L'Oreal hydrafresh moisturizer (oily skin)

3.3

Water, Cyclohexasiloxane, Glycerin, Alcohol Denat, Butylene Glycol, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Ammonium Polyacryldimethyltaurate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Dimethicone, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Ascorbyl Glucoside, Magnesium Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Triethanolamine, Cholesterol, Sodium Citrate, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Phenoxyethanol, Chlorphenesin, Methylparaben, Disodium EDTA, Butylparaben, Ethylparaben, Propylparaben, Isobutylparaben, Yellow 5, Blue 1, Fragrance (B4736/2)

on 3/2/2014 8:33:00 AM

It really had the mattifying effect as per advertised, but it's not moisturising enough, and I had breakouts the first time I used it. I have combination skin, so I avoided dry areas and only applied to Tzone. I found something out this way.

The mattifying effect was from some stuff which I assumed was some sort of talcum, that came off in my nails when I accidentally scratched my face. I guess it's the particles from this gunk that gave me the breakout. Will never buy again.

on 5/30/2013 12:48:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm

Used this product for the first time today. Absolutely love it! I have oily skin especially in the t-zone. This product gave me a soft, smooth finish and worked great under my covergirl stay fabulous foundation (which is recommended for oily skin). This product kept me matte pretty much all day, by the end of the night I had a nice dewy look in my skin, not too oily. I usually have to use blotting paper throughout the day to get rid of any excess oil, didnt have to do that today. I also love that it has SPF 15 in it and the packaging and scent it great! Would definitely repurchase.

on 9/29/2012 5:05:00 PM

I actually enrolled here just to review this product. I wouldn't say I have oily skin but if I use cream based moisturizer I get very oily and break out. I only use Gel based products. Because I'm in my mid thirties I've been experimenting with different products for anti aging. I've used Hydrafresh for normal to oily for about 7 years now. It gives me lasting moisture without being heavy or oily. It's lightweight and offers spf 15 protection. It is better than every high end brand I've tried and it's far less expensive. A jar lasts me months.

I love this product and always go back to it after trying other products its fantastic.

on 7/17/2012 1:43:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Neutral

This moisturized well and felt great going onto my skin, but it didn't keep me matte, and it broke me out. I got those skin colored bumps along my chin and jaw line from using this. I wont repurchase and I'm still continuing my search for my perfect daily moisturizer!

on 2/23/2012 11:30:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral

I love the cooling sensation, but that's about it. It has no SPF so I have to use a separate one. It claims to be hydrating and mattifying, but does not deliver. Moisturizing power is so-so. I had dry patches on my skin and I applied this moisturizer on. The next day, I woke up to painful zits. Will never repurchase!

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Warm

it doesn't make an oily skin look mat,but it moisturise ,well its a moisturizer! but a very boring one,nothing special just some feel of green and false freshness,it doesn;t fresh your skin,maybe the alcohol would make your skin hydrated,its a pity,the only good point is somehow the texure but melted butter also has a good texure

Hair: Other, Other, Fine

It does keep your skin matte, but also dries it out. My skin (esp dry cheek area) feels SO dry when I put it on....awful :( My skin is also sensitive, and the perfume in this doesn't help. Maybe for really oily girls with not too sensitive skin this might be okay...but most products that control oil will dry your skin out like this one.

on 5/6/2010 4:39:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I love this product. I've been using it for 4 years (or more?) as a moisturizer and base for my foundation. I have combination skin, and I break out around the T-zone - but my skin just loves this. I bought this because its texture and effect is like Clinique's Moisture Surge, but for much less $.

Highlights:
-non-greasy
-absorbs quickly
-smell is light citrus - very pleasant
-you don't need a lot of it, so it lasts a long time
-primes skin with thin barrier (not really a film" as other reviewers call it) that evens out skin texture for a good foundation base.

Lowlights:
-may not moisturize enough if you live somewhere with dry, harsh winters (like Canada's North or East)

on 1/15/2010 7:15:00 AM

Possibly the best moisturizer I've ever tried and I tried quite a few, most of them at five times the cost of this one. It clears my acne prone skin! And it also ha a primer effect wich make my mineral foundation from laura mercier stay put all day, I usually need like two touch ups. But with this my skin looks great all day. I LOVE it. I wouldn't recommened it for dry skin but for oilier, acne prone skin it works wonders!!! True bargain.

on 12/22/2009 9:09:00 PM

I really don't get all the hate for this product, it's probably my favourite moisturizer ever. The big selling point for me is that it's awesome as a base for foundation. I use EL Double Wear which is very thick and emphasizes uneven skin so I need something to create a smooth base. Hydrafresh does just that. As many mentioned it leaves a film on your face and that reacts amazingly well with foundation and makes it SO easy to blend. All my other moisturizers just disappear into my skin and don't help with blending if I don't slather them on.

I have combo skin and Hydrafresh keeps me well moisturised. The film it leaves on my face keeps my skin from cracking in the cold and feeling tight. I guess it must be packed with silicones but it doesn't damage my skin in any way.

Also it never made me greasy and believe me I've tried gazillions of moisturisers to keep my makeup from sliding off. Hydrafresh seems to create a barrier between my skin and makeup, kind of like a primer, and it cuts down on the oilies very nicely.

Overall, definitely recommended! It's affordable, smells good and is incredibly good under makeup. One minor gripe of mine is that it stings sensitive areas of my skin for a few seconds if I slather on too much. Despite this I surely will repurchase until I find something better.

Popular Moisturizers