November 26, 2014 | 1650 users online

Lipstick - Paula Dorf - Pretty

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2010 7:43:00 PM More reviews by debdo

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is my first product from this line. Pretty is a beautiful rosey pink on my lips, with slight shine. It is a very natural flush of color that brightens my face. It lasts all day on my lips, not the shine but the stain of a flushed color. Very beautiful shade of lipstick. I would definatley repurchaset this. On the down side it is not very moisturizing on my lips, but I apply a clear gloss or chapstick over during the day. This is my new HG of lipsticks!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2009 7:07:00 PM More reviews by biogrrl

Gorgeous! A mid-tone rose raspberry color. Sheer in application but deep in color with a nice shiny finish. The SPF 15 is a huge plus. It also leaves a slight flush of color on the lips after wearing off. I've always been a huge fan of Paula Dorf lip sheers. (I also have Baby Love- a more neutral MLBB.) I'd compare these to Vincent Longo Baby Balm, but the bullet on these is not as soft and it wears a bit longer. It's exactly everything a lip sheer should be. (For reference, I'm PPP with blonde hair, and it sets off my skin & eyes beautifully without being garish like most deeper lip colors on me.)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2007 2:57:00 PM More reviews by maliastyle

My first Paula Dorf lipstick, and surely not my last. Pretty is a gorgeous medium toned rose with no shimmer, and although it's considered a sheer, it's really not - NARS' Dolce Vita, Pretty's almost-twin, is sheerer (but that's not to say this is opaque - Pretty just has more color). DV is also a tad lighter; Pretty is deeper. While Dolce Vita glides on a little easier, Pretty is not as drying, and also lasts longer. Between the two I can't say I have a favorite, but both are great MLBB shades that share permanent purse space.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/3/2005 8:19:00 PM More reviews by PeggyA

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I had to get Paula Dorf's lipstick in Pretty after using almost all of it up in a palette I had received. I love this color - it's kind of a pinky-peach (light on the peach). I have fair skin with yellow undertones and this color does a good job of making me look lively. If you like Chantecaille lipgloss in the color Taffy I find the color very similar and the lipstick lasts a longer time on my lips.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2005 12:17:00 PM More reviews by keahi

Aptly named. Sometimes this one is a bit too pink on me, but it's such a full, glossy, ripe color that I like to wear it for evening occasions. Makes me feel very polished and sexy. I'm terrible at describing colors so I'll try to give references. I thought this was similar to Christian Dior's Addict Ultra Shine in Shiniest Red (also a rich glossy pink) and perhaps this could be compared to Dolce Vita by NARS, only a bit pinker and one step deeper. They look similar on me, anyway. Hypothetically, I 'd repurchase, 'cuz this is not an HG for me, but it's definetly worth trying.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/29/2004 11:22:00 AM More reviews by Jolichat

This has become my favorite lipstick in both winter and summer. I am fair skinned, but this beautiful pink brightens my face without being obnoxious. I have gotten many compliments from both men and women. I found the texture very smooth. It glides on and has just the right amount of shine.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2004 9:17:00 PM More reviews by lfrueh

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

How to describe the color - a deep rose with coral tones? A soft, deep tomato? I don't know. Not really a bright color but rich, and it brightens up an FFF face immediately, especially with a liner like Nars Morocco or Benefit Posh. And the name fits - the first time I wore it my husband looked at me and said 'Pretty!' Only downside is it feels a bit drying. A clear gloss over it is the way to go so not to kill the color.