November 27, 2014 | 927 users online

Top/Base Coats - Mavala - Mavadry

rated 4 of 5 on 10/12/2014 5:52:00 AM More reviews by suyumbike

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

The first top coat that actually does the trick for me. Mavadry is the first top coat that I actually used up within a year and repurchased gladly. To be fair, I have mostly tried cheapo brands before, plus Essie's All In One Base, which isn't much to write home about. Mavadry actually keeps its promises: it's a time-saver and colour enhancer. It goes well with OPI and Essie. I use Mavala 002 Protective Base Coat with it. The only cons I can think of: unattractive packaging and a tendency to get goopy with time. My first bottle of Mavadry thickened after a while and the product became difficult to apply, but thanks to Mavala's nail polish thinner I managed to extend the usage. The goopiness might be prevented by closing the bottle more carefully.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/28/2014 1:30:00 PM More reviews by PBtangerine

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

It lessens drying time and no more smudged nails!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/8/2012 9:10:00 AM More reviews by emgrn

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I really wanted to like this but I am disappointed. After my bottle of Seche Vite ran out I looked at reviews to choose a replacement fast-drying topcoat and wanted to try something different as although Seche Vite has been great for me, I do get the edge-peeling/shrinking problems as well as needing the Seche Restore to get to the end of the bottle. I chose to try Mavadry (topcoat in bottle) but found it very slow-drying. I'm surprised as I can't understand why it works so well for others but doesn't work at all for me. I'll be going back to Seche Vite, despite its drawbacks.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/18/2012 7:03:00 AM More reviews by PrettyL

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This is my favorite quicky-dry top coat (I believe there are two products that are called Mavadry: one is a spray, and one is a regular top coat... I am reviewing the top coat). It works super fast, and there are no shrinkage issues like with Seche Vite. My last mani lasted 10 days with minimal tipwear before I finally removed it. Don't be put off by the slightly rosy tint, it goes on clear. Costs about 7-8. Definitely a HG item.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/9/2012 3:26:00 AM More reviews by Miss_Porcelain

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Amazing stuff!!! Who wants to wait for their nails to dry? This stuff does it for you - i wont be able to live without this now!! Love the added shine it gives the polish and im sure my manicures last longer. I actually want to change my nail colour more now that i use this product because it takes the agony to drying/damaging time away completely!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2012 3:21:00 PM More reviews by stls

Excellent product! Dries the nail polish underneath literally in seconds, prevents chipping, no shrinkage, provides extra shine... All in all, this one is what I wished seche vite to be, will absolutely buy again.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2012 4:42:00 PM More reviews by Fitby40

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have never reviewed a nail product before but this stuff is amazing!! I learned about it here on mua. As a topcoat, it is unbeaten and i've tried high end, low end, etc. My polish lasts for days with this as a topcoat and i have a job where i usually end up with chips after one or at most two days.

Saves me from the daily removal and re-polish. What a delight to find something that works so well!!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/16/2012 9:07:00 AM More reviews by Ubiquity

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

I picked up my first bottle of Mavadry while I was on a holiday in Switzerland many years ago. Back then I was using something from Sally Hansen which I left at home and normally I don't take any manicure kit while travelling. So I've been using this for a while now and I really like it. It dries fast, prolongs the wear of my nail polish and it hardly chips (my manicure stays perfect for 6 days). Plus I really love the shine. I believe Mavala could've done more about the brush though. I find them too long and too thin. It's not easy to apply without steady hands. Thankfully, it's just a top coat. If it's a nail polish, I will never buy them again.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 6:50:00 AM More reviews by IridescentIris

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Olive, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

I got into an obsession with nail polish when I was in Hong Kong for vacation last December and my cousin recommeded that I get a fast-dry topcoat so off I went and this was the one that the lady at the store suggested so I bought it.

It is the first top coat I've bought and it is AMAZING. It's pale pink in the bottle but applies clear, giving nail polish a super glossy finish. It is extremely fast drying. Within 30 seconds, it is touch dry and within 5 minutes, you are good to go. Less than 10 minutes and your nail polish is completely dry. I applied this over OPI's Russian Navy and had no chips after two weeks (though there was tip wear).

I am finished with my bottle and was devastated when I couldn't find it anywhere here in New Zealand but all is not lost! I recently visited a pharmacy and they sold a variety of Mavala products including Mavadry! :D Unfortunately, I bought the OPI Rapidry topcoat before I found out they sold Mavala here, I didn't purchase a new bottle.

Mavadry is definitely my favourite topcoat and I will repurchase it after my OPI Rapidry is finished/unusable (I hate Rapidry. It's horrible).

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2010 6:31:00 PM More reviews by mcorreia

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Other

I agree this is 100 times better than Seche Vite (SV started to get sticky like glue even before half of it was gone and right after it was impossible to use it!).
Mavadry applies easily, the texture has never changed (and I'm nearly in the end of the bottle), it gives a perfect and protective glossy shield to the nailpolish making it last so much longer than with a regular top coat; besides it makes nailpolish dry so fast.
I use it: either after the saloon manicure (wow what a difference! It totally resurrects the nailpolish) or when I do my own manicure at home
I'll never be able to go without this!