Mavala Mavadry

4.2

Ethyl Acetate, Alcohol Denat., Butyl Acetate, Cellulose Acetate Butyrate, Acrylates Copolymer, Trimethyl Pentanyl Diisobutyrate, Sucrose Benzoate, Triphenyl Phosphate, Nitrocellulose, Etocrylene, Isopropyl Alcohol, Benzophenone-1, Dimethicone, Violet 2 (CI 60725), Red 33 (CI 17200). (European version)

on 1/31/2015 10:46:00 PM

Hair: Blond, Other, Fine

I've purchased this product more than once over the years since I first discovered it (ages ago!), and have always been pleased with it. I'm a fan of most Mavala nail products, and find them to be of very high quality. Mavadry is an excellent top coat and truly does speed up the drying time after polish application. It also gives a lovely shine to freshly polished nails. I actually like the packaging; it's quite old school and vintage looking, and hasn't changed in all the years I've been using it which I really appreciate. I wish more companies would not be so quick to re-package products in an effort to remain trendy, and I love that Mavala has kept their packaging classic.

on 10/12/2014 5:52:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

The first top coat that actually does the trick for me. Mavadry is the first top coat that I actually used up within a year and repurchased gladly. To be fair, I have mostly tried cheapo brands before, plus Essie's All In One Base, which isn't much to write home about. Mavadry actually keeps its promises: it's a time-saver and colour enhancer. It goes well with OPI and Essie. I use Mavala 002 Protective Base Coat with it. The only cons I can think of: unattractive packaging and a tendency to get goopy with time. My first bottle of Mavadry thickened after a while and the product became difficult to apply, but thanks to Mavala's nail polish thinner I managed to extend the usage. The goopiness might be prevented by closing the bottle more carefully.

on 9/28/2014 1:30:00 PM

It lessens drying time and no more smudged nails!

on 12/8/2012 9:10:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

I really wanted to like this but I am disappointed. After my bottle of Seche Vite ran out I looked at reviews to choose a replacement fast-drying topcoat and wanted to try something different as although Seche Vite has been great for me, I do get the edge-peeling/shrinking problems as well as needing the Seche Restore to get to the end of the bottle. I chose to try Mavadry (topcoat in bottle) but found it very slow-drying. I'm surprised as I can't understand why it works so well for others but doesn't work at all for me. I'll be going back to Seche Vite, despite its drawbacks.

on 7/18/2012 7:03:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

This is my favorite quicky-dry top coat (I believe there are two products that are called Mavadry: one is a spray, and one is a regular top coat... I am reviewing the top coat). It works super fast, and there are no shrinkage issues like with Seche Vite. My last mani lasted 10 days with minimal tipwear before I finally removed it. Don't be put off by the slightly rosy tint, it goes on clear. Costs about 7-8. Definitely a HG item.

Amazing stuff!!! Who wants to wait for their nails to dry? This stuff does it for you - i wont be able to live without this now!! Love the added shine it gives the polish and im sure my manicures last longer. I actually want to change my nail colour more now that i use this product because it takes the agony to drying/damaging time away completely!

on 2/8/2012 3:21:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Excellent product! Dries the nail polish underneath literally in seconds, prevents chipping, no shrinkage, provides extra shine... All in all, this one is what I wished seche vite to be, will absolutely buy again.

on 1/24/2012 4:42:00 PM

I have never reviewed a nail product before but this stuff is amazing!! I learned about it here on mua. As a topcoat, it is unbeaten and i've tried high end, low end, etc. My polish lasts for days with this as a topcoat and i have a job where i usually end up with chips after one or at most two days.

Saves me from the daily removal and re-polish. What a delight to find something that works so well!!

on 1/16/2012 9:07:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine

I picked up my first bottle of Mavadry while I was on a holiday in Switzerland many years ago. Back then I was using something from Sally Hansen which I left at home and normally I don't take any manicure kit while travelling. So I've been using this for a while now and I really like it. It dries fast, prolongs the wear of my nail polish and it hardly chips (my manicure stays perfect for 6 days). Plus I really love the shine. I believe Mavala could've done more about the brush though. I find them too long and too thin. It's not easy to apply without steady hands. Thankfully, it's just a top coat. If it's a nail polish, I will never buy them again.

Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool

I got into an obsession with nail polish when I was in Hong Kong for vacation last December and my cousin recommeded that I get a fast-dry topcoat so off I went and this was the one that the lady at the store suggested so I bought it.

It is the first top coat I've bought and it is AMAZING. It's pale pink in the bottle but applies clear, giving nail polish a super glossy finish. It is extremely fast drying. Within 30 seconds, it is touch dry and within 5 minutes, you are good to go. Less than 10 minutes and your nail polish is completely dry. I applied this over OPI's Russian Navy and had no chips after two weeks (though there was tip wear).

I am finished with my bottle and was devastated when I couldn't find it anywhere here in New Zealand but all is not lost! I recently visited a pharmacy and they sold a variety of Mavala products including Mavadry! :D Unfortunately, I bought the OPI Rapidry topcoat before I found out they sold Mavala here, I didn't purchase a new bottle.

Mavadry is definitely my favourite topcoat and I will repurchase it after my OPI Rapidry is finished/unusable (I hate Rapidry. It's horrible).

Popular Top/Base Coats