MAC Whirl

4.5

on 9/1/2015 5:45:00 AM

yeah i did the Kylie Jen thing :) ... i got into the hype.. the color is darker than my lips... almost like a smoker`s lip. I don't like it. But paired with Maybelline`s Warm Me Up (I`m told its a dupe for Mac`s Brave), IT IS NICE!!! It goes well when you line ur eyes and bottom eye rims with liner. For extra ommphhh I lined my bottom rim with Maybelline`s lazer green liquid liner ... now thats seductive gals!!! try it!

I would'nt re-purchase but when it comes to cosmetics, i try to KUWTK... their makeup is good!!!!...lol!!

on 7/28/2015 8:08:00 AM

colour is gorgeous especially for night time look.
it glides on so easily and gives a nice matte touch to the lips.
love it. recommend it. rebuy it.

on 7/24/2015 3:34:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Neutral

Like the color but have found dupes at the drugstore that work just as well.

on 7/23/2015 6:06:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is my holy grail lip liner. It's so beautiful and I feel like it makes my lips look great. I would repurchase again and again. I even bought the lipstick after loving the lip liner so much. Whirl might be my absolute favorite MAC lip shade.

on 6/29/2015 11:30:00 PM

This is in regards of the new lipstick in Whirl. It is amazing its what I expected Velvet Teddy to look like, colorwise, but they're both so amazing!

on 6/8/2015 4:16:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Good lip liner.. a bit darker than my lips and defines well. Looks good with velvet teddy and my peachy pink lipsticks.

on 5/25/2015 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Love this! Finally something that stays on very long. Perfect Kylie Jenner lip!

on 5/22/2015 7:46:00 AM

I love this liner so much. It's my everyday lip color. I usually use it by itself on top of chap stick and blend. It's very natural looking and also looks great paired with any nude or pink toned lip stick. It reminds me of the 90s which is my favorite time period. I love the way this looks when I wear it with Tarte Exposed blush. It's an all over, nude matte look. I heard that MAC is releasing a matte lip stick version of Whirl on May 28 (2015). I'm not the biggest lip stick wearer but I will probably try to grab one if they don't sell out, just because I love this color. Definitely recommend this for warm toned skin.

on 5/17/2015 2:34:00 AM

For a second go to of mine for a good lip liner i would deff recommend this shade whirl from MAC to anyone who wants to do that natural plum brown color or fill in the whole lip for a more fuller look to the lips. I use it too fill in my whole lip kindve like the Kylie Jenner look.She stated she has used this particular shade from mac in this lip pencil before.Its deff a good one for sure!!MAC can be a little more then i like to spend but besides that its a great liner:))Go try!!

on 5/9/2015 10:59:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Could this be the perfect universal lip liner??!! Gorgeous nude with a toss of mauve and rose, like everyone else I saw this referenced to Kylie Jenners lips and wasn't convinced until I saw it on a few YouTube videos being used by girls of all different complexions, including fair blondes like myself.

Not going to lie, I was a bit horrified at first. It looks way darker than I imagined in person, and I was so excited to get it I put it straight on my bare lips. Meshed with my natural lip color whirl looked super dark on me, I wasn't sure I would be able to use it. However, with proper lip prepping with a concealer, primer, and a VERY light hand, this lip liner is bliss. It is really stunning, a very romantic dusty rose color.

I wear this with several lipsticks but my favorite combo is with NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in 'Cannes'. This is *the* Kylie Jenner look for me, I personally found MAC Honey Love (the rumored lip color Kylie uses over Whirl) made me look dead and washed out. I lightly pat on Cannes with my fingertips and my lips look lush and romantic without being obvious or attention seeking.

I also like to use this color in adjunct to some of my other lighter nudes and pinky colors- when I give a good pass or two on the middle 3rd of my bottom lip it gives a subtle dimension that really makes your pout pop.

The packing is basic, the cap fits securely. The pencil is quite long, a quality MAC product. The pencil is generous with pigment (again, use a light hand and layer slowly for best results) and is easy to sharpen, I have not had any breaks or bubbles in the product so far. A little bit goes a long way, and despite the $20 price tag, I think this liner will last me a long time. I will buy again but also experiment with some dupes!

Top Rated MAC Products