December 18, 2014 | 1796 users online

Lip Gloss - Bonne Bell - California Fruits Starburst Red Cherry

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 8/5/2004 2:29:00 AM More reviews by Calina_Oscura76

I am soo addicted to this. price, quality ..everything! never feels sticky, in fact my lips feel soo smooth with this stuff on. flavor is yummy as well and makes a killer addition to lipstick for extra shine. my only problem is the package. the cap always comes off and i fear a disaster waiting to happen inside of my purse. will definately repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/23/2004 10:21:00 PM More reviews by xClearlyAbSuRDx

took me FOREVER to take the cap off I don't know why, i practically squeezed the tube to death just tryin to get it off the first time :p.. I LOVE IT though it tastes awesome and has a pretty pinkish tint VERY SHINEY. For me, it lasts long maybe because I put alot on. It doesn't burn or numb my lips. It's cheap and I'd definately buy it again.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/9/2004 3:17:00 AM More reviews by eanj

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I saw this in a local drug store yesterday and had to buy it! I love Starburst candies and the red cherry lip gloss is the most beautiful pink/red colour for PPPs. Unfortunately, this product was really disappointing. First, it numbs your lips upon application (which really makes me wonder about its ingredient list, which incidentally doesn't contain menthol!). Second, the flavor is pretty awful. It does smell a lot like Starburst, but it actually tastes like cherry cough syrup. I initially thought I found a great alternative to Clinique's rather expensive Raspberry Superbalm, but this is surely not it.....

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2004 1:57:00 PM More reviews by LauraA

The smell of this product is the best thing about it - yummy! But the lasting power and texture are nothing to brag about. It is very thin and wears off in a matter of minutes. And I can't really say that my lips feel any more moisturized after wearing this. These are a fun novelty item, but I wouldn't wear regularly or buy again.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/6/2004 6:45:00 PM More reviews by KatieLynn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Despite the fact I'm no longer using this gloss, there is a lot of good about it. It tastes/smells just like a Starburst candy, it's a pretty sheer red color, and it's actually fairly moisturizing. However, this gloss *burns* my lips. I've read about other ladies having that kind of reaction to other products, but had never experienced it personally until now. It's like the feeling of cinnamon oil burning your skin--not fun! I was very disappointed, because everything else about it was great. YMMV, of course, but I did want to post this warning for anyone who has had similar problems with products in the past.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/1/2004 6:40:00 PM More reviews by xxwesishotxx

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I adore this gloss. I was hesitant to buy it because I've been so disappointed by Bonne Bell lately but this one is amazing. It's a nice pink colour, nowhere near the red it appears in the tube. The smell is EXACTLY like a cherry starburst and it tastes great, too. I only wish it would last longer, however it may be partly my fault for licking it all off.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2004 8:53:00 PM More reviews by Kirstie

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

So, I was feeling really "budget-y" (read: cheap) but wanted a treat. I am not usually one for fruity lipglosses or Bonne Bell, but this stuff is so yummy! It is a milky pink gloss (appears red in the tube) in a slant-tip squeeze tube. Not sticky in the least (more emollient, gel consistency), hence virtually no staying power. However, the scent is great (just like a cherry Life Saver or Starbust candy), and it imparts a light pink shine on my pigmented lips. Does seem to leave your lips softer, also. I never knew that these "teeny bopper" glosses actually taste great, too! Guess I'm about 20 years late to the party, LOL. Now I know what to do for myself when I need a cheap fix.