December 20, 2014 | 889 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Naked Lunch

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/11/2014 11:46:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

In the past 4 years I have gone through two pots of Mac Naked Lunch. I use it 90% of the time as my eye shadow base. Long ago I (before there were primers everywhere) I discovered that my matte/satin eye shadows had much more lasting power if I put down a base of something light with a bit of glimmer or light frost. I do a swipe of my current neutral matte ivory and Mac Naked Lunch as my first layer on my eye lids. Then I apply a matte or satin color such as Mac Kid or Mac Warmth as my eye color up through the crease. I like Mac eye shadow powders, they are soft yet pigmented and the color selection is excellent.
I will always have a pot of Naked Lunch on hand.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/11/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by grapes123xo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I use this as a highlighting color its very subtle on me.. im nw35.. i think of it as a shimmery slightly brown highlighting color.. i love it! Its a beautiful color

rated 5 of 5 on 11/1/2014 2:05:00 PM More reviews by kbam17

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I had a really hard time figuring out how to use this color since it is far more cool, pink, and frosty than I'd normally purchase. I originally bought it to help me blend out the edges of the MAC Bare Study Paint Pot into the crease. While it didn't work exactly as hoped for this (the color was too light for the crease), I found that it really helps intensify Bare Study when packed on the lid itself. Naked Lunch looks particularly gorgeous when paired with more purpley shades on the outer corner and crease (my favorites are Makeup Geek Unexpected and Urban Decay Toasted, respectively). This is now one of my favorite shadows; I'm glad I didn't give up on it!

Pros:
* smooth application
* easy to pick up color with brush
* blendable
* long-lasting
* fits well in many palettes (I purchased the standalone pan)

Cons:
* can be overly frosty if not applied/blended evenly

rated 5 of 5 on 8/16/2014 2:11:00 AM More reviews by blair_77_1999

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A must have in any collection.Universally flattering & wearable with other shades.I use this as a base with Noir & swimming.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/5/2014 6:12:00 AM More reviews by alllice

My holy grail eyeshadow. It's pigmented yet discreet, so you can definitely wear it on an everyday basis even though it is a frost eyeshadow. The most amazing thing, apart from the color, is that it lasts all day even without wearing a primer/concealer/foundation. HG!!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/11/2014 6:35:00 PM More reviews by meggomyyeggo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

One of my all time favorite eyeshadows! It's so pretty and it really makes my blue eyes pop! Love, love, love!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/21/2014 8:09:00 AM More reviews by darthodis

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Green

A golden champagne color. The only MAC shadow I would own if I only could have one. My go-to base/lid color for most eye looks I wear and opt great as a inner corner/brow bone highlighter. It's shimmery, but not with any big specs in it.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2014 4:09:00 PM More reviews by GirlyRunnerGirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

HG lid color!!! Have been using this for years. Looks great with my fair, olive tones skin and blue eyes. I really like that it doesn't have fall out problems.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2014 1:08:00 AM More reviews by CMarie92

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I absolutely love this! It's a perfect everyday color. I use this all over my lids; usually with some kind of matte brown in the crease. This color really looks good with just about anything in the crease. This could easily be used as a brow bone highlight but I prefer a matte highlight for that. I've used this as a cheek highlight quite a few times and it looks beautiful. This was the first e/s I ever purchased from MAC & I still love it! I've probably went through 4/5 & I know I'll be repurchasing this as soon as it's almost gone! If you're on the fence about this I would say definitely get it- you will not be disappointed!! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by clairerenee

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Love at first swipe! Why haven't I picked this shade up before? I have a number of MAC shadows but somehow missed out on this. It has to be the most wearable, versatile shade ever. I am on vacation right now and I never pack on the makeup when vacationing: sunscreen topped with powder with spf, curl my lashes, cover my dark circles (maybe) and slap some lip balm with spf on and go. Adding a swipe of naked lunch to my lids and browbone gives me a more polished look without fear of it sliding off in the humidity. I can see myself using it on lids/browbone with deeper colors in the crease once I am back to work. I have very pale, yellow toned skin and naked lunch is almost a my lids but better shadow.