April 17, 2014 | 1992 users online

Liquid - Clinique - Perfectly Real Makeup

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2014 4:28:00 PM More reviews by Shortcourt0

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For me this was an underwhelming foundation. Tried it on in store and it seemed to be a good match. When I got home I noticed it was not a good color for me. I tried to make it work for a few more days but on top of the color being off it also lacked any sort of staying power. I eventually returned it for something else. After trying out other Clinique products I realized I don't fit well into their shade ranges. I was also probably looking for a medium to full coverage foundation at the time, which this product definitely isn't. All in all not a terrible foundation, just not a good foundation for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/18/2014 7:22:00 PM More reviews by ebell123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is my favorite foundation during the winter months (during the summer I use the acne solutions foundation). The main thing I like about it is the natural look it gives, not cakey at all. It does have microglitter particles in it, but it's not something that is very noticeable, to me at least. The coverage is medium and shade 01 matched well for my pale, neutral skin tone. I apply it with a buffing brush and it makes my skin look flawless. The lasting power is okay, I usually get about 7-8 hours of wear. I have sensitive skin and need an oil-free foundation, which this is. It doesn't irritate my skin or make me breakout. Overall, my HG winter foundation and I will continue to repurchase it.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/13/2014 6:47:00 PM More reviews by harrisonfjord

I love Clinique products and was in the market for a new foundation. Unfortunately this was not it for me. I have combo-oily skin and this sank into every pore and accentuated my oily spots. Not cute. Not to mention the glitter in it ruins the "natural" feel. I like foundations that cover up my blemishes but that do not look cakey or fake. Unfortunately this did not do it for me. #2 was a perfect match for my NC20 skin tone. I hate that its hard to control how much product you squeeze out from the tube and I also hate that its hard to tell how much product you have left without puncturing the bottle. When I used the clinique foundation brush to apply this, it looked streaky, so I find that its best to apply with a sponge or clean fingers. It is not full coverage and I didn't expect it to be, but I was disappointed with this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/17/2014 3:26:00 PM More reviews by crystal105

Overall, I really like this. It's not full, full coverage, but I don't want full coverage. It does a really nice job of just blurring flaws. I think it looks very natural. I use moisturizer, then this (applied with the Clinique foundation brush) and Stay Matte Rimmel Powder. I generally don't use concealer as I haven't found one that I really like. I have super combo skin (super oily t-zone, dry flakes everywhere else) and this does a pretty decent job everywhere. I live in MN, and in the winter, I could maybe use something more moisturizing. Also, my forehead does get oily about 5 hours into the day, but not crazy oily. I also think that it hasn't caused any congestion (my skin is ALWAYS congested...this does not make it worse). I would buy it again.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2014 11:11:00 PM More reviews by Bridget55

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

A spot-on colour match for me in Shade 1 during the winter and Shade 2 in summer. Reasonably priced and a lovely texture. Easy to put on with fingers, a brush or sponge. Great finish and not too heavy. I love that it's invisible on my skin and my freckles show through. Took a lippie off for micro-sparkles and because it can sometimes cause clogged pores.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2014 12:43:00 PM More reviews by Livxo18

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

This foundation certainly isn't bad, its just not that great. For some reason I've been buying clinique foundations for a long time without being very happy with them, I've just been too scared to try out other brands out there. Anyways, this foundation has very little to no coverage. This used to not be a problem for me, as I never had acne, however the past couple of years I've developed constant breakouts which have resulted in acne scars. This foundation does not cover my blemishes at all. All it seems to do is even out my skin discoloration. I also would NOT recommend this for people with oily skin. My skin looks shiny no more than 10 minutes after applying this. The shimmer in it does not help either. If you're looking for a mattifying foundation with coverage, don't buy this

rated 5 of 5 on 1/18/2014 11:48:00 PM More reviews by xkianax

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Black

HG FOUNDATION!! I love this product! I always get clinique foundations and have been happy so far, but this one stands out. It has a good texture, not too liquidy. I put it on in the morning, and halfway through my school day, I have to blot and maybe powder just once. Which I find is a whole lot less than most foundations. It looks kind of satiny and blurs all my pores, I swear! I am acne-prone and break out often due to my teenage phase, and this doesn't interfere and breakout my skin! It almost looks dewy on me when my face starts to become oily with it on! Something I found strange is that people failed to mention that IT HAS SPARKLES IN IT! It doesn't actually show up when put it on at all, but you can visibly see it when you squeeze it out, or swatch it on your wrist. My phase looks so clear as a whole when I wear this!! My friend actually commented on how well my face looked. I also like the packaging, much more sanitary than my last foundation, clinique's superbalanced makeup. I have Persian/European/little french skin, so it's reallyyy hard to find a good color match! I first got this in shade 30 which was too tan for me. And then I switched it out for 18 which is PERFECT! No pink undertones or anything bleh. Just wow. It's an absolute perfect match! I can't say enough about this ok sorry

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/7/2014 2:00:00 AM More reviews by Rachel1234

I've been using the Clinique Superbalanced foundation and really like it, but was curious about the Perfectly Real makeup. I had read that it was a little more matte than the Superbalanced, and since I have an oily t-zone, I thought I'd give it a try.

I think I like it even more than the Superbalanced! Perfectly Real has a little more coverage than Superbalanced, and is a bit more matte. It keeps my t-zone matter for longer. I like that! It's got a lovely, light, creamy texture too.

I found an even better skin color match in Perfectly Real too - 04G (G for golden) for my fair warm skin (with yellow undertones). In the Superbalanced I wear the shade "Alabaster" which is a neutral shade that matches me fine ..... but my skin is actually a little yellower than the Alabaster. This Perfectly Real in 04G is still very fair like the Alabaster, just a bit more yellow (or "golden"). For reference, I also wear Bare Minerals in "Fairly-Light" .... and 04G looks like the same color as "Fairly-Light" on me.

Now I own two foundations from Clinique that I love, Superbalanced and Perfectly Real! :)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/24/2013 10:33:00 AM More reviews by therose12

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I have been searching for years for a foundation that I could use every day and not have to change, and this is it! I have dry, sensitive skin and rosacea. I apply this with a sponge and then go back over my t zone by patting the area to cover any redness. It works like a charm. I use # 1 and it is a perfect match.....It helps with keeping my face moist and I can't even tell I am wearing makeup. For me this is a life saver and it makes me feel less concerned about redness.....Thank you Clinique!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/29/2013 10:01:00 AM More reviews by Ash394

I liked this product, it made my skin look beautiful and was not greasy as I found the Clinique Even Better to be! I actually loved it, but the only problems I had was it didn't seem to last me very long in the product itself and it didn't last as long as I'd like on my face. It would just be drying up on face after about 4 hours. I'm now moving to try Lancome foundations.