October 31, 2014 | 1035 users online

Lotions/ Creams - La Roche Posay - Lipikar Lipid-Replenishing Body Emollient

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 12/24/2013 12:27:00 AM More reviews by cathykl

I liked this lotion and it does leaves skin soft but the problem is the overwhelming stickiness. The sticky feeling is so unpleasant, and it makes no difference how little I used, I could still feel the film on my skin wherever I had applied it even the next morning when I woke up - and my body does get quite dry plus I have eczema so I was hoping this would work. I gave this away to a family member with drier skin than mine who seems to like it. Pharmacies often give out large samples so I recommend sampling before buying if possible.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 7:17:00 AM More reviews by mariella99

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I first discovered this rich cream when my younger son was little and developed eczema on his legs that was so itchy he would scratch til they bled. I tried Glaxal Base on our doctor's recommendation and it did nothing much to help. I found this rich, unscented, thick and soothing cream while trying out different things at the drugstore as I didn't want to have to keep using cortisone cream on my little son (and it seemed to be the only thing that helped when the eczema got bad). Lipikar Baume seemed ideal and really cleared up the eczema, which was induced by winter dryness and indoor heat. We still use this product in our houshold, even though my "baby" is now 20! It's the best thing for flaky, dry legs (which I get in winter) and for any dry skin problems. Not exactly inexpensive but it gives good value for money because it really works. I'm surprised I forgot to review it til now.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/10/2013 8:28:00 PM More reviews by Babel9

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is my skin saver. I have a very sensitive skin, prone to dehydration and bouts of eczema and this cream have been delivering for me for years now. Each time I have a bad reaction, or bad winter skin, I reach for this and voilĂ  ! Problem solved.

This lipikar is also much more light then the balm or the AP version of the same product, meaning it delivers just enough moisture if your skin is dry, without any sticking sensation. Feels great on skin, sinks rapidely. It has barely any scent to it.

It's also a good face cream, especially in summer when you want something light but moisturizing that won't break the bank.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/16/2012 7:50:00 PM More reviews by ricerice

I used to only use this on my body but I've recently started using it on my face too and it works wonderfully. For a long time i was not using any moisturiser on my face at all because everything I used broke me out. But one day my skin developed an allergic reaction to something I was using and I had no choice but to slather this on my face in attempts to sooth my extremely irritated skin, hoping that it wont break me out. And luckily it didn't! I'm so glad I finally found a moisturiser that I can use on both my face and body. The price of this product is very reasonable too. I bought two large pump bottles for 21 euros. I'm already on my second bottle and I'm sure i will continue using this for awhile.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2012 11:03:00 PM More reviews by silviabeloved

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

The one I bought is called Lipikar body milk, I am pretty sure it's the same product with a new name or something.

With mineral oil high on the list (the 4th) and ACETYLATED LANOLIN ALCOHOL low on the list (highly comedogenic), I thought I would never ever pay for this product. Well, I went into the store with Lipikar balm in mind (my skin is so dry after the whole "I used sugar to exfoliate my face too much" incident), I tried the balm one on my hand, and it just seemed really heavy (it's insanely hot and humid outside right now, where I am), then I saw the body milk in a promotional set, not quite sure what to do, I bought it anyway (there's not much choice if you don't want any alcohol at all in your moisturizer), telling myself that "I can always use it on my body if it doesn't work on my face".

I have tried it three or four times so far on my entire body, face included, at night. With the air conditioner on most of the night when I am sleeping, my skin actually feels dry in the morning, maybe not dry, but not moisturized either. That's really not a good thing for something that's supposed to moisturize your skin. I can't say that I have any bad reaction to it, besides that it can really sting your eyes if you are not being careful, but there's really not any good thing I can say about it either.

Back to using Cicaplast on my face. I will use this on my body only, and once I am done with this tube, I think I am done with this product for good.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2012 3:09:00 PM More reviews by portillosa

Someone told me to try this lotion if i want to have soft smooth skin especially on my most dry parts like my elbow and my fingers. I tried it and I was immediately sold out. I bought 2 right away, it doesn't have fragrance sometimes I wish it has.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2012 2:36:00 PM More reviews by MystiQu3

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Other Eyes: Black

I had really dry, flaky, itchy, and damaged skin (due to the scratching) last Winter. For some weird reason it happened to my underarm skin, and I was left with this ugly, scaly scars due to this problematic condition. Tried Bio Oil, did not work. Tried normal lotion, it stung me. My skin was too sensitive probably. I can't even wear a deodorant that is perfumed.

Anyway I went to my local pharmacy and was recommended this product, and voila! It worked! I no longer have to scratch my underarms (it was embarassing!) because this product has replenished the moisture to where I had applied it. The skin is now soft, the scars are healing and I hope they will vanish. I highly recommended this product for those with sensitive and dry skin!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/26/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by alwells

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is a great body moisturizer. And it is relatively long lasting. That said, there are many much less expensive body moisturizers that work as well and last as long. While I may purchase again, I will probably defer to a more natural product that works just as well.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/15/2011 2:42:00 PM More reviews by crazyseg

Recommended this whilst on holiday in France years ago. Was suffering from horrible dry skin on arms and face and this sorted it out in a couple of days!
I've loved this product since then, I don't use it all the time due to how long it takes to sink in but only when my skin is crying out for moisture!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/12/2010 3:15:00 AM More reviews by skincareman

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

Seeing as I'm a huge fan of the Lipikar Syndet I thought I'd give this a try, to replace my Clarins Satin Smooth Body Lotion.

Unfortunately this product is very sticky and the stickiness doesn't disappear after application. I waited nearly an hour and it was still too sticky for me to get dressed so I had to wash it off my body and legs.

Won't be repurchasing.