MAC Frost - Naked Lunch

4.4

Talc, zinc stearate, octyldodecyl stearoyl stearate, isostearyl neontanoate, tocopheryl acetate, caprylyl glycol, hexylene glycol, phenoxyethanol, [ /- silica, mica, titanium dioxide (Cl 77891), iron oxides (Cl 77891), iron oxides (Cl 77491, Cl 77492, Cl 77499), bismuth oxychloride

on 6/2/2015 2:57:00 PM

DO NOT buy. This eyeshadow is not worthy of the hype one bit! I bought this eyeshadow along with All that glitters, Orange and Cranberry and to be honest, aside from Cranberry, none of them are worth it.

This is a frosty, barely there white/pink eyeshadow that will need you to scratch and scratch the eyeshadow till some product finally comes out! At first, i thought that the lack of pigmentation was due to the typical "first layer" of brand new eyeshadows that need to be worked on a little till the powder really lets loose. I WAS WRONG. I have had this eyeshadow for MONTHS and it has never showed up on my eyelids or work for a look, i can only use this as a pretty inner conner highlighter. The problem of this is that for a inner conner highlighter i can get a $1 eyeshadow on the drugstore and it would do the job just fine. IT IS NOT worth it for a 15 dollars eyeshadow from MAC.

I made my own quad with the 4 MAC eyeshadows that i bought and i seriously NEVER use them.. It just doesnt hold up and i need to really rub my brush over and over the eyeshadow to actually get some product. All that glitters has the same problem, Orange is not as pigmented as it shows and Cranberry (despite being gorgeous) is way too red. I spend $44 dollars on the quad and its seriously the least used makeup product i own.

For eyeshadows in general, go to INGLOT, they just kill it in the color and pigmentation department. I use that palette all the time.

on 4/25/2015 9:07:00 AM

I was sooo dissapointed when i got this shadow. After seeing it being used in a lot of tutorials, i thought it was something i really needed to have.
It isn't very pigmented at all, and for the price, it should be!
It feels soft, and smooth when i touch it, but when i use it on my eyes, it barely shows up. even when i try to use it wet.
The colour is pretty, i just wished i could actually see it on my eyes.

on 3/29/2015 12:01:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I used to use this interchangeably with Jest. I find Jest and Naked Lunch fairly comparable - they both perform well as a quick wash all over the lid, brightening the eye area with a peachy/pinky glow, just a step up from a more beige/ champagne shadow (e.g. Ricepaper).

However, my gripe with Naked Lunch is the finish/texture. Whereas Jest is smooth, finely milled and provides a uniform pearl/sating finish that I've come to associate with M.A.C.'s "Frost" finish, the Naked Lunch I had was chunky with glittery fall out. It wasn't awful as such, but the inferior texture made it a deal-braker and I ended up giving it away to a friend who appreciated the product more.

on 2/18/2015 2:42:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

Very lovely light peachy champagne color. Similar to Jest (on me, Jest is a cooler pink with a frostier finish) and All That Glitters (ATG is a bit darker and more metallic, like wet golden sand with a peachy base). Of the three, ATG is my favorite because it's more unique and has better pigmentation, but Naked Lunch is probably the most versatile. I use it as a wash or put it in the inner half of my lid paired with just about anything. I do wish it was a bit more pigmented, but I like that it's not too frosty. I roughed up the shadow a bit and that helped with the pigmentation. Lovely with Naked Lunch in the inner half and Woodwinked in the outer half.

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Let me start off by saying that I LOVE this eyeshadow. Whether your someone who wears heavy makeup and ur looking for the perfect browbone highlighter, or someone who just wants to add the perfect simple glow to your lid this color is a must have. As I stated earlier I love this shade as an inner eye or browbone highlighter, and I love it even more when I want an all over lid shadow to make that winged tip eyeliner really pop. I would def recommend this shadow.

on 1/19/2015 3:55:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Beautiful color for the lid....minimal pink, champagne color with shimmer. Much less shimmer than All That Glitters (another great shade). Brightens the eyes in no time flat! You will not regret this purchase.

on 1/3/2015 11:23:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

Nice warm wash color. It needs to be packed on a bit for more than just a sheen to show, so for that reason, I would not repurchase since I have better options with more pigment.

on 12/11/2014 11:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

In the past 4 years I have gone through two pots of Mac Naked Lunch. I use it 90% of the time as my eye shadow base. Long ago I (before there were primers everywhere) I discovered that my matte/satin eye shadows had much more lasting power if I put down a base of something light with a bit of glimmer or light frost. I do a swipe of my current neutral matte ivory and Mac Naked Lunch as my first layer on my eye lids. Then I apply a matte or satin color such as Mac Kid or Mac Warmth as my eye color up through the crease. I like Mac eye shadow powders, they are soft yet pigmented and the color selection is excellent.
I will always have a pot of Naked Lunch on hand.

on 11/11/2014 6:48:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

I use this as a highlighting color its very subtle on me.. im nw35.. i think of it as a shimmery slightly brown highlighting color.. i love it! Its a beautiful color

on 11/1/2014 2:05:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

I had a really hard time figuring out how to use this color since it is far more cool, pink, and frosty than I'd normally purchase. I originally bought it to help me blend out the edges of the MAC Bare Study Paint Pot into the crease. While it didn't work exactly as hoped for this (the color was too light for the crease), I found that it really helps intensify Bare Study when packed on the lid itself. Naked Lunch looks particularly gorgeous when paired with more purpley shades on the outer corner and crease (my favorites are Makeup Geek Unexpected and Urban Decay Toasted, respectively). This is now one of my favorite shadows; I'm glad I didn't give up on it!

Pros:
* smooth application
* easy to pick up color with brush
* blendable
* long-lasting
* fits well in many palettes (I purchased the standalone pan)

Cons:
* can be overly frosty if not applied/blended evenly

Top Rated MAC Products