St. Ives St. Ives Gentle Apricot Scrub

Price: $

on 8/30/2015 9:44:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

My skin is sensitive and acne-prone, and can also get quite dry (bummer, right?) so I'm very picky about which products I use. This scrub does not have any affect on my acne, but leaves my skin feeling smooth, clean and soft. I don't find this too harsh at all - as with anything I put on my skin, I apply and rub this on my face gently. I also use it sparingly - usually about once or twice a week. It's one of few scrubs that I've felt actually does anything for my skin without being irritating. Would recommend.

on 8/16/2015 6:15:00 AM

This is AMAZING it doesn't leave your skin feeling raw because it's not rough and if you have sensitive skin it is perfect. The smell of this product is also amazing.

on 7/13/2015 4:43:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

I've used a St. Ives scrub for years. I must have started using this particular scrub back in college. I've tried other brands, more expensive brands, over the years, but I come back to good ole reliable St. Ives. It's gentle and affordable. I like the consistency and feel of the scrub. It's not too runny or thick. The apricot particles aren't rough. The scrub leaves my skin free of dead skin cells. I don't have sensitive or acne-prone skin, so I don't know what it's like for others, but I can use this 4-5 times a week without any problems.

on 11/25/2014 6:40:00 PM

Great scrub for my acne prone skin, but I wouldn't follow the recommendation on the packaging for use of 3-4 times a week as the grains are too abrasive. I use this once a week alongside my gentle cleanser for daily use, and would definitely buy the product again.

on 9/23/2014 1:28:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Well, it's better than the "original" formula and way less drying than the "Blackhead reducing" formula - but it's still too scratchy and harsh for my dry middle-aged PPP facial skin. Not for sensitive faces - that's for sure. Much too harsh.

on 7/18/2014 9:24:00 AM

any St. Ives product is perfect for me. i have the most diffucult skin type - acne prone, scar prone and,combination. this is a great exfoliant. it makes a difference in the dryness and softness of my skin. i use it a few times a week in my face, neck and chest, in the shower and it does exactly what an exfoliant should do. and what bang for your buck!

Skin: Very Dry, Olive, Not Sure

This scrub made my super dry skin worse and did nothing for my pores.

on 7/4/2014 1:23:00 PM

Not so "gentle". This wash still scratched my face and left it feeling awful. It smells nice, it has great packaging, and if it works for you, that's wonderful. My skin is just quite sensitive and doesn't really benefit much from scraping sand over it.

on 7/1/2014 8:44:00 AM

A great exfoliator, really seems to get the grime off my skin, leaving it clear and fresh afterwards. Ive used many top brands but always come back to this one, its just got plenty of umpf in it.

on 3/19/2014 1:19:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

This stuff seems good for a physical exfoliator, but my sensistive skin just can't handle it. I was hoping to find a cheap alternative to my Philosophy Miracle Worker, but this is not it. After a couple uses I started noticing a fine rash/irritiation on my nose and cheeks. It's the same problem I had when using a clarisonic, so it's not from any of the "other" ingredients. I'll end up using it up as a body scrub but won't repurchase. For the price I'd say it's worth a try, especially if you don't have sensitive skin.