October 24, 2014 | 1907 users online

Lip Gloss - Urban Decay - AC/DC lipgunk

rated 5 of 5 on 10/30/2006 4:10:00 PM More reviews by diorandvuitton

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

This is fun and a deep plum color. It's got sparkles and tastes like a jelly bean. The staying power isin't sosos wonderful but it's a really cute gloss. Wouldn't get it again, but just as a something-different gloss it rocks. Besides, anything that says "AC/DC" kicks a$$ regardless.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2006 3:19:00 PM More reviews by queenc78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is one of my all-time favorite make-up items! I'm on my third tube, I use it so often. It's a lovely sheer purple gloss with fine silver glitter and a jelly bena scent (unfortunately not much flavor :( )

Another reviewer, a filipino girl commented that it may work well with deeper skin tones--I'm very fair and rosey complected, and this color is gorgeous on me, too, so I would say it's very versatile.

Unfortunatly, it's avialability HAS gone by the way-side, as so many great UD products have (is anyone else as ticked as I am that they just stopped making those fabulous lipsticks!?) but if you can find it, this gloss is well worth having.

FYI-I'm a goth-girl at heart, so you dark-spirited ladies should love this!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/13/2005 7:45:00 PM More reviews by Jishyo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

AC/DC Lipgunk Review

Overall, I love UD Lip Gunks because theyíre moist, shinny and last such a long time. Iíve swapped/bought several shades and have never been disappointed with the formula. Sadly, I notice that UD is slowly phasing out their many colors of lip gunk so their availability may or may not be an issue for you.

AC/DC looks like a nice dark purple in the bottle with sliver sparkles inside. When I use this shade however, the silver sparkles arenít gritty on my lips or garish-looking at all. Application is VERY SMOOTH. As long as I wipe my lips well, the sparkles wonít be left behind on my mouth. The sparkles arenít very big to begin with, so if a few should remain itís not noticeable.

As with all lip gunks, they have yummy smells and tastes. This one was officially listed as jellybeans. To me this shade specifically tastes like grape jellybeans, which I can tolerate. Grape isnít my favorite taste of all time, but the taste and scent arenít so distracting that it prevents me from wearing this shade.

Unlike Paranoid or some of the other UD lip gunk shades, AC/DC actually goes on somewhat sheer but can be built for a bit darker look. Normally I donít go for lip colors that are sheer because my upper lip is darker than my bottom one. However, the purple color is a nice wash on my lips and actually somehow works with my dark top lip. I like wearing this especially with maroon or dark purple clothing, but if you wanted something a bit sophisticated-looking itís good to wear then too. Iíve worn this both during the day and evening, but as a Filipino from Hawaii- I think I can get away with it because of my complexion.

The only thing that might prevent someone from buying this is the price- which retails for about $13! However, Iíve been able to find and sample these for a little less through swapping and eBay auctions. Youíll only be able to get this shade through swapping and eBay auctions now, because the company has discontinued it.

If this isnít your shade, then donít be afraid to look continue to look for other lip gunk shades that work for your coloring.

continued >>

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/8/2005 1:28:00 AM More reviews by PoisonedIvy

Damn, I just don't like the texture of lipgunks. Not enough body, not thick enough for me. I'd probably deal except the color is just too brownish on me. Some plums do- not sure why. I do like that it applies evenly, with no streaking; many lipglosses this color don't. Tasted fabulous too. I'll stick with Sally Hansen Diamond Lip Treatments in Always Ascher, basically. continued >>

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/6/2005 7:48:00 AM More reviews by lanae87

I was reluctant at first to try this b/c it looked scary-dark in the tube. But, this is a pretty, sheer blackberry shade with fine silver shimmer particles. Has a fun, fruity jelly bean scent. As with all UD l/g, I love the smooth, non-gritty texture. This is a d/c shade, so I got this and Paranoid for half-price on the UD website. Not a HG shade for me, but I could see myself reaching for this occassionally.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2005 10:52:00 AM More reviews by LadyMedb

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Other, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

*Gasp* Fun, wearable colour. I was worried that this would be too light on me, but it remains an intense burgundy/plum while still staying whisper-sheer. I am sure that this will be a versatile gloss in my collection, both for putting a bit of glitter over a lipstick, and for maintaining sexy yet subtle lips when I want attention on my smoky eyes. Yay!

rated 4 of 5 on 3/22/2005 1:02:00 AM More reviews by beautifulal

I was terrified to try this color. It's horribly dark-looking in the tube. Surprisingly, the color is very sheer and wearable! I'm not so keen on the jelly bean taste/scent. I'll probably pick up another tube of this while UD still has them in stock (RIP product).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2005 10:39:00 PM More reviews by carlybabes

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

One of my favorite UD glosses, this one is a sheer blackberry shade with a bit of silver microglitter. The sparkle is VERY subtle, and it isn't gritty at all.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2005 9:10:00 PM More reviews by tooextreme4you

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This is probably one of the only purples I can wear. It's very sheer, too, with tiny silver sparkles, and tastes and smells like jellybeans. I have heard that it's been discontinued, though. =(

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/19/2005 2:21:00 PM More reviews by lisabell10

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

This one looks pretty in the tube, but when I put it on it's so sheer it hardly shows up. It's nice to put over l/s, but I'm disappointed I can't wear it alone (I have pale, unpigmented lips). The texure is great, as is the taste -- blackberry, I believe? I just wish it was more pigmented...