August 23, 2014 | 1765 users online

Moisturizers - L'Oreal - hydrafresh moisturizer (oily skin)

rated 1 of 5 on 3/2/2014 8:33:00 AM More reviews by lazyorbit

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

It really had the mattifying effect as per advertised, but it's not moisturising enough, and I had breakouts the first time I used it. I have combination skin, so I avoided dry areas and only applied to Tzone. I found something out this way.

The mattifying effect was from some stuff which I assumed was some sort of talcum, that came off in my nails when I accidentally scratched my face. I guess it's the particles from this gunk that gave me the breakout. Will never buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/30/2013 12:48:00 AM More reviews by kinaNHLJETS

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Used this product for the first time today. Absolutely love it! I have oily skin especially in the t-zone. This product gave me a soft, smooth finish and worked great under my covergirl stay fabulous foundation (which is recommended for oily skin). This product kept me matte pretty much all day, by the end of the night I had a nice dewy look in my skin, not too oily. I usually have to use blotting paper throughout the day to get rid of any excess oil, didnt have to do that today. I also love that it has SPF 15 in it and the packaging and scent it great! Would definitely repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/29/2012 5:05:00 PM More reviews by angquinn

I actually enrolled here just to review this product. I wouldn't say I have oily skin but if I use cream based moisturizer I get very oily and break out. I only use Gel based products. Because I'm in my mid thirties I've been experimenting with different products for anti aging. I've used Hydrafresh for normal to oily for about 7 years now. It gives me lasting moisture without being heavy or oily. It's lightweight and offers spf 15 protection. It is better than every high end brand I've tried and it's far less expensive. A jar lasts me months.

I love this product and always go back to it after trying other products its fantastic.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2012 1:43:00 PM More reviews by blondie86

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This moisturized well and felt great going onto my skin, but it didn't keep me matte, and it broke me out. I got those skin colored bumps along my chin and jaw line from using this. I wont repurchase and I'm still continuing my search for my perfect daily moisturizer!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/23/2012 7:22:00 PM More reviews by marianab16

For some strange reason, I can't find my daily moisturizer so easily in my country (I live in Argentina and I'm talking about Neutrogena Ultra Light for oily skin). That's why I needed to try a new moisturizer. I had heard some good opinions about L'oreal Hydrafresh, specially due to its gel/cream texture which seems to be really convenient for oily skin (mainly during the summer).
At the beginning, I couldn't find the version for oily skin. So I decided to try Hydrafresh for dry or sensitive skin (the pink one). In fact, my skin is very sensitive. I have to admit the formula did work on me and I left my review of it.

However, I was decided to keep looking for the version for oily skin. And I found it. L'oreal Hydrafresh for normal to combination skin (the green one) is pretty similar to the version for dry/sensitive skin but even better.
The gel/cream texture is even lighter and softer. The smell is even nicer. It has exactly the texture I was looking for. It's ultra light, definitely. I needed something that my skin can absorb quickly and the green formula is absorbed faster than the pink one. It's ideal for the summertime time and its humid days. When you apply it, you feel a fresh sensation on your skin. Your face feels smooth, luminous and even toned. It doesn't look greasy or shiny at all. You don't need lot of product to cover your face and neck because the gel/cream texture melts on your skin easily and softly.
Its smell is stronger than the pink version, but it's very nice in my opinion. A frutal, citric and not invasive fragrance. Definitely, it's a great moisturizer for my skin type. I'm planning to keep using it for a long time and in case I can't find the green one easily, I can get the pink one because it works on me too. No one of them has caused me skin troubles. Both formulas are dermatologically tested.
Depending on your skin, you can use the green one during spring/summer and the pink one during fall/winter.
The product has just one disadvantage: it hasn't SPF. If this cream had SPF, it would be a perfect moisturizer. I've read there is a version of Hydrafresh for normal to combination skin with SPF but unfortunately it's not available in my country. I must admit Hydrafresh is a basic moisturizer (no SPF; no anti aging) but it's a very good one.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/23/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by exoticrum

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love the cooling sensation, but that's about it. It has no SPF so I have to use a separate one. It claims to be hydrating and mattifying, but does not deliver. Moisturizing power is so-so. I had dry patches on my skin and I applied this moisturizer on. The next day, I woke up to painful zits. Will never repurchase!

rated 2 of 5 on 6/25/2011 6:51:00 AM More reviews by sheidadentist

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

it doesn't make an oily skin look mat,but it moisturise ,well its a moisturizer! but a very boring one,nothing special just some feel of green and false freshness,it doesn;t fresh your skin,maybe the alcohol would make your skin hydrated,its a pity,the only good point is somehow the texure but melted butter also has a good texure

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2010 1:11:00 AM More reviews by cherryumbrella

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Other, Other, Fine Eyes: Other

It does keep your skin matte, but also dries it out. My skin (esp dry cheek area) feels SO dry when I put it on....awful :( My skin is also sensitive, and the perfume in this doesn't help. Maybe for really oily girls with not too sensitive skin this might be okay...but most products that control oil will dry your skin out like this one.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2010 4:39:00 PM More reviews by mschumps

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I love this product. I've been using it for 4 years (or more?) as a moisturizer and base for my foundation. I have combination skin, and I break out around the T-zone - but my skin just loves this. I bought this because its texture and effect is like Clinique's Moisture Surge, but for much less $.

Highlights:
-non-greasy
-absorbs quickly
-smell is light citrus - very pleasant
-you don't need a lot of it, so it lasts a long time
-primes skin with thin barrier (not really a film" as other reviewers call it) that evens out skin texture for a good foundation base.

Lowlights:
-may not moisturize enough if you live somewhere with dry, harsh winters (like Canada's North or East)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2010 7:15:00 AM More reviews by hanna84panna

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Possibly the best moisturizer I've ever tried and I tried quite a few, most of them at five times the cost of this one. It clears my acne prone skin! And it also ha a primer effect wich make my mineral foundation from laura mercier stay put all day, I usually need like two touch ups. But with this my skin looks great all day. I LOVE it. I wouldn't recommened it for dry skin but for oilier, acne prone skin it works wonders!!! True bargain.