MAC Frost - Parfait Amour

Talc, Zinc Stearate, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Caprylyl Glycol, Hexylene Glycol, Phenoxyethanol [ /- Silica, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Carmine (CI 75470), Chromium Hydroxide Green (CI 77289), Chromium Oxide Greens (CI 77288), Ferric Ferrocyanide (CI 77510), Manganese Violet (CI 77742), Red 40 Lake (CI 16035), Ultramarines (CI 77007), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140)]

on 3/27/2015 10:57:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Fine

This is the worst MAC eye shadow, it has this vivid, bright purple on the pan, but when I apply it, it looks muddy and when I try to build it up, it looks dirty and ugly... a total waste of money

on 12/19/2014 7:10:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Tan, Neutral

Bright purple.. depends on your taste. I think its hard to work with. Ill stick with more neutral colors next time. However sometimes i use it in my crease or as liner (helps my brown eyes pop).

on 10/17/2013 2:21:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I have two words for this: INCREDIBLY disappointing.

In the pan, the color is absolutely gorgeous. Really, it is. I'm super pale so I was expecting this to be vibrant and lovely, but unfortunately, it goes on extremely sheer and ends up looking muddy/dirty if I try to build the color. It's honestly nowhere near the beautiful purple you see in the pan. NO. WHERE. NEAR.

Okay, I'll say it. In general, I don't think MAC eyeshadows are particularly stellar, and this isn't the only one I own. At $15 a pop you'd think the quality would really be amazing, but for me personally, it isn't. I would NEVER repurchase this (or any other MAC eyeshadow, to be honest). So disappointing.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

PA is not the colour it looks to be in the pan. Definitely veers hard towards blue instead of the nice purple-blue it appears to be. It also goes on fairly sheer even if you build it up. Wetting it probably helps, but blues look so awful on me that I'll probably try to swap it instead.

on 2/10/2013 9:50:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Its an absolutely gorgeous COLOR ,extremely silky and blendable duochrome.
The color is very buildable and very pigmented .
actually i think it would work with almost every eye color and it works magic on your under waterline.

on 12/6/2012 3:00:00 AM

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I really like purple colors, and I bought this thinking it was a really pretty purple! When I got it home and used it along side my UDPP, it looked more blue! Someone even complemented me on how pretty of a blue my eye shadow was :( So from now on, I will swatch MAC colors before I buy!

on 12/3/2012 11:24:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium

NW10 (neutral-cool toned, very fair), blue eyes, Color season is True Summer, Baumann Skin Type is OSPW.

This shadow is more work that it is worth. Like many reviewers have said before me, it is hard to blend and if you don't use a primer / apply it wet, it barely even shows up. I'm disappointed in the quality. Save your money on this one.

Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Warm

I love this es. However, i find i have to apply it wet to get the best effect. If i apply it dry, its a difinite "no show", even with UD original primer potion. The colour of this when applied wet with Napoleons "cake eyeliner sealer" is really eyecatching and beautiful. I just love how this colour catches the light and is just simply gorgeous. I would definitely recommend and repurchase. Its my favourite purple at the moment.

on 7/18/2012 12:04:00 PM

I saw this in the MAC store and I passed it up the first time thinking I have lots of purples and pinks in my collection then I got the chance to swap for it and thought eh why not. I got it and now i adore it the thing I use it most for is my jeffrey campbell X black milk inspired look to match the shoes it is a staple color and for me having green eyes it really helps to make them brighter.

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

Though I am no stranger to both subtle and dramatic eye looks, I was a bit stupefied with this particular shadow...I found it a bit hard to blend so I needed a mid-tone between this and MAC Crystal to pull the look together sufficiently. Until, I layered it a bit with another fuscia eyeshadow in the centre of my lid (not too much, just a touch) and it really brought out a lovely purple. Pair that with a bit of MAC Crystal blended into the inner corners and it's a dramatic purple spectrum that's great for evenings. Eyeshadow primer is a must with this one, at least on my NC40 skintone or else it will come off looking grayish and dirty. I still find the pigmentation a bit poorer so I will try applying it wet as was suggested below. May not repurchase, considering how little I use it now. This and MAC Crystal don't even have dents in them yet...

Top Rated MAC Products