October 1, 2014 | 1263 users online

Eye Shadow - Revlon - EyeGlide

image 0image 1image 2

rated 2 of 5 on 2/19/2011 11:08:00 PM More reviews by Sanynessism

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I got this from a friend that no longer wanted it. She had never used it before and gave it to me. I can honestly say that if i could go back in time, I wouldn't take it! It is HORRIBLE. I have it in Jade. The shimmer is realllly reallly light and the green is not visible at all. This product is completely USELESS. If it werent for the shimmer that i put over eyeshadow, i would throw this out.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/3/2010 11:10:00 AM More reviews by jarona

Age: 44-55 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

So this just happens to be a discontinued item. However, if you ever see this at a dollar store or one of those "close out" or "odd lot" stores, grab 'em.

Here's the backstory: Last night my daughter and I were cleaning out an old suitcase containing a ton of her old dancing makeup. We came across various Eyeglides and had an "AHA" moment! We were both waxing sentimental over these creamy, lushious shadows. We both used them a lot and miss them.....Why Revlon ever discontinued these babies, I'll never be able to figure that out!

Anyway, the packaging: Very user-friendly. They come/came in these pen-type tubes. There was a little sponge applicator at the end in which the product would come out. When you first used these, you had to "turn" the tube quite a number of times until the product reached the applicator. What was great about this was you could actually have control over how much product came out. They glide on the eyes in one quick swoosh, are easily blendable, and the pigmentation is really good.

Listen, I have the taupe on today. I swear to you...the last time these were used in our house was four years ago and the product from each of the Eyeglides is fine. Daughter thinks I'm nuts to use these after so long, but hey--they were in an air-tight bag in a suitcase unopened for years and are not dried out.

Honestly, I am seriously thinking of writing to Revlon to ask why they don't bring these charms back. If you really see these anywhere, please do yourself a favor and pick them up!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/7/2010 12:22:00 AM More reviews by ayngemac

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I like these too but they are discontinued here in the U.S. Sometimes you can find them in 99 cent stores but otherwise they are long gone...

rated 4 of 5 on 2/7/2010 12:15:00 AM More reviews by littlepickle

I miss these eye shadows! I have one in Nude, that I found in a clearance bin for $5. In NZ, these have been off the market for 3 or 4 years now. This stays on very well for me considering my eye lids usually crease very quickly, I like to use it as a base for other colours most of the time. Would love to buy more of these if only I could find them!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/4/2010 3:00:00 AM More reviews by bobo36

i really like the eyeglide.. i got it in nude. i like to put it alone or with satin taupe eyeshadow on it.. its really brilliant. the only thing i don't like is the applicator; the sponge stuff. when i first got it i had to twist and shake at least 10 times and the product came out way too much. but after that, its ok. only a twist is enough for 1 or even both eyelids.. i would recommend that product for people who like a bit of shimmer to their lids. i will re-buy again for sure.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/4/2009 1:17:00 AM More reviews by 96441

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I have this in bronze and i really like it. I love shimmery eyeshadows and this is one of them. They look great on and last quite a while. The only thing I don't like is the applicator, I use a little brush instead.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2008 9:44:00 PM More reviews by CatVeronica

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Cool Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Eyeglide is a really handy, functional makeup item IMO. I love how you can just twist the bottom and it comes out on the spongey tip. I have this in White Sand and it is a great browbone hi-lighter, although I don't like it as an eyeshadow color.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2008 3:06:00 AM More reviews by jenniferlm21

loved this product! and will be sure to re-buy it when finished with it. the only thing i dont like about it is how long it takes to twist the color up and when it finially comes up it wont stop coming up. over all i love this product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2007 6:48:00 PM More reviews by makingfamous

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Well.... I have three of these.... in Bronze, Lilac and Pearl..... i love them.... i use them as a base...and from my experience they keep everything where i want it....

I generally apply them directly to my lid and then blend out with a eyeshadow brush....

I <3 these... I would definetly buy them again....

I have no clue how much they cost.... i picked all of mine up a dollar store...so....

rated 4 of 5 on 4/15/2007 1:12:00 PM More reviews by cmtruman

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My review will pretty much mirror the one below. This is a beautiful shimmery natural color. It looks great with just a swipe in the morning for work to brighten up your eyes, and I use it as a base and layer other colors on it for evening. Great price-under $10. BUT-staying power isn't good. Even when I use a eyeshadow base it's usually gone before lunch. If it were more long lasting, I would definitely repurchase or buy other shades.