November 20, 2014 | 1718 users online

Lip Liners - Cover Girl - CG Smoothers lipliner

rated 2 of 5 on 3/26/2013 1:28:00 AM More reviews by usafbrat92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Dark, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Other Eyes: Brown

Eh..i bought seduction and smoky. this lipliner was my first. when i applied i saw minimal color intensity. definitely not a smooth application. i guess i didn't think much of that. i didn't know any better until i tried a MAC lipliner and realized that lipliners are supposed to be smooth and be able to blend. these lipliners were just caca really. maybe the two i bought were old? or too much wax? whatever the case, this lipliner did nothing for me. =/

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2012 9:47:00 PM More reviews by lepoe

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm not going to rave and rave about this product, but I can say that this is the best lipliner for the money. I have it in nude, pink, burgundy, and rose (forgive me for not knowing the exact names) and I find that all the colors are well pigmented, they stay put (when I prep and prime my lips), and they don't dry my lips out. I can do everything from blend them inward and fill in with lipstick, put colored gloss on top of them, or even put clear gloss on. They really do work. Are the the super best out there? No, but they are the good ol' go to. Kind of like the Little Engine that Could.

rated 3 of 5 on 5/23/2007 7:08:00 PM More reviews by ascorbic

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

i really hoped this one in Chocolate would work, since CG stopped making my old Smoothers liner (in Dark Chocolate). this is just a medium-ish brown, kind of like a coffee. it glides on and the color actually is a nice change from my old one. it lasts a looong time, whereas my old Smoothers would rub off at the slightest thing. the only downside to this liner is that i get allergic symptoms on the edge of my lips from it. so i can't use it anymore. however, i had this condition long before i tried this liner. i just wish they still made my old Smoothers one.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/7/2007 6:33:00 PM More reviews by ANGELAMORGAN

I just picked up "PIXIE" on a whim, it's a baby-cotton-candy color that would be ridiculous anywhere BUT a rave/club scene (which is where i plan to wear it, covered with sugar-sugar in baby pink) and while THIS color is strange, the others are SUPER. As for the product consistency and quality, it delivers for the price.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/22/2006 8:59:00 PM More reviews by aquaopal

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Kinky, Other Eyes: Black

I got this in the color 655 Spices. I wear it as lipstick. Top it with some gloss, it looks very natural. Very cute. Goes on very smooth, my only gripe is that its very hard to sharpen with my pencil sharpener. Its very weird. Again it was on sale for 99 cents at Albertsons, can't beat that with a stick.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/6/2006 9:17:00 AM More reviews by unseelie_fae

I have this in Burgundy velvet. The product itself is quite good: good, smooth color, staying power. However the packaging is so bad that I won't buy again. Whatever they make the pencil part out of...this blue plasticky stuff is infused into the wood or something... is impossible to sharpen. I actually have to take a pocket knife and skim the blue coating off before I can sharpen the pencil in my sharpener. Otherwise it just turns around and around and does nothing. Very annoying.

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2006 3:01:00 PM More reviews by chanelnbebe

I got this in "rosegold glow"..Pretty peach/pink frosty color. That's about the only positive thing I can say about this. Has no staying power, barely enough pigment to show up on my lips and the tips breaks easy when applying-complete waste of $$-will def. not be buying again.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2005 7:38:00 PM More reviews by DramaKween

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the most amazing lip liner I have ever come across. I've been reluctant about trying them, as I only tried one other lip liner, yet I've heard they are drying, as was the first I experimented with. The color I own is Blush, which essentially is a nude, rose-color with a hint or tone of bronze in it, whichever term you prefer. I do not work well with any type of make-up pencil, including eye liners, and this is perfect for me as it is a plastic twist-up sort of mechanism. It's creamy and lasts until I eat lunch, and even then, there is color left. I read in another review that Oprah's make-up artist uses this one her; if my review doesn't convince you to use this, that little tidbit of information surely will!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2005 1:19:00 AM More reviews by genica

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

i've never come across a bad covergirl lipliner. i love the smoothers and outlast smootherwear lipliners. they glide on, don't dry out my lips, and last like they're supposed to.
and for any oprah fans: it's the lipliner her makeup artist reggie wells uses on her.
if it's good enough for oprah, it's good enough for me! ;-)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/6/2005 5:35:00 PM More reviews by yoga4life101

I like it... The color i picked may be a lil to pink for my toasted almond complexion...(burgundy velvet)... But i like it... I want to buy more in different colors... its very smooth and matte and thats the look i was going for... I think the price is so much better for the quality than L'Oreal's Colour Riche... but anyways all should try it... its so kute:)