July 26, 2014 | 1793 users online

Brows - Chantecaille - Brow Definer

rated 5 of 5 on 11/28/2012 11:11:00 AM More reviews by TexasTracy

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Thank goodness Joy2uandme referenced this pencil while leaving a review for Lancome's Le Crayon because I never would have tried it. I absolutely love this pencil. When I received it in the mail, I looked at the pencil and thought "what an ugly color!" (ash blonde) but low and behold, it is a perfect match for my brows which allows me go lightly and create a more natural looking brow.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/21/2011 4:58:00 PM More reviews by abfabjeanius

I purchased this in the color Ebony Black, which I was at first afraid of, but once the MA applied it on me, I realized that is perfect. Since I have naturally black hair, I usually use a dark brown brow powder or pencil. However, many times, the browns have too much red or orange in them, and then my brows look a little off. Ebony Black is not a carbon black; rather, it is sort of a gray-black, and is very easy to blend.

The texture of these pencils is amazing. For a while, I stopped using brow pencils and stuck with powder because most pencils were just too waxy and didn't feel comfortable on my face. The Chante pencils are lightweight, yet provide enough coverage to fill in my brows with short strokes. It is also blendable, and I usually take a small angled brush and blend in the strokes to make it look more natural. Additionally, the color lasts all day without fading or smudging onto the rest of my face.

Overall, love this pencil, and am glad I spend the $22 on it. I just wish that it came with its own pencil sharpener at that price, but am willing to forgive it! continued >>

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2010 11:30:00 AM More reviews by JCM123

The Ash Blonde is the perfect perfect eyebrow pencil, I have been using this religiously for years now and actually feel "naked" when I run out! Luckily the Hubby is very well versed in my make-up regimen now so he can just pop to the Space NK by his office for me whenever I have run out or start to run low!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2010 11:58:00 PM More reviews by Ssasa

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Other Eyes: Blue

Ash blonde is the perfect, perfect shade for my fair but not alabaster complexion. It is easy to apply, and blends right into my own brows. It enhances me rather than makes me look like a cavewoman or a clown. In short, it's all I could ask for in a brow pencil.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/8/2009 4:36:00 PM More reviews by sexysylvia1211

I am a faithful user of shiseido's eyebrow pencil in deep brown and I liked how it had no red tones, and was a little waxy and it helped me get a really defined brow. I have medium- dark brown hair and have just had my eyebrows tatooed as i was always using pencils since I was 15! I was so sick of doing that every day i finally took the pluge and got them 'done'. They looked good for a week or so but then the colour has really started to fade now, and some pigment has come off altogether! I am getting them re touched in a month or so so until then i just needed a good brow pencil to even them out and fill in any patchiness. I was in spacenk london and the SA rec this pencil, and i wanted to try something new. This shade is great a dark brown with no red undertones. Its much much less waxier than shiseido's its more softer and i couldnt believe how amazingly it glides on! You just need the lightest hand, unlike with the shiseido which i would press quite hard! The softness of the pencil ensures its very hard for you to over do your brows i think mine looked a lot more ''fake drawn on'' with shiseidos. This pencil gives me much more natural definition and im so glad i tried it and would never now go back to shiseidos (although i did hear it is now discontinued?)

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2009 5:42:00 AM More reviews by pinkchinchilla

One of the best eyebrow pencils I've found. I use Oak Brown for my dark brown eyebrows. The texture is a perfect balance; not too waxy to fade off, but not too dry to drag. I dot it inbetween the hairs rather than draw a line; looks natural and lasts all day.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/23/2008 5:12:00 PM More reviews by joy2uandme

Update: I just tried Lancome's brow pencil version because I thought why order a freaking Chantecaille version? Well I'll tell you why. The Lancome version is half the size of the Chantecaille one, is waxy and the taupe is not really as nicely taupe as the Chantecaille one either, it's more brown than gray. Okay the Lancome one does include a spoolie on the end but it's scratchy and Lancome charges the same price so let's see for the same price as Chantecaille I'm getting less pencil, not as great a color and a waxy mess. No thanks. I'll suck up the shipping hassle for Chantecaille. Lesson learned. Especially when I looked back and I got several YEARS out of the last Chantecaille brow pencil.

I've tried other brow pencils and have been disappointed before: They were either too waxy or didn't last the day. Thus I always used brow powders. But after a Chantecaille makeover I saw how my brows looked with this pencil--stylin'. So I shelled out for this $20 brow pencil and have really taken to this kind of application. I bought ash brown for my taupey colorerd eyebrows and this color is perfect. Yeah it costs more than I would have liked but the pencil is lasting pretty well. I will gripe that for these prices they could have thrown in a sharpener. But I probably will repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/16/2004 5:23:00 PM More reviews by mitsuko

I have this in "Ash Blonde" and the colour is perfect for my medium blond hair and slightly darker brows (medium to dark blond w/ some very light hairs) and is very natural looking. This is Chantecaille's equivalent of Chanel's raved about Blonde Cendré Brow Definer, Blond Cendré translated means ash blonde, the colour is exactly the same, the texture is different, the Chantecaille is harder than the powdery Chanel, comparable to the harder Shu Uemura formula. There are three other pencils, a great red one and a standard brown and black colour. Another big plus is the staying powder, for me it lasts a whole day and like with all Chantecaille products w/ probably the blushes and e/s being an exception the product itself looks classy and expensive even though it is cheaper than Chanel's brow pencil, $19 as opposed to $26. Anybody planning to run out to get the Chanel Blond Cendré should give the Ash Blonde a try.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No