October 25, 2014 | 1683 users online

Skincare - Body - Avon - Skin So Soft Hair Removal System

rated 5 of 5 on 7/24/2005 4:33:00 AM More reviews by sycandles

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this product! I DO NOT understand everyones negative reviews on it! I used it tonight for the first time and this stuff ROCKS!!! I usually have to go and have my eyebrows waxed once or twice a month, and I get soooo sick of going. Plus $10 for 2 minutes of them pulling strips off your face is ridiculous! Not to mention having to drive there all the time, AND making appointments just to get a quick eyebrow wax gets REALLY old after a while. Plus the pain! For some reason, it hurts MUCH worse (for me) to have them done at a salon, rather than doing them at home myself. I don't know if they are using a TOTALLY different wax or what...but OUCH!! I have tried previous in-home wax kits and although none of them really "hurt" when I used them, they were all horrible, gave me rashes, and were so hard to use. Not to mention EXPENSIVE! Avon's Skin So Soft Hair Removal System was everything OPPOSITE of that! It was great, didn't give me ANY bumbs or rashes, had a GREAT price tag, and was as easy as pie to use! 1, 2, 3 and I was done...in a flash! The process of taking everything out of the box, to heating and stirring the wax, to cutting the strips, and applying it to my brows and pulling it off took LESS than 5 minutes! I didn't make a single mistake and they look BETTER than they ever did when I had them done in a salon! Not to mention that clean up's a BREEZE! Don't make a mess and be messy and you won't have a mess to clean up! ;) Easy, Quick, Simple, Fun, and at a great price! You can't beat it!! I highly recommend this product and will DEFINITELY be repurchasing! I will actually repurchase this product until Avon quits making it (which I hope like heck is never!) FIVE STARS....A+!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/23/2004 10:33:00 PM More reviews by kiely98

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I have this set, and have tried it twice. I'm not good at handling wax, and this was extremely messy. Within minutes I had wax all over the bathroom, and it took an hour to clean it all up. I think that I left it on too long, because it literally tore the skin off my face when I used it on my upper lip. OUCH, won't try that again.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/9/2004 1:56:00 AM More reviews by shahirahm

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

hated hated hated. the product did its job, but it also burned me. i have a dark scar on my upper lip from this stuff, though i followed the heating directions exactly.

also, the wax got everywhere and would not come off my skin, the shower fixtures, floor, table, etc. had to use the tiny bottle of oil provided to remove it and, when that ran out, baby oil.

DON'T BUY!!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/19/2004 7:34:00 PM More reviews by Ambam032

This is a waxing system that comes with a microwavable wax, wax strips, applicators, and a soothing oil. The wax comes in a tub and it heated to a honey-like consistancy. The first time I used it, it worked great. The second time, the wax had a harder time setting up. The third time, the wax would not set up at all! I ended up having to switch between the soothing oil and soap to clean the wax off my leg.