Cle de Peau Concealer - Beige

4.4

on 8/29/2015 11:16:00 PM

I'll start out by saying that I have extremely dark purple circles under my eyes and my eye lids are pretty red, always have been...and very thin skinned around the eye. I've always been looking for heavy duty coverage and now that I'm in my 40s I need to worry about caking in the fine lines around my eyes. If you're in my situation, even if you don't have to worry about wrinkles, I can assure you this is THE concealer for you. It totally takes away the purple and red around my eyes...I use a brush and gently dab it on my eye lids, the corners, and under the eyes. After that I use my pinky or ring finger to press it in to let it melt into my skin, very little rubbing is needed. Another amazing use of this is for concealing the tiny bits of rosacea that popped up a couple of years ago. What's great about concealing the rosacea on my cheeks with this stuff, is that it doesn't rub off when applying highlighter (Becca champagne pop) foundation (Dior flash) or blush (make up forever rouge)!!!!! That is amazing since I've always had cover up on any part of my face come off when applying additional make up. Yes, it's spendy. However I've had the same tube for YEARS. Literally. It lasts forever. Seems like I'm not even close to running out and it's probably been 3-4 years. Unsanitary maybe, but haven't noticed anything different/bad with it through the years. So over the many years this stuff lasts, it's actually cheap!

on 4/1/2015 10:36:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

I've tried everything to cover my hereditary dark circles. Nothing really worked. I had resigned myself to always looking tired. When an incredibly rude woman asked me last month what was wrong with my eyes, I decided to head to Nordstrom's.

I'm fair, so the MUA initially tried putting the lightest shade, Ivory, on me, which did nothing but turn my circles grey. She then tried Beige and my circles disappeared. First time ever.

I apply a moisturizer first, let it set, then apply my concealer with a brush. I set it with powder - right now I'm using the yellow powder from my Bobbi Brown concealer kit.

When my circles are really bad - no sleep on top of my normal condition - I use a bit of the Ocher sample that the MUA gave me to correct the darkness before applying Beige.

It's hugely expensive, but it only cost a fraction of the money I've wasted on concealers that fell short of their claims.

on 3/1/2015 5:36:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I have been wanting to purchase this concealer for soooo long. For various reasons, it never happened...until last weekend. NO REGRETS. True to hype for me. The coverage is absolute with the first pass of my brush and looks natural. Stays put. Wears evenly all day. No gastly white circles, just smooth even skin, my face is a "whole" look. Not EYES and then. FACE.

UPDATE: 4/10/2015
Very much loving this concealer. Will purchase the CDP serum at some point to add moisture. I do have to make sure I am well hydrated under my eye area for this application. But, really, don't they all after require a little extra oomph after a tender age?

on 2/20/2015 4:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I can't possibly say that a concealer is worth $70 so let's skip the price and talk about the product. This is THE CONCEALER that 1. really covers dark circles, 2. doesn't collect in fine lines 3. melds into your skin. I have recessed eyes and have lost volume over the years so I have hollows more than the typical dark circles. This works best when I apply it while my eye moisturizer is still damp. I am fair/neutral (Cle de Peau B10 foundation, Nars Terra Neuve Tinted Moisturizer, Koh Gen Do 113) and I have this in beige. Seems to cancel the darkness as well as cover so you don't need a heavy layer of product. Nothing else I've tried works as well though some come close: Nars, Bare Escentuals Stroke of Light , IT Cosmetics. I am not looking for a bargain when I shop for a concealer because with the right one your whole face changes and you use less makeup overall.

on 6/20/2014 11:12:00 PM

I don't use under eye concealer so I can't speak for it's efficacy in that area. I have seb derm around my nose and that is where I use concealer. I use concealer every day to cover the redness in that area. At first I was disappointed with this because it seemed to accentuate the flakes around my nose (a symptom of seb derm). I felt like I had wasted my money. However, after a period of time using a creamier concealer I came back to this as I just wanted to use it up. It was then that I realized how much I loved this concealer. It's lasting power is incomparable and yet it feels like nothing on the skin. It blends easily and imperceptibly into the skin. The formula is a dream, you can even sheer it out to use over broader areas like a foundation. You only need the tiniest amount and I think that it actually works out that you spend less on this concealer than you realize. Also, even when I thought that I didn't like this concealer I always admired how great the packaging was--it's solid, portable, and just so easy to use. I am off to buy a second tube in ocher for the summer months although I still have at least half of my beige left--- after a year of consistent use! If you have tons of flaky skin then I don't recommend this concealer but if it's just for discoloration then I cannot recommend this highly enough.

on 5/19/2014 9:09:00 PM

CRAZY expensive but worth it! I've had mine for over a year, using it very often, and I still have a ton left. I hesitated for a long time before buying this because of the price, but I have really bad under eye circles and decided to give it a try after hearing so much about it, and I did not regret buying it. Great coverage, smooth texture, super blendable and doesn't dry out my eye area, which is already dehydrated enough as it is. Will definitely repurchase this.

on 12/27/2013 8:32:00 AM

I was so lucky this holiday season, a client who works for CDP, gave me this for free! I have used this for years, and it the only concealer I will ever buy. It totally covers my dark circles, without any dryness. I just warm up the product on my finger, and gently pat away. Beige is the pefect mach for my light to medium skin tone.

on 12/14/2013 1:28:00 AM

Hair: Other, Other, Coarse

I do love this, an HG for me. I actually use 3 shades but beige is my most frequent "go-to."

on 7/26/2013 4:32:00 AM

I LOVE this product. I use it under the eyes sheerly (applied using a Becca 55 brush) and it brightens them/makes dark circles disappear. I use it as a concealer, using a concealer brush, on spots and old scars. I use it to even out skin tone by mixing a little with some moisturiser and applying with a foundation brush. It just looks like skin in all the above cases. And stays put without any need to powder/set. What more do you need?! Wonderful. I also have one in Ivory that I use as more of a highlighter. This stuff is the bomb and worth every penny. I've rebought several times and each one lasts me years.

on 6/6/2013 10:08:00 AM

I only tried a sample and it was enough for months, so if you like this product buy it, I bet it will last forever!
I'm not convinced. I tried Beige but the color looked a bit off. If you take your time and blend, blend, blend in it looks nice, and covers very well, but still...Not convinced. It can be drying so moisturize FIRST - I think this is the KEY.

Top Rated Cle de Peau Products