October 25, 2014 | 1759 users online

Makeup Brushes - Shiseido - The Makeup Powder Brush

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 2:17:00 PM More reviews by HottSauce

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

The perfect loose powder/setting powder brush.

Looks black, sleek, shiny comes in a handy velvety case. It is a rather large powder brush that is a flat but still fluffy.

The feel of the brush is so luxurious. Extremely soft. Glides over your face no scratches and no shedding. Feels great, makes anyone feel pampered and fancy when using this brush.

The bristles I believe are from animal hair. Which animal? Perhaps squirrel. Not exactly sure. The bristles are not so compact. It is not made for packing powder on like a foundation but a light touch like setting powder. For example, I use this brush mainly for my Chanel Poudre Universal Libre setting powder. Flawless.

It is expensive, but worth the investment.

Every woman should have this brush

rated 5 of 5 on 8/21/2013 7:18:00 AM More reviews by Midgey1

This has got to be the softest brush I have ever tried. I believe it is made of squirrel hair?.
The brush is quite wide and flat but not very dense, however it picks up product with ease. Because it is tapered it is great for getting into those tricky areas around the nose and eye area, so I love this brush for applying loose powder.

I have recently purchased Kevin aucoins sculpting powder and this brush is perfect for me for applying it. Because the end of the brush is fine and tapered it is very directional and great for layering the product without leaving a dirty streak down the cheek bone.

I have had this brush for 6 months now and it did shed a couple of hairs after the first wash but no more since.

A pricey brush but it was money well spent in my opinion, would I buy it again... In a heart beat.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/27/2013 7:15:00 PM More reviews by conceal4ever

This is a fantastic brush!! I use it together with the smaller shiseido foundation brush for nooks & crannies or extra coverage for blemishes. I'm a bit OCD about my brushes and wash them really often, so cheaper quality brushes tend to fall apart and shed hair everywhere after a while. I've been using this for 6 months now, washing my brush at least once every day, and not one single hair has fallen out. That's the sign of a really good quality brush, plus it makes your make up last a lot longer because a little with this brush goes a long way.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/16/2013 12:44:00 AM More reviews by girlndocs

"So," says my man (he asks this out of curiosity, you understand, not to grill me). "What did you spend the rest of your birthday money on at Nordstrom?"

"A brush," I say.

"A brush," he says. "ONE brush. You spent $55 on ONE brush?"

"I HAVE NO REGRETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTS," I scream as I dive through a window and run into the sunset.

Okay, actually I stick my tongue out at him.

Obviously, this is the most expensive brush I've ever bought. I have a couple of super soft synthetic powder brushes that feel nice on my face but it dawned on me that since they were dense, they were also -- duh -- applying my powder densely. I went looking for the highest quality natural powder brush I could find for my budget, and after a lot of looking online and at Sephora and Nordstrom, the Shiseido came up on top.

This brush is genuinely silky, like, the texture of the hairs is unlike any brush I've handled before. It feels very luxurious sweeping across my face, absolutely whisper-soft. I had also considered the Laura Mercier blue squirrel powder brush, which was just as soft, but the LM brush was denser and I ended up glad I opted for the Shi because I do feel that not being overly dense really helps it to lay down powder in an extremely sheer, invisible layer. Unlike my synthetic brushes, it is very easy to distribute powder evenly thoughout the bristles of this brush without their collecting in one spot more than another -- translating to very even application to my face.

About the only thing I could wish for is handle construction out of something more weighty and substantial -- obviously you don't want it to be *too* heavy, but I was surprised at how very light it was and I think a little weight would give it even more of a luxury feel.

Next on my list is the blush brush.

8 out of 9 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/20/2012 6:59:00 PM More reviews by bubblewarped

Gorgeous brush that I haven't stopped using since the day I took the plunge. A little off-puttingly expensive but I do not regret purchasing it, not one bit. This is the softest, silkiest, most luxurious brush I have ever had the pleasure of using. As mentioned previously, the bristles are not too densely packed so the brush slides airily and effortlessly along the planes of my face. Not too "floppy" and keeps its shape nicely after washing/drying. Absolutely foolproof with translucent/setting powder -- even when I'm in a huge rush and just throwing products on my face, I've never had the issue of looking overly powdered or matte -- and the super silky bristles evenly distribute just enough to polish/set my makeup. When I'm going out, I like to use a puff to "lock" my makeup in place and gently run this brush over my face to remove the excess powder -- flawless. I also use it to dust off and blend out heavy-handed blush/bronzer/highlighter/etc. without rubbing off the rest of my makeup. It's easy to wash, I haven't had any problems with odor and shedding has been slight, maybe a couple hairs every few washes. For removing the hassle of powder and the luxurious feel, I'd definitely buy this brush again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2012 7:55:00 AM More reviews by mariannepilgaard

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This powder brush is so super soft (squirrel) on your skin, and the handle is perfectly balanced. I use this for powder, as a finishing brush and sometimes for bronzer too. I gave it a 3 in packaging because it comes with a flimsy plastic pouch, and such a beautiful brush deserves a proper brush case.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2011 7:05:00 PM More reviews by Hisoneandonly

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I can't believe I've never reviewed this wonderful brush!

Shiseido Powder Brush is large and quite fluffy. Perfect for a light dusting of setting powder - no cakey OTT matte effect! I think this is great for highlighting cheekbones as well since it isn't so dense. It feels very soft and gets softer after each washing and there is minimal shedding IME. It is the only powder brush I own that is like it.

Well worth the price tag - I suspect it will last me forever:)

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2009 5:10:00 AM More reviews by katiebaby87

Okay, so I know this brush is crazy town expensive (like $80AUD or something ridiculous), but I don't regret laying out the pennies for a minute. I love this brush. Silky soft, picks up just the right amount of powder and applies beautifully. Awesome for all over powder application, blush, highlighter, whatever. It's heavenly.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/30/2009 12:35:00 AM More reviews by Hnole

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this brush is da bomb! Ok I know what you're thinking! $50 for a brush?!?! But let me tell you ladies, it feels like heaven on your face! Softest brush EVERRRR and I've tried them all HE and low end. So run don't walk and get one NOW!

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 7/8/2009 5:48:00 AM More reviews by Crystal78

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is really the softest brush i've ever seen & the most expnsive brush in my collection. In my country it costs about USD70 for this powder brush. Despite it's softness it does pick up powder & apply powder evenly on my face. It's also good for applying pigmented blush.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No