December 22, 2014 | 908 users online

Fragrances - Yves Saint Laurent - Paris-Roses des Bois

rated 5 of 5 on 7/31/2011 6:10:00 PM More reviews by khashmere

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Can anyone Please let me know where I can find "Paris-Roses des Bois" I absolutely love it and just finished my last bottle :(
I know it was a limited addition but maybe it is still available somewhere. PLEASE HELP :)
My direct email is: Pikash71@ gmail.com
Smiles always :)

rated 4 of 5 on 4/25/2008 5:27:00 PM More reviews by jemimagold

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

To my nose, YSL's Roses de Bois is an exact scent twin to YSL's Paris. In fact, I really wished I'd had some Paris handy so I could have figured out the difference between the two. In any event, Roses de Bois is a deeply sweet rose jam scent that is quite elegant. I think it is a nice perfume but then I am a rose fan.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/16/2008 1:10:00 AM More reviews by REDjuice

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

My mom used to have this, and I loved it so much she got me one. It definitely is rose-like, and perfect for the spring.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/11/2008 1:03:00 PM More reviews by docemorena

I also have this scent and I absolutely love it. Its light, sheer and the perfect combo of rose and fruitness. Very elegant and perfect daily use without being overt or loud.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/5/2007 1:48:00 PM More reviews by freegracer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A fellow MUAer sent me a generous decant of YSL's Paris Roses des Bois. As much as I like the original Paris, I must admit that the Roses des Bois works better with my chemistry. It has just enough of a fruit note to give it an ebullient lilt and enough of the original Paris in it to smell like a rose bouquet. Paris Roses des Bois is, to my nose, rosier than the original Paris and is perfectly balanced. It is also less powdery than the Paris EdT and has none of the fleshiness of the Paris EdP. This one was a limited edition, and that's a shame because this is truly gorgeous on my skin. Those who dislike Paris may very well enjoy wearing Roses des Bois. It's a friendly, easy to wear, uplifting fragrance, perfect for any time of the year, though it is certainly reminiscent of spring time.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/10/2006 9:37:00 PM More reviews by naturalsenses

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First, let me extend my condolences to those who may harbor negative emotional connotations for, or those whose personal chemistry makes rose scents unwearable. This is a light and sweet rose, with a warm woodsy drydown, not quite as "brash" as the original Paris was. It always made me feel too conspicuous, but this one I can, and do, wear anywhere and anytime.

The bottle is extra purdy too, and since I scored this off ebay for a song, it gets an almost-dirt-cheap rating.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/28/2006 4:25:00 AM More reviews by rees85

Smells cheap & strong on my skin too.. I adore the original Paris much more than this one!! Positive point for the bottle though, it's so pretty!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/13/2006 1:28:00 PM More reviews by Kate123

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Paris Roses des Bois is beautiful, fresh, sheer and lovely. Rose, blackberry, violets. Mmmm. I have used up a full decant so I think I need a bottle. Hope it's still available. So nice!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/30/2005 1:12:00 AM More reviews by review

The SA gave me samples of these when I went in get Opium for my mom. It smells gorgeous! Not at all like some of the YSL fragrances that I thought was too distinctive for the younger crowd. I actually went back and got the perfume, lotion and shower gel for myself. :) For those contemplating to try this, you'll have to really like the smell of roses to like this fragrance.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/20/2005 4:34:00 PM More reviews by flairgirl8

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

A must to try if you are a rose lover. The fragrance stays nice from beginning to the drydown and lasts a long time on me. I would describe it as sweetly floral with soft tea rose notes and a hint of blackberry. A very nice soft fragrance.