Avon Glimmersticks Eyeliner in Cosmic Brown

4.3

on 1/28/2015 10:13:00 PM

LOVE LOVE LOVE this color and this eyeliner. Black is too harsh for me during the day so I prefer to use a dark brown. Easy to apply, stays put and lasts all day. I have tried all types of eyeliners (and wasted a ton of money on some expensive ones!) and ended up going back to this one. Using a primer helps the staying power, but that is true of any eyeliner. I also love the colors available as they are all rather dark and nothing to stunning or flashy. Right now you can get 4 for 10 bucks on the Avon website and I think that is a steal for these.

on 7/13/2014 10:59:00 AM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Cool

Very sheer, patchy and clumpy to apply. Also, I find this product has the bizarre property of being difficult to remove and yet very smudgey at the same time. I've applied this... tried to get it all off, and had some still stuck on my lash-line the next day, smudging around my eyes every few hours. This may be something to do with my oiliness, but these were not a success for me.

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Relaxed, Coarse

Meh, not the most pigmented brown liner out there, but what can you do? I find this has the great quality of the other colors in this line, like durability, doesn't smudge, stays on, etc. But the color is not as brown as I might've wanted it to be. It's more like a faded brown, no matter how much you swipe this on, so I can picture this being perfect for light haired people with blonde colored lashes. It could even work for filling in light colored eyebrows. I can see this being perfect for many blonde women who may want to achieve a natural every day look, but not for moi. I just use it sometimes for my lower lashline.

on 2/13/2014 7:22:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

This is my HG brown eyeliner! I have repurchased these countless times over the last 10 yrs. and always catch them on sale. Last time I got 4 glimmersticks for $10.99. This liner is very pigmented and literally glides on my eyelids without any tugging or pulling (which is very important to me now that I'm 40). The color lasts and I usually only get a tiny bit of smudging in the outer corner of my eye, which happens with all eyeliners. I highly recommend these.

on 6/20/2013 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse

I am in my late 40‘s and although I wear some make-up, I never bothered with eyeliner for a couple of reasons. I have rarely seen anyone, other then models/actresses, that wear it so it;

A. Does not look like ‘raccoon eyes‘
B. Does not look like a dotted line they use to signify where to cut on a piece of paper!

By coincidence, I was searching the Internet for information about mascara, and found videos/articles on, ‘tight lining‘. That method intrigued me, so I decided to order a, Glimmersticks from a friend that sells Avon, and give it a try. I have not looked back since!

Once I caught on, and got comfortable with the method, I thought I would try various eyebrow pencils from Cover Girl etc. Nothing works as well for me as Glimmersticks! I think the reason is, because Glimmersticks is not a pencil, but it isn‘t liquid either. It has a smooth soft application, which means it does not pull on your lid, and lines evenly. Since my initial purchase, I have bought at least 5 other colors, beside Cosmic Brown, and am looking to add a couple more. I would definitely recommend it to anyone that wants a more descreet eyeliner look!

on 5/4/2013 9:03:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure

I love the gilimmersticks eyeliners,never will ever use anything else for my precious eyes,goes on smoothly,easy to reapply, does not smudge,removes with gentle cleansers, have been buying them for around 10 yrs now!!

on 3/23/2013 3:10:00 PM

I got this from the Avon catalog, 4 for $10, an amazing price. Right away I swatched it, and I immediately loved the color. It glides on super easily, and I love how it self-sharpens. My only complaints is that it wears off after a few hours and there was less product than I was expecting.

on 5/8/2011 7:03:00 PM

My go to brown eyeliner. Works better than any pencil I have used and I love the self sharpener, it goes on easily and lasts a pretty long time.

This is my HG brown liner! I have been buying this since my early teen years and I still love it! It is my go-to for everyday wear. I have sensitive eyes and this never irritates my eyes! The line size of the pencil is perfect, you don't have to tug at your eyes as the application is always smooth and it has great lasting power! They often have these on sell, but they are well worth full price. Love this product and will be a loyal user as long as they sell it!

on 5/18/2010 4:29:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I agree with others who've said it's not great on the waterline...it will slip and smudge your undereye area...but if you use it to line your upper eye, you should be good to go. You can always set it with eyeshadow if you have problems with fading---not on your waterline though! This one is really smooth and I love the color, it's great for day/work.