Lancome Juicy Tubes - Sweet Valentine

on 8/19/2004 8:56:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

This is a gorgeous, sheer cherry red gloss with tiny red shimmer. It is beautiful! It smells slightly like cherry candy, but not too much. I love this color, but since it was just a gift with the purchase of two full-size JTs, I won't be able to buy it again! They ought to have made it in full-size; if they did, I'd buy it.

on 7/18/2004 2:14:00 AM

I love this color!!! It is the perfect sheer red with shimmer (and also the only red that I have ever been able to pull off). Too bad that you cannot actually get this anymore!! UPDATE-Sephora's Super Shimmer l/g in Glazed Cherry looks VERY similar.

on 5/31/2004 8:47:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

Oh, such a pretty color! As a girl with extremly pale skin who loves red lip gloss, I was instantly attracted to this, and as a girl who loves JT's, I didn't mind having to buy two others to get this. Very cute and very pretty, and I just wish that it came in a full size. Oh well...at least it was free.

Absolutely beautiful colour, the best I have ever seen in a JT.
Is a sheer red, with the most gorgeous pinkish-raspberry shimmer, really livens up my lips.
Has a smell, can't describe it, like a lolly cherry smell? Wish this wasn't a LED product!!

on 2/19/2004 10:19:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

I would buy this product again-- but I don't know that it is available for purchase. I received this (in a cute little pink case for 2 sample sized JTs) for buying two JTs at once, along with the regular GWP.

Anyway, it's a sparkly cherry red, very pretty. While it's not very pigmented, it's definitely visible when you wear it.

on 2/16/2004 1:08:00 AM

Hair: Red, Straight, Fine

This LE shade was being offered at my local stores with the purchase of two full sized tubes. It is a rich cherry red in the tube, but when applied sheers out into a gorgeous light red stain which looks like the exact color I wish my natural lips were. It's got the same fun microglitter prevalent in most of the tubes lately, and the scent is very faintly fruity. Too bad they don't sell this all the time, although I'm sure they'll come out with similar ones in the future. If you love the tubes and can get your hands on one, do so! It's great, really quite lovely.

on 2/14/2004 6:59:00 PM

Well, I have lost track of how many Juicy Tubes I own at this point, yet I've never bothered to review any. However, I was quite curious about Sweet Valentine and couldn't find any info on it anywhere, so I feel that this is my duty so to speak, to help out any other MUAers who are curious, too. I only discovered it when on Ebay and was hesitant to purchase since I could find no info on the color. It looked like Candy Cane, so I was hesitant to pay too much for something I already had and could get cheaper than what I paid for Sweet Valentine. I figured I was such a sucker, that Lancome probably took Candy Cane and just re-named it. And I was really hoping it wasn't goung to be as pigmented as T. Lili. Soooo, I am so happy to report that Sweet Valentine is (IMHO)identical in scent and appearance to another JT, but it's FRAISE!!! Yess!!!!! One of my faves and one that isn't available here, so I am very happy. Still, I don't quite understand why Sweet Valentine is so rare--I guess it doesn't come in a full size--I think it comes in a set with two others--simmer and miracle maybe--but I don't know where you can purchase that set. So it's still a pain to have to get it on Ebay, but I guess I'll live. . .

Recommended for Medium Skin