Clinique Perfectly Real Makeup

3.5

Water Purified, Cyclopentasiloxane, Phenyl Trimethicone, Hdi/Trimethylol Hexyllactone Crosspolymer, Glycerin, Butylene Glycol, Peg-10 Dimethicone, Silica, Dimethicone, Methyl Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Quarternium-90 Bentonite, Octyldodecyl Stearoyl Stearate, Coconut Acid, Hydrolyzed Soy Protein, Lecithin, Sodium Hyaluronate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Nylon-12, Ethylhexylglycerin, Acrylates Copolymer, Phenyl Methicone, Polysilicone-11, Propylene Carbonate, Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Hexyl Laurate, Cetyl Peg/Ppg-10/1 Dimethicone, Laureth-7, Trifluoromethyl C1-4 Alkyl Dimethicone, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphates, Triethoxycaprylylsilane, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Talc, Silica Silyate, Magnesium Myristate, Diphenyl Carbomethoxy Acetoxy Naphthopyran, Lauryl Methacrylate/Glycol Dimethacrylate Crosspolymer, Sodium Chloride, Nylon-6, Alumina, Xanthan Gum, Disodium Edta, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Isobutylparaben, May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Mica, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines, Chromium Hydroxide Green

Hair: Blond, Other, Coarse

Doesn't cover anything ..sparkles ..no

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I am very un happy with my purchase. It makes me look dry and the make up lady who sold it to me didn't match my skin tone because it makes me look way too pale for my skin tone. I look like ive just seen a damn ghost! :( I'be been a customer for Clinique for some time now but I definitely not buy this specific foundation again. Not good at all. After two hours of use my face looks like I don't even have anything on and not in a good way- in the way that makes me look like I have literally not put make up on and all my flaws are showing :( Its been an awfully self conscious week and I desperately need pay day to come so I can rectify the situation and get a different foundation.

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I only just purchased this & have used it once & to be honest, I dont know how I feel about it. Gonna wear it again today & try to get a better feel of it. I really dont think its gonna hold up against my oily skin tho. Which sucks.

(fair/combination skin)

my only issue with this is it's expensive, and quite small for the price. it doesn't last all day either, so i keep a little container of it i've decanted in my bag to reapply if i'm going out after work or something.

for me, this is the best foundation i've ever used, and I'm about to run out so i'll buy it again when i do. the shade i got is perfect, it's exactly the same colour as my face (but the range is not great, especially for darker skin tones, so obviously your mileage may vary on this.)

the product has a really nice semi-matte finish that doesn't feel too dry, and it's light enough to use under my eyes for days when i can't be bothered with undereye concealer. also it smells to me like vanilla ice cream.

i love that the coverage is nice and light, as personally i don't like heavy foundations. it provides more coverage than a bb cream or a tinted moisturiser, but is still really light and you can't feel or see it sitting in a heavy layer on top of your skin. i do get breakouts quite often, but this has never made them worse and i've never noticed any reaction to this product from my skin, which is great.

i use a concealer with a really high pigment for spots and blemishes so combined with this that gives me really natural looking skin.

will definitely buy again even if clinique is crazy expensive.

edit after reading other reviews: i did notice the very slight shimmer but for me that's a plus as it gives me a really subtle glow.

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure

I love this foundation. I've been using it since high school, when I found out my friend's brother used it. I figured, if he felt confident it was subtle enough that no one would notice, it must be a pretty natural-looking foundation. Sometimes I stray, but I always come back to this.

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Medium

This was the very first foundation I used, I was about 15 at that time. I used to love it as my skin was flawless and it didn't feel too heavy. It's easy to apply and I found a shade that matched my skin perfectly. As everyone else said, there's noticeable sparkle/glitter even when you wipe it off. I didn't mind it too much but I didn't repurchase this because I wanted to try something new. I thought about going back to this foundation because I had such a good experience with it however ultimately I decided to not to as the sparkle and glitter became too much for me even when I was just testing it out on my hand, I guess I changed my mind about them. Overall it's a pretty good foundation, though I think the glitter really throws it off for most people.

It's a thin foundation, stays well, sheer, but it has noticeable sparkles (advertised as optic particles) in it.
Sparkles make it looks cheap, but acknowledging it's common to wear shimmery eye products (at night), I suppose that wouldn't make too much of a difference.
For daytime, looks odd.

Otherwise average price and in a squeeze bottle.

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

At last I have found THE foundation! I have searched among the more expensive brands, but in vain, until I remembered this one. I had tried it years ago, but the colour was wrong. Then I tried no. 4, which is not bad as its base is neutral/yellow, but slightly too light. Last time I was in the US, I went to Macy's and looked at all the colours available, knowing that in the US they have more colours. So I tried no. 12, and it turned to be perfect. I have dark sun spots and redness and this foundation really evens out my blotchy skin and gives it a pleasant slight glow. Please Clinique, never discontinue this fantastic foundation.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm

This foundation is good for evening out skin tone. The coverage is more of a bb cream or tinted moisturizer. It looks VERY VERY natural, seriously. I have never come across a makeup product that looks this natural. Concealer will be required for problem skin, but it's probably worth it for such a natural look rather than using a thick foundation all over.

Skin: Combination, Dark, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Coarse

This has a red undertone so it doesn't necessarily match my skin. My undertone is golden but my shade match is #45. It also oxidized darker.
I do set
with a translucent powder, but if you don't you get a beautiful dewy finish. I set it with powder not necessarily because I prefer a matte look but more because if I don't I tend to get oily. This doesn't cover my somewhat noticeable undereye circles without concealer, the only product that really does that is the Covergirl Queen Collection 3-in-1, but this product looks more natural despite that, even if I have to use a concealer for that area.
I'm neutral on the packaging. Because it's a squeeze tube I can take out the two dots I need and I never get more than necessary but if I did, I'd squeeze it right back in to the tube (not the most sanitary but I do use the back of my CLEAN FRESHLY WASHED hands to dispense the product on to and from there I use a foundation brush to buff it in. What does bother me is that I know once I reach the end of the makeup I will have a hard time getting the last bit of liquid from the tube. Will use the last bit, won't repurchase.