Paula's Choice Soft Matte Eyeshadow in Graphite [DISCONTINUED]

Not tested on animals

on 9/6/2009 8:01:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Other, Warm

Hair: Black, Other, Medium

As others have stated, this eyeshadow is described as an inky blue-black on the website (too bad forgot to check here before I bought it). When I received the shadow, it was definitely a dark grey with a little blue in it. It's a pretty color, and is blendable, however I found that I had to work a bit harder to blend this using my small shadow brush than some of the other shadows I have had (urban decay). Overall, a nice solid dark grey with a decent texture, but nothing too special, and the color description is just not correct.

on 4/29/2009 8:18:00 PM

This is my HG grey e/s all the way!! It is perfect colour of matte dark grey that blends beautifully, has great pigmentation, and is extremely versatile. It can crease a little, but stays put nicely with a decent e/s base.

on 3/11/2008 11:02:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a very dark gray eyeshadow. On my pale, cool-toned skin, it looks good smudged over gray or black liner for a subtly smoky look. I will definitely repurchase.

Ingredients: Talc, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Silica, Boron Nitride, Zinc Stearate, Mineral Oil, Propylparaben, Methylparaben, Imidazolidinyl Urea. May Contain: Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Ultramarines, Manganese Violet, Chromium Hydroxide Green, Chromium Oxide Greens, Carmine, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Aluminum Powder. continued >>

on 5/4/2007 4:49:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

This is a nice shadow for a smokey eye or as a crease color. I like the fact that it's not sparkly or shimmery and therefore makes it more of a natural look. The only cons: It's not available offline and so I have to pay shipping fees and wait for it to arrive (7-10 days.) I'd also prefer if the lid was on a hinge.

on 7/29/2006 12:19:00 AM

Awesome Blue-black color...perfect to use as eyeliner...for those of us with oily lids...stays put and doesn't sprinkle down to the undereye area. Lasts forever.

on 2/18/2006 8:30:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Great eyeshadow! I would describe the color as soft black or deep/dark charcoal. I subtracted one lippie because I find this shade is a tad difficult to blend.

on 7/17/2005 9:49:00 AM

Thia is the best shadow I have come across for use as a soft liner. It blends beautifully so avoiding any harshness of line. Also it mixes in really well with other colours if you want a green or blue tone.

Lots of shadows say that they are good for producing a smouldery look...this one delivers the goods.

on 4/19/2004 6:53:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I agree with the previous viewer about the color description. Paula's website describes this as "almost black" and the color they show - both on the website and print catalog - looks black. When you look at the actual product, it looks dark gray - nobody would mistake it for black. That said, I do like this eyeshadow. I apply it dry to my upper lash line as a soft eyeliner, and it works very well. It has good staying power too.

Paula describes this as almost black.I would add more like a very dark grey with a hint of blue (not really black but close).Other than that, I love it.It does not crease, last all-day and it very silky.A very versatile matte shadow that can be applied as a liner.Very dramatic if used in the crease or mixed with other shadows.