that adds warmth to the color, if your skin has a pink/cool undertones then this will drain the color from your face and make you look dead.
I'd have to compare it to a dupe before I decide whether its worth repurchasing... my wallet says ouch.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2014 9:09:00 PM More reviews by valmont32677

Classy & versatile! This goes great w MAC Velvet Teddy lipstick. The reported l/l that Kylie Jenner uses was the reason I heard about it (but not primary reason for buying it although it gives it more notoriety), but I am a little late if I am going to jump onto the Kylie Jenner lip bandwagon, but this is a beautiful nude, less rust than Spice, darker than STRIPDOWN, & more rose than Boldly Bare (on me). Those are my 4 fave lipliners & they all happen to be MAC even though I prefer auto pencils for being out and about, those 4 colors are all so beautiful esp Whirl, & they are about as high priced as I will spend on a lipliner. The good thing about wooden pencils is that you can sharpen them to a really fine point, but when I sharpen my beloved Whirl I feel like I am throwing little bits of shavings made out of pennies, dimes, & nickels straight into the garbage can :/

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/1/2014 6:54:00 PM More reviews by payjark

I bought this because it's the "Kylie Jenner lip liner" and I have very similar coloring as her, so narurally I thought this would look nice on me. My thoughts wete correct because this kind of brightens up my whole face while still looking natural. I can't wait to pair this with a lot of the nudes I have that previously washed me out. I think layering them over this liner will make them fit my face more. I think I will be looking for a dupe of this next time though, as I don't really find any need to spend this much on a lip liner.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/17/2014 1:41:00 AM More reviews by antolin1

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I kinda really regret purchasing this liner. First of all, its a nude-ish shade in which I could get a comparable product/color from a lot of lower end brands. Secondly, it leans slightly grayish on me for some reason? Last but not least: I forgot how much I loathe MAC liners in that they are really hard in comparison to say Milani, NYX, and other more affordable "creamy" formulas.

I think this would be a lovely color for someone with pale (and paler) skin than mine. For me, it just doesn't work.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/13/2014 9:31:00 AM More reviews by stimwink1

MAC calls this a "dirty rose" This has more of a tawny hue on me just bordering on rusty. My lips are naturally on the mauve tone. I've used this on it's own and also with the Moody blooms sheen supreme lippy Moody bloom and it is a perfect match. It does not come out nude on me as others have done which is fine I have lippys that will work with it as well as a great way to use it on it's own. I've not found a NYX pencil that can dupe this one so it will be a definite repurchase for me. Oh and you may have a time trying to find this one in stores it is rumored to be the pencil that Kylie Jenner uses.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/3/2014 6:31:00 AM More reviews by MadameButterfly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

A great basic nude lip liner that goes well with all lip colors. I keep multiples of these in my car, makeup bag and at home.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/24/2013 3:43:00 AM More reviews by michkal

I have a ton of makeup, but this liner is a staple that I always wind up coming back to. This pretty much matches my natural lip color, perhaps a bit deeper. Im an NC25 with mauvey pigmented lips for reference. It's great to give depth to paler nude lip color or to match with a mlbb shade. I would definitely recommend this to people with pigmented lips looking for a natural liner. I apply it lightly and blend. It also looks great all over the lip with some gloss on top. I like the texture of MAC lip liners - they are smooth and apply evenly. I also like how they are a standard pencil. I prefer this to the automatic twist-up pencils that always seem thick and dry.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2012 10:23:00 PM More reviews by ayalalaya

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is the first and only lip liner that I own. I absolutely love it. It is close to my natural lip color and extremely versatile. I bought it to make nude lipsticks work on me because I have never been able to get them to look right on me since my lips are really pigmented. I can finally make Mac Hue lipstick work for me! At first, I was debating between Whirl and Stripdown and went with this one. I love it. Will repurchase when I run out even though it feels dry when applying.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2012 6:10:00 PM More reviews by DPD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

i swatched this side by side with Spice. this is slightly darker and more plummy makeing spice look a bit more corally. I like whirl as my lios are fairly pigmented and this matched my lip colour but since I find my lips are too pigmented (which is why i never wear ultra sheer or clear lipglosses) I prefer Spice on most days compared to this.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2012 7:52:00 PM More reviews by nicolegryne

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

Yes! Yes! Yes! I finally found MLBB lipliner. This is perfect for everyday. When I just need a lipliner and clear gloss. I love this pencil. I would say more, but its perfect. It matches my lip color exactly, which is what I've been looking for.