The Body Shop Vitamin E Lip Care SPF 15

3.7

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

Active: Octocrylene 10% (W/W), Octinoxate (7.5% W/W), Octisalate 1% (W/W) Non-Active: Hydrogenated Coconut Oil, Beeswax, Euphorbia Cerifera (Candelilla) Wax, Flavor, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange Peel) Wax, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, Tocopheryl Acetate, Panthenol, Ammonium Glycyrrhizate, Retinyl Palmitate, Tocopherol

My holy grail lip balm! I have extremely sensitive lips and this as well as nivea hydro-care is the only thing that my lips don't freak out at. I've tried various lip products like chapstick, carmex, burt's bees etc but they all end up making my lips worse then what they were. I only need to apply this 2/3 times a day so i apply this before bed every night and wake up to full & soft lips in the morning. The downside however is that the smell isn't exactly a nice one and it can feel a bit thick if you overapply. The packaging though is soo cute and the paper has some silk like waterproof texture which i can't stop fidgeting with!!

Pros:
- Vitamin E to fight against skin cell damage, protects lips from sun damage & repairs it
- Not addicting, don't need to reapply often
- Great for overly sensitive lips

Cons:
- bland smell

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium

I've suffered from dry lips for as far as I can remember. I tried many products.
I was even hooked on Carmex lip balms for some years (those really get your skin addicted).

This balm, on the other hand, doesn't do addiction. It just moisturizes.
Compared to other balms, this one really goes a long way, the lips stay silky long after the product is absorbed (so 2/3 applications a day is enough).

Only downside is the smell isn't great and the taste is a bit chemical.

I kept repurchasing this ever since I discovered it.

I have tried various lip balms before and only this one worked extremely well for me!

I have incredibly dry skin and have always been in search for the perfect fit for my constant drought going around on my lips. Baby Lips, Carmex, Burt's Bees, etc. have done nothing but worse cracks on my lips.

This product seals in moisture and won't dry out your lips into flakes unlike other products do after some time. It nourishes the skin and makes it easy for you to exfoliate by midday or the end of the day.

What I normally do is to apply the product right before I do my make up, and right before I go to bed at night. It worked wonders to my perpetually dry lips.

Highly recommended.

Good product that moisturizers the lips really well. Only down fall is that I found it didn't absorb into the lips that quickly.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I've used this for the last 10 years, since I was 17. Every time I stray and try another lip balm, I end up regretting and come back to this. I'm super picky with lip balms: don't like ones that leave a waxy residue, must be moisturizing and absolutely cannot tolerate the weird taste a lot of lip balms, lipsticks, lip glosses have. This is the only one that doesn't need constant reapplication (I'd say in winter days, I'd reapply 2-3 times a day), and once its on, you don't feel like there's a film on your lips and this keep my lips very soft. It's great to use it under lipstick or lipgloss too, as it is not too "wet".
I repurchase this every year or so and I always make sure to have a backup one. For the price, I would say it's a bit pricy when you can purchase one for $2 in drugstores but it's worth it for me and I know I can always rely on this! :) I recommend this to all my friends as well.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

This is a good lip balm. Keep lips hydrated for hours. No reapplication needed for at least 3-4 hours. and it has SPF 15. Recommend it!

Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure

I do not like it as a lip balm because it is not moisturising enough. I rather prefer to dab a few drops of grapeseed oil on my lips instead. Good thing, I found another use for it as my cuticle and nails balm and I am loving it and i find it better than Burts Bees lemon and butter cuticle cream.

Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Warm

I love this product. smooth and hydrated lips. Re purchase every 2 yrs. Goes over /under any lip gloss or lipstick perfectly!

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Inexpensive, decent balm. Been around for years.

Brilliant lip balm and I have tried many! ;)

I like many of us have suffered with dry lips and this is the only product that has sorted my dry chapped lips. Definitely recommend this, and it has SPF15 too.

Popular Lip Treatments